Aa Twice Limped Utg, Two Diff Results

alright i was playing 50NL 6 Max, and had 2 interesting hands, both times with AA. both times, i limped UTG, and then got someone to reraise preflop. heres the first hand.Full Tilt Poker Game #1069970404: Table Lindell (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:10:56 ET - 2006/10/05Seat 1: OG ($65.20)Seat 2: Putzeudel ($62.95)Seat 3: Sly_Fox63 ($50)Seat 4: Roberts2003 ($63.80)Seat 5: jg128 ($50)Seat 6: golcapmike ($32.05)Putzeudel posts the small blind of $0.25Sly_Fox63 posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Roberts2003 [Ah Ac]Roberts2003 calls $0.50jg128 foldsgolcapmike foldsOG foldsPutzeudel raises to $3Sly_Fox63 foldsRoberts2003 raises to $8Putzeudel calls $5*** FLOP *** [6h Ks As]Putzeudel checksRoberts2003 checks*** TURN *** [6h Ks As] [8d]Putzeudel checksRoberts2003 bets $7Putzeudel calls $7*** RIVER *** [6h Ks As 8d] [Jc]Putzeudel checksRoberts2003 has 15 seconds left to actRoberts2003 bets $15Putzeudel: this so smells like AAPutzeudel has 15 seconds left to actPutzeudel: u have AA?Putzeudel calls $15*** SHOW DOWN ***Roberts2003 shows [Ah Ac] (three of a kind, Aces)Roberts2003: yeahPutzeudel mucksRoberts2003 wins the pot ($57.50) with three of a kind, AcesRoberts2003: good read*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $60.50 | Rake $3Board: [6h Ks As 8d Jc]Seat 1: OG (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: Putzeudel (small blind) mucked [Kd Kc] - three of a kind, KingsSeat 3: Sly_Fox63 (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 4: Roberts2003 showed [Ah Ac] and won ($57.50) with three of a kind, AcesSeat 5: jg128 didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: golcapmike didn't bet (folded)this hand makes me sick to my stomach.....is the limp reraise really that obvious? he had pocket Kings, and flopped a king, and check called!! i couldnt believe it when i saw his hand...eventually i just came to the conclusion that this player was an exceptional player and that pretty much everyone else would lose there, I no for sure i would.heres the 2nd hand, and it confirms what i thought earlier about how the quality of your opponents play really is the variable on how well your fancy plays work out.Full Tilt Poker Game #1070037958: Table Lindell (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:36:00 ET - 2006/10/05Seat 1: Filly033 ($27.05)Seat 2: Putzeudel ($64.65)Seat 3: Sly_Fox63 ($50.75)Seat 4: Roberts2003 ($100.25)Seat 5: jg128 ($72.15)Seat 6: golcapmike ($25.60)Putzeudel posts the small blind of $0.25Sly_Fox63 posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Roberts2003 [As Ad]Roberts2003 calls $0.50jg128 foldsgolcapmike calls $0.50Filly033 foldsPutzeudel calls $0.25Sly_Fox63 raises to $2.50Roberts2003 raises to $7golcapmike foldsPutzeudel foldsSly_Fox63 calls $4.50*** FLOP *** [Qs 4c 7s]Sly_Fox63 bets $10Roberts2003 raises to $25Sly_Fox63 calls $15*** TURN *** [Qs 4c 7s] [6d]Sly_Fox63 bets $18.75, and is all inRoberts2003 calls $18.75Sly_Fox63 shows [Td Ts]Roberts2003 shows [As Ad]*** RIVER *** [Qs 4c 7s 6d] [6c]Sly_Fox63 shows two pair, Tens and SixesRoberts2003 shows two pair, Aces and SixesRoberts2003 wins the pot ($99.50) with two pair, Aces and SixesSly_Fox63 is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $102.50 | Rake $3Board: [Qs 4c 7s 6d 6c]Seat 1: Filly033 (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: Putzeudel (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 3: Sly_Fox63 (big blind) showed [Td Ts] and lost with two pair, Tens and SixesSeat 4: Roberts2003 showed [As Ad] and won ($99.50) with two pair, Aces and SixesSeat 5: jg128 didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: golcapmike folded before the FlopPutzeudel: wtf we even talked about itRoberts2003: hahaRoberts2003: thats probably why it workedi dunno, if someone wants to tell me to bet the 1st hand on the flop, then go ahead, i just want to see what people think of this.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the limp-raiseI hate the flop check on this dangerous board.I hate the turn call on this dangerous board.I hate the delayed river bet.Conclusion: I am not a big fan of this hand.Slowplaying to this extreme makes your monsters very obvious, and it allows you to get ourdrawn, thus costing you huge pots.--CM

