how good/bad was this turn raise? (limit he)

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is Button with Q:club:, A:club:. UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.Flop: (15.50 SB) 9:club:, 2:diamond:, 4:diamond: (5 players)BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.Turn: (10.25 BB) 9:spade: (5 players)BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets, ...aseem

reads...tell me villain is a maniac
yeah, that's important. i wish i wrote down the numbers during the hand. i don't remember specifically what read i had on him, but of course it must have been something if i raised here with ace-high, no?aseem

ok, here are my thoughts.the bet on the turn just seemed very suspicious. i didn't believe he had the 9. if he didn't have it, i had 6 overcards to beat him (it's impossible for my overcard outs to not be good if he has no 9 but is beating me with a pair at the moment). i clearly had odds to draw to 6 outs getting 11-to-1, so why not raise?it really makes a lot of other hands fold, some that might even be best!! it also gives me great fold equity, and i set myself up for a free showdown on the river when i miss (i honestly thought there was a decent chance i had the best hand against the guy heads-up).i also planned on folding to a three-bet, since that would mean he clearly had the 9 and it would be chip spewing to pay 2 more bets to find out.well, the plan worked. three guys folded, he just called. the river bricked, he checked, i checked behind.unfortunately, i chopped it with A-Q offsuit. :club: (now i'm going to be results-based and start bluffing that river with ace-high, which is a horrendous move but it might force him off a tying hand in the future!!!!!!!!!!111one)aseem