what does a professional poker player consist of?

Hello,I have currently been playing poker for 10 years and have been very sucessfull over the years. I am sponsored by pokersponsor.net so they take care of my bankroll and over the years I have brought in over $600,000 in profits in my carreer including losses. I pay taxes on my income and have placed in 7 major online poker events. So am I a professional? Am i free to call my self one? Please let me here what you think being professional poker player consists of..

1 part heart, 1 part bankroll management, and 2 parts STFU.
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :club:
:shock: Welcome to the board Jimmy.Obviously if you pay a majority of all your living expenses with poker earnings you would most probably be safe calling yourself a pro.o.k., now DIE!!!!! :twisted: kidding ... (or not)...Best...
1 part heart, 1 part bankroll management, and 2 parts STFU.
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :club:
:shock: Welcome to the board Jimmy.Obviously if you pay a majority of all your living expenses with poker earnings you would most probably be safe calling yourself a pro.o.k., now DIE!!!!! :twisted: kidding ... (or not)...Best...
ur an idiot. its spam.

I think in order to qualify as pro, one needs to have made enough money over a certain period of time to qualify it as "a living."Just as important, and I'm really, really not trying to flame here....I'm not like that, but really....I don't think a "pro" worries about whether or not they can justify their status to others. There is an attitude, a confidence in your own ability...not looking to others to validate. You know that you can play, you know you can manage money, yada yada yada...without worrying about justifying it with every person you meet.Then again, I'm not a pro...so...

http://www.paidplayers.com/faq.phpwhat's the deal with this scam anyway?its just a rake back site right? it must be a skin of some other place as well... anyone know?
is this the company you were going to start a while ago. I remember you posting something about backing players and trying to rip them off. if this is your site, i really hope they ban your cock-tooth out of here. i never liked you after seeing that thread. you are probably trebor aren't you?
http://www.paidplayers.com/faq.phpwhat's the deal with this scam anyway?its just a rake back site right? it must be a skin of some other place as well... anyone know?
is this the company you were going to start a while ago. I remember you posting something about backing players and trying to rip them off. if this is your site, i really hope they ban your cock-tooth out of here. i never liked you anyways
cute.no mine just wires it into a new account of your choice, on a site of your choice.i'm jsut wondering what the host room is, and how they allow this
is this the company you were going to start a while ago. I remember you posting something about backing players and trying to rip them off. if this is your site, i really hope they ban your cock-tooth out of here. i never liked you anyways
cute.no mine just wires it into a new account of your choice, on a site of your choice.i'm jsut wondering what the host room is, and how they allow this
ok, sorry about my post. haha. i thought you were just spamming your site.peaceeeeeeee
ok, sorry about my post. haha. i thought you were just spamming your site.peaceeeeeeee
lol. i woudn't put it past me. but no, my thing is actually staking. it's going well. we may disband next quater if we can't get new players though... i'm apathetic, it served its purpose

Actually, I want to amend my answer...you know you are a pro if you get an e-mail like this:______________________________________________Dear "your screenname here",Hi, this is Doyle Brunson and I want to personally invite you to play in this weeks Bounty Tournament at DoylesRoom..........blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahSee you in the tournament,Doyle (TexDolly) Brunson ______________________________________________Wow! A personal invite from the Legend himself. I must be good!

Actually, I want to amend my answer...you know you are a pro if you get an e-mail like this:______________________________________________Dear "your screenname here",Hi, this is Doyle Brunson and I want to personally invite you to play in this weeks Bounty Tournament at DoylesRoom..........blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahSee you in the tournament,Doyle (TexDolly) Brunson  ______________________________________________Wow! A personal invite from the Legend himself.  I must be good!
Yeeeeeeeeeessssss, i got that email. Now i know im a pro for sure.....thanx

Poker professional is someone who needs poker to supply all or a majority of your yearly salary. Though the lines have been blured a bit because more and more top professionals seem to make the majority of their money on endorsements and investments rather than actual poker.

I haven't played there in ages, quit as soon as a cleared the initial bonus.My screenname? LazyBumI can't tell you how uplifting, how graftifying, how overwhelming wonderful it is to get an email from Doyle Brunson that starts:Dear Lazybum, :wink:

