Biggest Pot I've Ever Played

Live game Seneca. I made many mistakes in this hand and am still shook up about it because of how much money was in the pot. I was taking a shot at the game, so you can criticize the plays however you please.The game is kind of weird it's 2 and 5 blinds but the bring in is $10. So you can actually fold your BB. This benefits playing extremely tight because opening raised were routinely $60-80 everyone thinks I'm a rock, I've shown KK and AA and no other hands.I'm in LP with about $3200. I have 910HH3 limpers for $10 raise to $60 (only guy at table who has me covered), next guy smooth calls he has about $750 behind, I call, one behind me calls, blinds fold and all 3 limpers call. All the other have around $1000-1500.Pot is about $360.Flop Kh 10s 8h.checks to PF raiser he bets $305, next guy goes all in for $700ish. It's on me. I could stop the hand here and ask for analysis, you guys can tell me what to do. But I smooth call the $700. The player behind me smooth calls and has about $800 behind that. Initial better smooth calls.Pot is about $3100. One guy all in. Here are my reads of situation. I think PF raiser has either AK or AA and hoping for board to brick out he seems a little nervouse, but its a big pot and everyone is a little on edge. The all in guy I think may have those two hands as well. He may also have a set, but I'm putting less credence on it as when I called he said "I'm dead" under his breath. The caller behind me makes me very uneasy, I'm assuming he has a bigger flush draw than me now.Turn Kh 10s 8h 9c. Pf raiser checks to me. What do I do here? I have $2400ish stack, pot is $3100 with one all in, guy behind me has $800 and pf raiser has me covered.

Smooth calling that flop is criminal. All in or fold with my vote going for folding simply because you will be up against a bigger flush draw most of the time here in a multiway pot. Pushing may fold the bigger draws leaving you to race for the pot against a set or an overpair.

Smooth calling that flop is criminal. All in or fold with my vote going for folding simply because you will be up against a bigger flush draw most of the time here in a multiway pot. Pushing may fold the bigger draws leaving you to race for the pot against a set or an overpair.
i disagree. i like the call on the flop and then you can reevaluate on the turn..

I would've pushed the flop. :)I probably still push the turn, but I'm certainly not ecstatic about the turn card. QJ was priced in with all the calls. QhJh would be brutal here. A push probably would fold KT if it's out there and if you're called, well, you likely have 13 outs to win.

I would've pushed the flop. :)I probably still push the turn, but I'm certainly not ecstatic about the turn card. QJ was priced in with all the calls. QhJh would be brutal here. A push probably would fold KT if it's out there and if you're called, well, you likely have 13 outs to win.
This is the hand I'm actually most afraid of. I'm not too worried about QJo but QJ hearts just has me absolutely crushed. I actually acted rather quickly the rest of the hand, I should have thought a longggg time throughout the whole hand, but I think no decision took me more than 25 seconds.I think I may have played the hand as poorly as possible, it's weird too I think I have a decent edge in the game, but the stakes make me very nervous, which is really weird, I've played that game a few times now and I play the 2-5 $400 max regularly. Something about the $1000 max just puts such a weird rush into me, it's like a drug.Pushing the flop is sooooo sick to me. It's exactly how I don't play poker, I don't even think it's a bad play it's just too much gamble for me. I like to get in as a big fav which isn't entirely difficult in this game. If I shove over the top here even if I do isolate the all in I'm coinflipping for $2000ish. That's just so sick to me! And if I get called I'm either way behind or coinflipping against either a set or a higher flush draw.
This post is already monstrous, I would just be trying to keep it as small as possible at this point. Calls off $700 with second pair and a flush draw. Talk about a gambler. :club:
It is almost impossible to keep pots small in this game, I take stabs at shorter stacks and keep pressure on them for their chips. But against bigger stacks you are forced to play very big pots. Are you advocating checking the turn? Some things I don't like about checking the turn is that I'm only happy with a non heart 5432 or a 9 or 10. And if a heart comes I'm in an interesting spot, especially if guy that has me covered and first to act makes a play at the pot. Like if he shoves, I'm STILL even on the hand if I call him and the guy behind me calls and has the nuts. Me and the other big stack will have created a 3rd side pot with about 3k in it. I don't know how likely he is to represent the flush on the river, but he will attack weakness and his only bet on the river would be to set us all in. So if he feels we were both on straight draws, sets, two pairs or something, he will go all in.

I dont think you played it that bad, a few players with deep stacks makes a call on the flop more acceptable than pushing the flop, if you did'nt have the guy cold call you after your call then you would be in a good spot with position on the original raiser who probably has one pair. But the cold call is the most disturbing because he could have almost anything here, with a higher flush draw most likely and QJ hearts a scary hand to play against, also if he had a set or 2 pair many players will shove the flop with all the action in front + a draw heavy board, but its a good play to call the flop then most likely shove the blank turn or slow down to a scare card.So the player has position on you in a multiway huge pot and you have no clue what he has, very difficult spot especially after the turn card. You are almost always gonna have the original raiser beat on the turn, and you are behind to a set or K10 fromt the smooth caller. I think slowing down and giving a free card on the turn in this big a pot could be deadly, but it may save you a bundle if you are beat. Overall I think it comes down to what you think the smooth caller has, I think you should probably shove the turn card, it is a really tough hand to play but with this pot so big it would be a huge mistake to give a hand like AA or a higher flush draw a free card.