I think you played the first hand like a typicall fish, no offense but this makes me laugh. You have miracaly managed to get KK get away from his set by playing so obvious.If you would have bet anywhere in the hand he would have called.Think about it, you raise preflop, he reraise with KK and you push all-in, he calls and you win a buy-in.Or you raise pre flop, call his reraise, then check raise flop all-in, you win a buy in.But no you are a great fancy player who 'disguises' his aces and blah blah blahits just disgusting how you playd that one.

That guy isnt brilliant.It can be worthwhile to pull that **** when you miss because of how much it looks like aces or kings (and since he had kings, that narrows down the possibilities).But for you to miss, you'd have to be limpraising with some weird ****.

That guy isnt brilliant.It can be worthwhile to pull that **** when you miss because of how much it looks like aces or kings (and since he had kings, that narrows down the possibilities).But for you to miss, you'd have to be limpraising with some weird ****.
Honestly, I dont no how good you guys are who replied or what stakes you play, but I have always felt the limp reraise is a good play, and it usually almost always works. You see people on HSP doing it all the time. Also what i forgot to add was that almost every hand was being raised preflop anyway, so i thought someone would raise.At 50 NL, i feel like most players are not that good to even realize what is going on, this player was an exception. An example is the 2nd hand i posted, that guy had 10 10 and put all his $ in. Whoever said they dont like my call here, maybe you didnt no that this guy was doing this stuff all game, like there was no way im folding there.

its generally a bad sign if someone with a set of kings correctly assumes you have a set of aces at a 50 NL game Thats why limp/raising is a bad idea, it tells the table you have a monster. You dont limp, you win his stack expecially on that board

