tobacco and poker?

I'm posting this fully expecting to get the usualy "Chewing is gross" lines, but I was just wondering if anyone else finds it easier to play good poker while chewing tobacco. I think it helps me relax in low limit games as I have something to do while folding bad hands and waiting on good ones.Does anyone know if chewing is allowed in tournaments?-Just wondering-sm

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm posting this fully expecting to get the usualy "Chewing is gross" lines, but I was just wondering if anyone else finds it easier to play good poker while chewing tobacco. I think it helps me relax in low limit games as I have something to do while folding bad hands and waiting on good ones.Does anyone know if chewing is allowed in tournaments?-Just wondering-sm
I used to chew tobacco when i played. today i had an air contrast barium enema because i crapped blood. you should quit chewing.air-contrast barium enema's are really really NOT fun.ffishh
I used to chew tobacco when i played. today i had an air contrast barium enema because i crapped blood. you should quit chewing.air-contrast barium enema's are really really NOT fun.ffishh
Yikes!How long have you been chewin?

In all seriousness...I understand where you are coming from. Can of Cope a day for 11 years, and on and off smoking.I quit dip cold turkey about 10 months ago....best decision Ive ever made. Its tough...and I miss it, but its ****ing BAD for you and hopefully you realize it before its too late.I actually decided to take up Cigars as a hobby...still allows me to have tobacco every once in a while, and I don't feel like such a feigning degenerate.When you are addicted, you find excuses to dip, and you associate times, situations, etc with the need to dip. It got so bad that pretty much any time except for eating was fair game (and even sometimes while I was eating)...One thing I did learn about quitting that surprised me...it wasn't the habit at all that had me...it was purely nicotine. I never woulda believed it...but purely chemical.Do yourself a favor....stop now.

Firstly if you have the will to quit you should try. I believe the actual rule is dependent upon where your at and who's working the shift. In California at the Commerce, if you play in the big room and are not discrete, the floorman Jack will politely inform you that (chewing is verboten). This is easily remedied by a subtle grease of the palm. This usually involves one or two red chips, five or ten bucks. Now if your at Bellagio and in one of the five diamond events you are risking a possible timeout if someone were to make a stink, since technically Bellagio does not allow chewing, ( go figure huh). I always chew at Bellagio and have never had a problem. I try to be discrete, usually using a cup with a lid that i pretend to be drinking from. No tells there.My local cardroom could give a rats ass. Spokane, pretty much redneck nation up here. Kinda sad but cant complain much since I'm one of them.With this said, I can tell you that it would be much easier to not chew if you have the will. The burden of having to pretend to be drinking out of a cup that you are actually spiting into is far greater than the actual enjoyment of the chew. Why i continue is beyond me but I've been doing it for a long time and try to stay conscious of the fact that I would like to stop.Imagine Mike Sexton talking to Vince. " what is he doing now Mike"? "Well folks, Ibelieve he is secreating some sort of liquid out of his mouth and into that cup". "Could this be a tell"? Well folks, ya just got to figure, he's from Spokane. Nice.

I chewed for umm... probably 7 years or so. Quit about 2 years ago. ffishh
Makes me think twice about this can I just bought. :shock:
I'll say what I told my brother this afternoon.It really sucks wiping your ass and seeing blood. It really sucks knowing it could have been caused by chew.It really sucks getting an air contrast barium enema. (cannot be emphasized enough... it is absolutely horrible.)you should quit. I hate to sound all preachy, but seriously it's scary shit im going through right now.ffishh
I chewed for umm... probably 7 years or so. Quit about 2 years ago. ffishh
Makes me think twice about this can I just bought. :shock:
I'll say what I told my brother this afternoon.It really sucks wiping your ass and seeing blood. It really sucks knowing it could have been caused by chew.It really sucks getting an air contrast barium enema. (cannot be emphasized enough... it is absolutely horrible.)you should quit. I hate to sound all preachy, but seriously it's scary censored im going through right now.ffishh
Oh God!!!!!!::Spits out dip, rinses mouth::

THIS thread is SOOO hilarious.I love how someone posts about how great it is to smoke marijuana and play poker at the same time and it starts a long thread about how great pot is, how people smoke their pot, how people play better when stoned....Then some por guy posts about tobacco and he is instantly bombarded by people telling him it is gross and that he should quit.Irony is fun.

how can nicotine cause a bloody butt hole? Isn't it more likely to be hemmroids or dry stool???
Doctor said he didnt think I had hemmoroids.wasnt a hard stool any time I uhh... moved.I dont know for sure that it is the tobacco... I do know that I wish I had the peace of mind to know for sure that it wasnt related to tobacco. thats all. I know a guy who has stomach cancer because of chew.I dunno... I just really wish I never chewed.. and I saw this thread right after I got home from the hospital.if anyone cares, I quit by buying the herbal stuff and chewing it instead for a few months.ffishh
In all seriousness...I understand where you are coming from. Can of Cope a day for 11 years, and on and off smoking.I quit dip cold turkey about 10 months ago....best decision Ive ever made. Its tough...and I miss it, but its censored BAD for you and hopefully you realize it before its too late.I actually decided to take up Cigars as a hobby...still allows me to have tobacco every once in a while, and I don't feel like such a feigning degenerate.When you are addicted, you find excuses to dip, and you associate times, situations, etc with the need to dip. It got so bad that pretty much any time except for eating was fair game (and even sometimes while I was eating)...One thing I did learn about quitting that surprised me...it wasn't the habit at all that had me...it was purely nicotine. I never woulda believed it...but purely chemical.Do yourself a favor....stop now.
Jesus Christ man a can a day....you're lucky you have a lip and jaw left