Honestly the only hands that I have trouble w/ in a NL cash game ONLINE are A2o-A9o.For example I just played a hand on stars 5/10c, pretty moderate game, not too tight or loose.I was MP w/ A-5o called the blind and SB raises to .40. Folded around to me.Can i honestly call here??? Any ace in his range has me beat, plus im a dog to any pair and any marginal hand like K-Q or K-JMaybe it is an obvious fold, but it just really sucks to throw away that ace

Honestly the only hands that I have trouble w/ in a NL cash game ONLINE are A2o-A9o.For example I just played a hand on stars 5/10c, pretty moderate game, not too tight or loose.I was MP w/ A-5o called the blind and SB raises to .40. Folded around to me.Can i honestly call here??? Any ace in his range has me beat, plus im a dog to any pair and any marginal hand like K-Q or K-JMaybe it is an obvious fold, but it just really sucks to throw away that ace
u shouldnt be limping into pots, especially early to mid position with small offsuit Aces. how exactly are u a dog to King high when u have Ace high? if they have KQ suited u are 55-45 and if they have KQ off ur like 58-42and yes its an obvious fold even before u limped in. just because u get any ace doesnt mean u should play it.. i sometimes fold A10 and AJ UTG or early position in full ring tables, depending on how the table is playing...

yes, what nashtak said...playing weak to mid aces have really no value in cash games,, on the button or cutoff i dont mind raising them if you're a capable player after the flop, but otherwise, they are solid losers

playing weak to mid aces have really no value in cash games,, on the button or cutoff i dont mind raising them
I don't mind betting with almost any hand from the button; with the intention of stealing blinds of course.Agreed with the posts above, never play mid-aces from MP-UTG, and please don't limp in the pot. Any hand worth limping should be strong enough to bet as well.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with the above posters, with one small exception.If you're on a weak table and are confident that a raise from MP will buy you position and the blinds are known to defend and then c/f unless they hit big, these hands may be profitable here.Of course, ATC would be profitable in that situation, but Ax will give you the fallback of catching top pair and most likely being ahead.Otherwise, though, playing Ace-rag from MP is almost always a leak, so be happy to dump it and move on.

Maybe it is an obvious fold, but it just really sucks to throw away that ace
i just went over my 9 table session this morning and wanted to count how many times i folded Ax when it was folded to me or i was UTG... the latest position i stopped counting was CO.. if i ever get to CO or BTN i pretty much raise any ace.i folded 15 Ax hands with the largest being AJ off utg and several A10 suited and offsuit UTG and UTG+1. basically what i am getting at is u cant get married to an Ace. If u raise, (or even worse limp in) in EP or MP and someone calls in the CO or on the BTN u are OOP for the rest of the hand and u wouldnt even know how to proceed even if u hit ur Ace.
Honestly the only hands that I have trouble w/ in a NL cash game ONLINE are A2o-A9o.
I'm gonna hafta say this is way off. Like seriously if you think this it's gonna crush your development as a player.