its generally a bad sign if someone with a set of kings correctly assumes you have a set of aces at a 50 NL game Thats why limp/raising is a bad idea, it tells the table you have a monster. You dont limp, you win his stack expecially on that board
if its such a bad play, then how i managed to win someones entire stack when he had 10 10?
if its such a bad play, then how i managed to win someones entire stack when he had 10 10?
because he was a bad enough player that he would have paid you off with TT no matter how you played the hand.the 1 hand where you dont stack someone off with top set vs 2nd top set on a board where he had the 3rd nuts and the 2nd nuts before the river which made a gutshot having hit possible should make you quit limp reraising with AA forever in cash games.
because he was a bad enough player that he would have paid you off with TT no matter how you played the hand.the 1 hand where you dont stack someone off with top set vs 2nd top set on a board where he had the 3rd nuts and the 2nd nuts before the river which made a gutshot having hit possible should make you quit limp reraising with AA forever in cash games.
alright, im not writting this to make fun of any of you, you all are obviously good players. What I am saying is that the 2nd hand where i got someone all in when they had 10 10 and the board is x x Q x shows that not only most players at 50NL are not that good, but that it is at least a decent play. I posted that first hand knowing that i was going to get flack for not getting full value, the point is that even when i didnt, i feel like 99% of people at 50NL dont have as much insight as this guy did, and would have committed their stack with much worse.Oh and by the way to whoever said the guy with 10 10 stacks off no matter what, thats simply not true....i would have raised preflop, like 4 people call including him, then he folds on the flop when i make a pot bet. part of the reason he stacked off was because he had seen my do that same play earlier and didnt believe i would do it twice.
you busted a donkgood for youhad you of just open-raised you would done the sameedit; oh yeah, and if its such a good play, how did you have manage to NOT win someones hold stack when you had AA v KK and the flop was AKx? You open-raise you take his whole stack
you busted a donkgood for youhad you of just open-raised you would done the sameedit; oh yeah, and if its such a good play, how did you have manage to NOT win someones hold stack when you had AA v KK and the flop was AKx? You open-raise you take his whole stack
Look, i am admitting that i feel sick about that result of that hand...im just saying that the limp raise is still a good play, and the only way the open raise works that way is the guy happens to have KK. I love when people say stuff like that....you already know the freaking results!! so many times everyone just folds and you win the blinds. At my table, almost EVERY hand got raised preflop, why not do the limp raise play??
Look, i am admitting that i feel sick about that result of that hand...im just saying that the limp raise is still a good play, and the only way the open raise works that way is the guy happens to have KK. I love when people say stuff like that....you already know the freaking results !! so many times everyone just folds and you win the blinds. At my table, almost EVERY hand got raised preflop, why not do the limp raise play??
because you posted them!you dont want what you believe to be results-biased thoughts then dont pot the results. The limp/raise is stupid because it screams a big hand. Even players at 50 NL pick up on it. And because your gonna make a point about the TT dude, SO WHAT. he is a donk, there are donks at every level. Sure, more are at 50 NL but they will still pick up on the limp/raise , because they are donks and they think it is a fantastic play as well.
because you posted them!you dont want what you believe to be results-biased thoughts then dont pot the results. The limp/raise is stupid because it screams a big hand. Even players at 50 NL pick up on it. And because your gonna make a point about the TT dude, SO WHAT. he is a donk, there are donks at every level. Sure, more are at 50 NL but they will still pick up on the limp/raise , because they are donks and they think it is a fantastic play as well.
HAH, i just read your blog....and you strike me as the typical poker player who thinks he is an awesome player because he runs great and pulls off that occasional bluff. Just to tell you, having J10, seeing a flop of AKx, and then hitting that Q on the turn when it also gives someone else a set isnt being a good poker player....thats called running spectacular. all your hands that you post are basicaly coin flips that you win then justify. i can tell you have never hit a cold streak before, and if you did, you are the kind of player who would massively tilt.Oh yeah, and ummmm, i also found this in your blog"Picked up KK and limped(that only time Ill lip with big pairs is if some idiot is making huge raises every hand)"yea...maybe thats exactly what i did??

Full Tilt Poker Game #1072688752: Table Rainbow (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 12:33:40 ET - 2006/10/06Seat 2: benos ($158.10)Seat 3: Rhamulus5 ($27.25)Seat 4: heaveho ($48.50)Seat 5: lill_Kitty ($44.40)Seat 6: Roberts2003 ($53.65)heaveho posts the small blind of $0.25lill_Kitty posts the big blind of $0.50The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Roberts2003 [As Ah]Roberts2003 raises to $1.50Super Dave6 sits downbenos foldsRhamulus5 foldsSuper Dave6 adds $18.55heaveho has 15 seconds left to actheaveho foldslill_Kitty foldsUncalled bet of $1 returned to Roberts2003Roberts2003 shows [As Ah] (a pair of Aces)Roberts2003 wins the pot ($1.25)*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $1.25 | Rake $0Seat 2: benos didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: Rhamulus5 (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: heaveho (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: lill_Kitty (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: Roberts2003 collected ($1.25)Hey...what a sweet play. So instead of trying to win a big pot by limp raising, i can win 75 cents and the blinds!!!! sounds like a great choice!!!!