Hello,I have currently been playing poker for 10 years and have been very sucessfull over the years. I am sponsored by pokersponsor.net so they take care of my bankroll and over the years I have brought in over $600,000 in profits in my carreer including losses. I pay taxes on my income and have placed in 7 major online poker events. So am I a professional? Am i free to call my self one? Please let me here what you think being professional poker player cOn this page: Dictionary Thesaurus WordNet Wikipedia Translations Mentioned In --------------- Or search:   - The Web   - Images   - News   - Blogs   - Shopping  professional    Dictionary  pro·fes·sion·al (prə-fĕsh'ə-nəl)  adj.Of, relating to, engaged in, or suitable for a profession: lawyers, doctors, and other professional people.Conforming to the standards of a profession: professional behavior.Engaging in a given activity as a source of livelihood or as a career: a professional writer.Performed by persons receiving pay: professional football.Having or showing great skill; expert: a professional repair job.n.A person following a profession, especially a learned profession.One who earns a living in a given or implied occupation: hired a professional to decorate the house.A skilled practitioner; an expert.pro·fes'sion·al·ly adv.        Thesaurus  professional  adjectiveHaving or demonstrating a high degree of knowledge or skill: adept, crack, expert, master, masterful, masterly, proficient, skilled, skillful. Slang crackerjack. See ability/inability.nounA person with a high degree of knowledge or skill in a particular field: ace, adept, authority, dab hand, expert, master, past master, proficient, wizard. Informal whiz. Slang crackerjack. Chiefly British dab2. See ability/inability.    WordNet  Note: click on a word meaning below to see its connections and related words.  The noun professional has 3 meanings:Meaning #1: a person engaged in one of the learned professions  Synonym: professional personMeaning #2: an athlete who plays for pay  Synonym: pro  Antonym: amateur (meaning #2)Meaning #3: an authority qualified to teach apprentices  Synonym: master--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The adjective professional has 5 meanings:Meaning #1: engaged in a profession or engaging in as a profession or means of livelihood  Antonym: nonprofessional (meaning #1)Meaning #2: of or relating to or suitable as a profession  Pertains to noun: profession (meaning #1)Meaning #3: characteristic of or befitting a profession or one engaged in a profession  Antonym: unprofessional (meaning #1)Meaning #4: of or relating to a profession  Pertains to noun: profession (meaning #2)Meaning #5: engaged in by members of a profession--------------------------------------------------------------------------------    Wikipedia  professional  A professional works to receive payment for an activity (as a profession), which usually requires expertise and carries with it socially significant mores and folkways. That is to say, behaving professionally would indicate that the person's actions remain in accordance with specific rules, written or unwritten, pertaining to behavior, dress, speech, etc. By extension, the adjective professional can indicate that someone has great expertise or skill in a craft or activity.In narrow usage, not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, such occupations like construction work are more generally thought of as crafts. The completion of an apprenticeship is generally associated with skilled labor or trades such as carpenters, electricians, plumbers, and other similar occupations.The opposite of professional is amateur or disparagingly rank amateur. Sometimes an amateur can perform as well or better than an professional, but this is tends to be an exception. Therefore, in many fields a person must overcome a barrier before gaining recognition as a professional. Such barriers include academic degrees, certifications, or licenses. Professions with such barriers include those of accountancy, architecture, medicine, engineering, law, librarianship, nursing, social work and teaching.Sometimes the professional status of an activity is controversial, such as in whether or not professionals should be allowed to compete in the Olympic Games.It has been suggested that the crude, all or nothing categories of professional or amateur should be reconsidered. A historical shift is occurring with the rise of Pro-Ams, a new category of people that are pursuing amateur activities to professional standards.This entry is from Wikipedia, the leading user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors (see full disclaimer)      Translations  Translations for: Professional  Nederlands (Dutch)professioneel, beroeps-, beroepsmatig, beroepssporter, vakman  Français (French)  professionnel, expert, proDeutsch (German)  n. - Profi, Fachmannadj. - professionell, Berufs-, Profi-, fachmännisch, beruflichΕλληνική (Greek)  n. επαγγελματίας, επιτηδευματίας adj. επαγγελματικός  Italiano (Italian)  professionista, professionalePortuguês (Portuguese)  n. - profissionaladj. - profissionalРусский (Russian)  профессионал, профессиональный  Español (Spanish)  adj. - profesional, de profesión, de carreran. - profesional, de profesión, de carreraSvenska (Swedish)  n. - yrkesman, fackman, akademiskt utbildad, utövare av ngt av de fria yrkenaadj. - yrkes-, fackmässig, akademiskt utbildad, proffs-中国话 (Simplified Chinese)  adj. - 专业的, 职业的n. - 专业人才中國話 (Traditional Chinese)  adj. - 專業的, 職業的n. - 專業人才日本語 (Japanese)  n. - 職業人, 専門家, 本職, 玄人, プロadj. - 職業の, 職業に従事する, 職業的な, 商売にするالعربيه (Arabic)  ‏(الاسم) محترف, منصرف إليه بوصفه موردا للرزق (صفه) مهني, حرفي, احترافي‏  עברית (Hebrew)  adj. - מקצועניn. - מקצועןIf you are unable to view some languages clearly, click here.To select your translation preferences click here.  Mentioned In  professional is mentioned in the following topics:  Professional Treadmill Msdn Professional  Nforce Professional Office Professional  Professional Fryers Professional Mixer  P.C. (legal term) CPS (abbreviation)  Professional Video Camera Microsoft Office Professional   More>    Copyrights:    Dictionary definition of professionalThe American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2004, 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.  More from Dictionary      Thesaurus synonyms of professionalRoget's II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition by the Editors of the American Heritage® Dictionary Copyright © 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.  More from Thesaurus      WordNet information about professionalWordNet 1.7.1 Copyright © 2001 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.  More from WordNet      Wikipedia information about professionalThis article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article "Professional".  More from Wikipedia      Translations for professionalCopyright © 2005, WizCom Technologies Ltd. All rights reserved.  More from Translations  Sponsored Links  Professional Grill HeadIn Natural Gas or Liquid Propane9S-SSG30www.Barbecues.com#    Scansoft Dragon8 Professional UpgradeSoftware at NexTagwww.nextag.com#      Fight Back Against $3.00 GasChase PerfectCard: 6% Rebate on Gas for 90 Days!Free Razr V3: Black or SilverFree with new Cingular Service; get two free with a family plan.    Your Ad Here  Jump to:  Select Item Dictionary Thesaurus WordNet Wikipedia Translations Mentioned In --------------- Or search:   - The Web   - Images   - News   - Blogs   - Shopping            Send this page            Print this page            Link to this page              Tell me about:   onsists of..