shorthanded limit

I know many of the posters on this site love limit and i agree. (i love the limit)So here is my question do any fcp play shorthanded limit more often than long handed. I have been playing 5 10 sh limit all this month and yea the swings are worse but i have done ok. Yes i know i have not played enough hands to make a name for my self in sh limit. o was just wondering what others thoughts are about sh limit

I know many of the posters on this site love limit and i agree. (i love the limit)So here is my question do any fcp play shorthanded limit more often than long handed. I have been playing 5 10 sh limit all this month and yea the swings are worse but i have done ok. Yes i know i have not played enough hands to make a name for my self in sh limit. o was just wondering what others thoughts are about sh limit
im playing 5-10 SH all month too.

That's all I play, 1/2 and 2/4 shorthanded. I'll usually play a full table, at a lower limit where I don't have to think much at the same time as well.SH variance is a bitch sometimes....When I first started playing about a year ago, I played ultra agressive, raising any ace, from any position...three betting ace high, just ridiculous stuff.....but it was working, but then I really ran into a wall/. Of course right?What I've come to learn over time now, is that every day, and every table is different. I don't recommend multi tabling SH, and if you do, I would only do two. Paying attention to your opponents is the biggest +EV thing you can do. Starting hands all change depending on your opponents play. Obviously small PP's and suited connectors aren't as profitable, or powerful shorthanded.Then there are the blinds. being aware of what kind of hands your opponents will try a steal with is important. Three betting from the blinds is common.Also, table image is huge. Being aware of that and how your opponents are trying to take advantage of that is big.Read the 2+2 threads on SH play.You asked for thoughts, those are my thoughts.For the flamers: F u c k you in advance. Cheers

That's all I play, 1/2 and 2/4 shorthanded. I'll usually play a full table, at a lower limit where I don't have to think much at the same time as well.SH variance is a censored sometimes....When I first started playing about a year ago, I played ultra agressive, raising any ace, from any position...three betting ace high, just ridiculous stuff.....but it was working, but then I really ran into a wall/. Of course right?What I've come to learn over time now, is that every day, and every table is different. I don't recommend multi tabling SH, and if you do, I would only do two. Paying attention to your opponents is the biggest +EV thing you can do. Starting hands all change depending on your opponents play. Obviously small PP's and suited connectors aren't as profitable, or powerful shorthanded.Then there are the blinds. being aware of what kind of hands your opponents will try a steal with is important. Three betting from the blinds is common.Also, table image is huge. Being aware of that and how your opponents are trying to take advantage of that is big.Read the 2+2 threads on SH play.You asked for thoughts, those are my thoughts.For the flamers: F u c k you in advance. Cheers
No reason to flame that, it was a very good and informative post.
That's all I play, 1/2 and 2/4 shorthanded. I'll usually play a full table, at a lower limit where I don't have to think much at the same time as well.SH variance is a censored sometimes....When I first started playing about a year ago, I played ultra agressive, raising any ace, from any position...three betting ace high, just ridiculous stuff.....but it was working, but then I really ran into a wall/. Of course right?What I've come to learn over time now, is that every day, and every table is different. I don't recommend multi tabling SH, and if you do, I would only do two. Paying attention to your opponents is the biggest +EV thing you can do. Starting hands all change depending on your opponents play. Obviously small PP's and suited connectors aren't as profitable, or powerful shorthanded.Then there are the blinds. being aware of what kind of hands your opponents will try a steal with is important. Three betting from the blinds is common.Also, table image is huge. Being aware of that and how your opponents are trying to take advantage of that is big.Read the 2+2 threads on SH play.You asked for thoughts, those are my thoughts.For the flamers: F u c k you in advance. Cheers
Anyone have the link to this 2+2 thread? my searching sucks on that site....

sure, but say you are having moderate success, or you are a little bit above average, how do you know where to improve, or why you are having success? It thinks its more than just a black and white thing due to the nature of short handed play, and adjusting to players constantly.Maybe you are having success because of long term variance.Also, over the course of your 20, or 40 thousand hands it's quite possible that your play has changed, especially if it's the first time you've played short handed, right?

sure, but say you are having moderate success, or you are a little bit above average, how do you know where to improve, or why you are having success? It thinks its more than just a black and white thing due to the nature of short handed play, and adjusting to players constantly.Maybe you are having success because of long term variance.Also, over the course of your 20, or 40 thousand hands it's quite possible that your play has changed, especially if it's the first time you've played short handed, right?
occams razor. if you are winning, you are good. if you are losing, you are bad. If you want to see where, buy pokertacker.

Does pokertracker tell you what kinds of hands specific opponents may be raising with, and it what position? Does it tell you which hands you may want to defend your blinds with?And if it does, it's all after the fact, and most likely your not playing these people everyday.

Does pokertracker tell you what kinds of hands specific opponents may be raising with, and it what position?yes.Does it tell you which hands you may want to defend your blinds with?can be inferred from information PT provides. And if it does, it's all after the fact, and most likely your not playing these people everydaymaybe not at your limits...

"And if it does, it's all after the fact, and most likely your not playing these people everyday  maybe not at your limits...""Exactly.
theres not much trickery needed at levels below 3-6, so indepth player to player analysis is somewhat limited in usefulness. good understanding of textbook play will beat the game just fine. And at this level and up, there is a core group of players.
IM not flaming, but is English your first language? If not then forget the following, but if it is: "Long-handed?" Make a name for yourself at 5-10? If English is your first language and the above statements are an accurate of your intellect I think you should step down to .5/1 and stick to ring games.