i am not doing well this morning .. advice plz

> Roust posted small blind ($0.25)> Sonkan posted big blind ($0.50)> Game # 292,940,971 starting.> Dealing Hole Cards (Jh-Jd)> MarionSauce raised for $1.50> kickxxx called for $1.50> VeeZed folded> TJ26 folded> notoriousbil folded> Supermaccan folded> dunnm folded> Pellerin folded> Roust folded> Sonkan folded> Dealing the Flop(3d2dKs)> MarionSauce bet for $1.50> kickxxx called for $1.50> Dealing the turn(Qd)> MarionSauce checked> kickxxx checked> Dealing the river(Ac)> MarionSauce checked> kickxxx bet for $3> MarionSauce folded> kickxxx mucked> kickxxx wins $9.45Reads: This guy is seriously pis*sing me off.. First I labeled him as a payphone, but then he comes over the top sometimes with raises, and I don't know if he actually has something? I've only seen him fold preflop twice so far in 30 hands. I think I am definitely beat in this situation.. But here: MarionSauce posted small blind ($0.25)> kickxxx posted big blind ($0.50)> Roust posted to play ($0.50)> Game # 292,923,438 starting.> Dealing Hole Cards (Kh-Qh)> TJ26 folded> notoriousbil folded> Supermaccan folded> dunnm folded> Pellerin folded> Roust checked> TheArcticFox folded> MarionSauce raised for $1> kickxxx called for $0.75> Roust folded> Dealing the Flop(9cKc5d)> MarionSauce bet for $1> kickxxx, you have 10 seconds to respond> kickxxx raised for $3> MarionSauce, you have 10 seconds to respond> MarionSauce folded> kickxxx muckedYeah I know these are simple hands.. I am just wondering if I made the right laydowns and how you guys play against dudes who play way too many hands?

First hand, you're definitely beat here something like 80-90 % of the time. Any A, K, or Q, beats you. You took one shot at the flop and then check-folded. Good lay downSecond hand, I'm probably calling the raise and seeing the next card. He could have a weaker K, two pair, or this could be a bluff.Hope that helps :D

Actually, on the second hand, I'm beginning to think that reraising is better, because at this point you have no idea where you stand.Make it 7 or 8 dollars total.

Good Mornin Sunshine....The first hand i'm checkin when the king hits and if he comes out weak 1.50 - 3.00 i re-raise.... yer most definately beat once the turn and/or river hit... And on the second hand i re-raise... definately don't lay it down.. KQ sooooted its good heads up and thats not the perfect flop buts its pretty damn good... if he flopped the set or has ak...

If the 2nd hand has AK, you make a little note that says "this guy is trying to be funny with AK, can't wait to bust him for all his money"

Thank you guys, I just wasn't sure, I seriously never saw him raise before this hand, just calling and calling like he was a pimp in need of some ho's
LOL

My first post marion, but thought I'd stop reading everything and get some input. Sometimes in NL games I mess around and see almost every flop trying to outplay people postflop and will raise with almost anything, I bet that is what he's doing here. I agree with the previous posts, drop the first hand, second hand you have got to come over the top with a decent sized raise to see where you are at. Beat up the guy that see's the flops and make him respect your initial bet, it will make his decision to raise that much harder knowing he will get a reraise with top pair solid kicker.

Good to see you in this forum Marionhope to help...1st hand - Im glad to see you started representing your hands PF. Nice raise PF.On the flop you have few options (none of which involve betting $1.50 in to a $3.75 pot. You are giving him 3.5 to 1 on his call, which is enough for him to call with two diamonds or a hand like AQ or AJ since your bet doesn't really represent a king.If you have a read on your villian, and he is prone to bet flops checked in to him, go for a C/R here, and raise him at least the size of the pot.If you don't have a read here, you need to bet out around $4, this gives him 2 to 1 odds, no reason to call with a flush draw heads up, and no reason to call with a hand like AQ, AJ, or whatever. Also if he just calls your bet on the flop there, you have every reason to think you are ahead unless a scary turn comes.Check/fold the turn, sucks when that happens I know.I still think you can move him off this hand on the flop though, just something to think about. If you ever have any reads or stats on any of your opponenets, post them with the HH, it can be helpful.2nd hand - Perfect steal opportunity. Make it $1.50 to go, with your only other villian in the blinds, a hand like KQ is a monster to have. If he calls your 3x raise, you are still probably ahead.I really like a C/R on this flop. Here's why...Your PF raise looks like a steal to him. If you show any weakness on the flop, he is going to see it as a clean steal attempt and come over the top of you. Your smallish bet on the flop is a leak here. You have to make it at least $3 if you choose to bet.However, if you check, most of the time he is going to try to pick up this pot with a bet, and then you come over the top of him, and put him to a real decision. Being aggressive is very crucial in hands like these.Your KQ is almost ALWAYS winning on this flop against someone who called from a blind.Hope this helps.

Following up what absolute said, I'm finding myself using the bet pot button more and more. Why? 1. Betting the size of the pot is a great way to represent strength when you don't have it2. Basically, your opponents will never have more then a 2-1 on their money, which means most draws don't have a good price :D

Betting the pot is a more common move in MTTs obviously, but it is always important in any NL ring game to make bets that give your opponents bad odds when there are live flushes and straights on the board.