Hey...what a sweet play. So instead of trying to win a big pot by limp raising, i can win 75 cents and the blinds!!!! sounds like a great choice!!!! win a big pot?the only way youre winning a big pot by limp/raising is if someone actually has a hand! If they had that strong of a hand, they would of called. And lets just say you limp and they do raise, and you re-raise. WOW!!!!!OMG!!!! Youve won over 2 dollars!!!!!!!This is a common thing with fish is that they raise on one hand, ONE hand...i repeat, ONE HAND!!!!!! And get no action and think its a horrible playAnd if you dont wanna win $.75, why didnt you wanna win $30??? Had you have raised the first hand and not lmip/raised, you are gonna get it allin especially on that flop and take $63 from the guy, not $30

Hey...what a sweet play. So instead of trying to win a big pot by limp raising, i can win 75 cents and the blinds!!!! sounds like a great choice!!!! win a big pot?the only way youre winning a big pot by limp/raising is if someone actually has a hand! If they had that strong of a hand, they would of called. And lets just say you limp and they do raise, and you re-raise. WOW!!!!!OMG!!!! Youve won over 2 dollars!!!!!!!This is a common thing with fish is that they raise on one hand, ONE hand...i repeat, ONE HAND!!!!!! And get no action and think its a horrible playAnd if you dont wanna win $.75, why didnt you wanna win $30??? Had you have raised the first hand and not lmip/raised, you are gonna get it allin especially on that flop and take $63 from the guy, not $30
eddie why dont you go brag about winning coin flips in your blog
eddie why dont you go brag about winning coin flips in your blog
if that is all you can come up win I think its obvious youve been pwnedhave a nice day
Please convert your hands.http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converterThank you.
Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with :D:P Hero calls, 3 folds, SB raises to $3, BB folds, Hero raises to $8.5, SB calls.Flop: :) :) :P ($17.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: :D ($17.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $7, SB calls.River: :club: ($31.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $15, SB calls.Results:Final pot: $61.5Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with :club: :club: Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB raises to $2.5, Hero raises to $7.5, 2 folds, BB calls.Flop: :D:):club: ($16, 2 players)BB bets $10, Hero raises to $25, BB calls.Turn: :club: ($66, 2 players)BB is all-in $18.75, Hero calls.River: :club: ($103.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $103.5)Results:Final pot: $103.5
Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with :D:P Hero calls, 3 folds, SB raises to $3, BB folds, Hero raises to $8.5, SB calls.Flop: :) :) :P ($17.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: :D ($17.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $7, SB calls.River: :club: ($31.5, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $15, SB calls.Results:Final pot: $61.5Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with :club: :club: Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB raises to $2.5, Hero raises to $7.5, 2 folds, BB calls.Flop: :D:):club: ($16, 2 players)BB bets $10, Hero raises to $25, BB calls.Turn: :club: ($66, 2 players)BB is all-in $18.75, Hero calls.River: :club: ($103.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $103.5)Results:Final pot: $103.5
Use FTR format.
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=1419434so you convert for others but not "newbs." you sir are a real jerk when it comes down to it
You sir, are an idiot. I do more for this strategy forum than a 99% of the members of this forum. I'm simply pointing out a forum RULE. Anyways, you are a complete tool.
Use FTR format.You sir, are an idiot. I do more for this strategy forum than a 99% of the members of this forum. I'm simply pointing out a forum RULE. Anyways, you are a complete tool.
lol i guess you didnt see the sw in the postalso you didnt add anything here that i can see that was helpful, so your claim of doing things for strategy is rather eronious
lol i guess you didnt see the sw in the postalso you didnt add anything here that i can see that was helpful, so your claim of doing things for strategy is rather eronious
An SW in your signature is not the equivalent of an SW in your post.I don't give strategy replies to posts that do not follow the strat forum rules.Since you converted them:Hand 1 - Raise preflop, instead of giving away your exact hand. Get it all in preflop. As played, bet the flop. Slowplaying is for donkeys since a good player would be c-betting with anything there, you should with the nuts too.Hand 2 - Raise preflop, instead of giving away your exact hand. As played, it's fine.