hitting your low set , and then?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: woutoR is SB with 5:spade:, 5:heart:. UTG calls, 2 folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.I call a raise with 55 in the SBFlop: (9 SB) 2:club:, 5:diamond:, Q:spade: (4 players)woutoR bets, woutoR calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.I hit mine set, I bet get raised by the preflop raiser and the betting gets capped. I am wondering now what he has maiby a pocket pair QQ's ?Turn: (12.50 BB) 3:diamond: (4 players)woutoR bets, woutoR calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.I bet and get raisedRiver: (20.50 BB) 8:heart: (4 players)woutoR bets, woutoR calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.same storyFinal Pot: 28.50 BBWas this weak play and should I capped the turn/river also?Results will follow later :D

I'm really wondering what these other 2 guys have...the main guy AQ or QQ, maybe KQ pretty obviously. possibly an overpair? If he was a halfway smart player he might slow down after being 3-bet on the flop with AQ or KQ. Tell me one of the other guys had like QJ, or a pocket pair bigger than 5s but smaller than Qs.

First, it's not the low set.Second, don't call two cold in the SB with a pair of fives. Especially with only three other players.The CO could have a couple of things here, AQ, KQ, QQ, AA, KK.Anyway, he doesn't have A4!Cap the turn and river.

yes I called it a low set coz I call all sets from 66-22 to low set, in this flop it suppose to be called a medium set I know ;)And can you explain what too cold actually means, its been said allot but I dont really understand what is ment by it :oops: :oops:

For instanceIf you limped with 5-5 then it was raised and you called.That is just calling a raise.If someone raises before it is to you to act, therefore making it two bets to you before you have had a turn.Hence, two bets in the cold to you.Basically, your hand needs to be stronger to call two bets when you have not invested one because you are privy to certain information about the hand.

woutor, cold-calling is when you call a raise when you had not previously put a bet in.You bet, X raises, you call X's raise = just calling a raise.Y bets, X raises, you call X's 2-bet = cold-calling X's raise.It's obviously easier to call a raise when you put a bet in (since it's just one more bet) than it is to cold-call someone's raise. To do the latter, you typically need a stronger hand.edit: Absolute beat me to it.

Do you like the call with 55 two cold Smash?IF they play AA like this post-flop, it's great.It's really not that bad, acutally. It's better than cold calling with, say, KJ here.I think it's close enough not to really matter much.

again, referencing that imaginary "all"I imagine you see in your head thousands and thousands of cronies with every post you are currently frequenting just mashing the refresh button over and over to see what you have to say.I guess *you* got a good laugh. That counts though!

again, referencing that imaginary "all"I imagine you see in your head thousands and thousands of cronies with every post you are currently frequenting just mashing the refresh button over and over to see what you have to say.I guess *you* got a good laugh. That counts though!I mean you and I, actually.Odd that you'd imagine something else there. Kind of freudian really. Did you imagine I was talking about your father and the other children in the village who surround you laughing when you dream that you're naked running through the market?Wait, we're offering inane pointless psychobabble towards each other, right?I mean that's what the forum is about, right?Or is it just that you're that pathetically petty and defensive?Please clarify which.

Well, we all know Absolute wouldn't post anyhting that long without knowing the answer, so I guess it was indeed AK vs AK.
Where are they Smash?
Where did that come from? Are you reading something into what I posted that doesn't exist? Care to share it so we can all get a good laugh??
Hiding somewhere?http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=vanityyou make this too easy sometimes.

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, then nothing is.Oh are we on to cliche's now?It's better to remain silent and be thoght a foll than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.What's next, Haiku, or are you actually going to respond to anything I post that deomnstates how foolish you're being?I'm guessing Haiku.

Were you under the impression that you and I were the only ones who read or post on these threads?Do you see the area to the left of each post where there are some words...wait, let's not over complicate this for you, where there are some pretty pictures?When the pictures aren't the same as they are for you or me, that means other people are writing here, too.YEs, that's a good lad.I had assumed you'd understood that, but I guess I was giving you farr too much credit.I'll see if I can't get a puppet show together to explain how a forumn works for you .

although this little argument between smash and absolute is cracking me up, i'll respond to the actual post.i think calling two with a low pair is fine. implied odds.your flop play was excellent.and although it's tempting to slow down on the turn when you're getting raised and raised, i think you have to realize that a set over set hand is EXTREMELY rare, and when it is, you're going to pay off the bigger set anyways. so you should be capping that turn because much more often than not, you have the best hand right nowi was guessing an overplayed AA as well.aseem