Heh. BBFIDTS.River: Kh 10s 8h 9c 2hAll in guy says AA. Guy who smooths behind me says flush. Shows 4h5h. Guy who has me covered says NUTS. Ah6h. What?!?! Oh well, knew the 2h was a bad card.This was cleverly disguised bad beat at least right? After I smoothed on the flop though I was a very big dog, then turned to a very big fav for the sidepot and a fav for the overall. Oh well, was a huge pot though.

I see 2 main problems with flat callling on a flop like that.1. You don't give hands that would outdraw you (ie, bigger flushes, QJ) a chance to fold2. You only give yourself one way to win and that's by showing down the best hand.#1 is pretty straight forward. If you push, people who would kill your outs (QJ kill your 9, bigger flush draws kill those outs) are given a chance to fold when faced with unfavorable pot odds. If you push and they call, even if your had doesn't improve to the winner, they have still made a mistake by calling, so technically you still win.#2 is the most important concept with a hand like this. You have a HUGE hand, so you should be playing a big pot. The thing is, your HUGE hand doesn't even beat JTo at this juncture, but there's good news. If you raise the flop big (or push, which is my preference), then JT will fold. QQ will fold. AA or AK (unless they're shortstacked or stupid) will fold here too, since this board is terrible for their hand. The thing is, if you get called by AA or AK or something like that, you're happy, becuase you have created a huge pot where you're a favorite to win it. Your flat call on the flop is bad because it puts you in a position to miss the draw or get pushed off of your hand if you don't improve on the turn. You should push the flop, hope to end it there, or draw out if you get called.I think if you pushed the flop, the player with A6h has to fold because he's not getting the right pot odds and he'd be making a big mistake.

Folding this flop is much much better then any of the other options. To many people left to act behind you and it would seem that the pfr leading out into this flop for 305 isnt going anywhere.
Umm, even seriosuly considering folding here is terrible. There is no way in hell that it's "much much better than any of the other options." If you're gonna play T9 suited in raised multiway pots, this is EXACTLY the flop that you're looking for - a huge draw. If I raised preflop, it was checked to me and I had AA or AK, I'm betting the pot here and dumping it if I'm raise (assuming that I have more than $1000 behind) because I've shown aggression preflop, asserted myself on the flop and I'm still getting resistence. I'm in bad shape and I'm folding. (This is my thinking if I'm a solid player and was the preflop raiser here.)Folding here is horrible. The correct move is to raise or move all in, putting the maximum pressure on the remaining opponents in the pot.
Folding this flop is much much better then any of the other options.
I'm still laughing at this.

skillz, this is a good hand for HSNL on 2+2.and i think you wil get a varied response...but i think you'll get agreement from majority in pushing the flop.i think pushing > folding > calling on the flop- Jordan

That was a interesting hand.I think you played it right, I think the guy who has 54h is a donk, there is no way he should of called to see the river. A6 hearts made a ballsy call for all in but than you got to consider pot odds / and how much your invested so it wasnt that bad of a call but you did have the best hand on the turn with drawing outs to hearts. Thats def just one of those hands that you got to think back on "what I could differently" honestly if it was me I would of played it the same way for the most part. thats a pretty sick pot tho.....pushing all in on the turn is good to eliminate drawing hands. So you pushed all in on the river for 2400 and the a6h called 2400? I dont really like that call at all. -Just my 2 cents

• 2 years later...

Fold the flop AINEC :club:

Folding this flop is much much better then any of the other options. To many people left to act behind you and it would seem that the pfr leading out into this flop for 305 isnt going anywhere.
Umm, even seriosuly considering folding here is terrible. There is no way in hell that it's "much much better than any of the other options." If you're gonna play T9 suited in raised multiway pots, this is EXACTLY the flop that you're looking for - a huge draw. If I raised preflop, it was checked to me and I had AA or AK, I'm betting the pot here and dumping it if I'm raise (assuming that I have more than $1000 behind) because I've shown aggression preflop, asserted myself on the flop and I'm still getting resistence. I'm in bad shape and I'm folding. (This is my thinking if I'm a solid player and was the preflop raiser here.)Folding here is horrible. The correct move is to raise or move all in, putting the maximum pressure on the remaining opponents in the pot.I'm still laughing at this.
HOF
HOF
I read the hand again and my first thought was "Wow, that sucks but I guess you should fold" and then I read my response that I made almost 3 years ago and I laughed at how bad I was at poker.
HOF
I know you mean, HOF due to the "burn" but its actually a HOF because its Acid_Knight circa 'early 07 talking total smack to pokerplayer24, a very skilled and very successful NL player.
I read the hand again and my first thought was "Wow, that sucks but I guess you should fold" and then I read my response that I made almost 3 years ago and I laughed at how bad I was at poker.
lol
I know you mean, HOF due to the "burn" but its actually a HOF because its Acid_Knight circa 'early 07 talking total smack to pokerplayer24, a very skilled and very successful NL player.lol
He knew why he was writing HOF. I bumped the thread on 4bb and someone mentioned that he is kingofcards or something similar on FTP who frequently plays the highest stakes now and was playing Antonius the other week or so. It's pretty funny.
He knew why he was writing HOF. I bumped the thread on 4bb and someone mentioned that he is kingofcards or something similar on FTP who frequently plays the highest stakes now and was playing Antonius the other week or so. It's pretty funny.
Are u serious? That's crazy! I never thought he would be playing that high. I remember chatting with him a few times over aim I believe and he told me his game of choice was along the lines of 20 tabling 1/2 nlwhich I puked in my mouth about at the time.

Yeah I mean, I don't pretend to know him or anything all my info is just 2nd hand from Tremomey but they apparently know each other in real life and Tre says he's a great dude and whatever.