PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (BB) ($24.65)UTG ($24.30)MP ($17.05)CO ($31.85)Button ($13.75)SB ($24.75)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :5c, K :spade:UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, 1 fold, Button bets $1.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4.75, 2 folds, Button calls $3Flop: ($10.10) J :4h, Q :club:, 9 :ts(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $5, Hero...line check? multi tabling so no reads here.

Because we have the best hand a lot against a tard, and when we don't we have 10 outs to hit.
How on earth do we have the best hand a lot here? Do you think the guy shows up with AT and AT only?
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (BB) ($24.65)UTG ($24.30)MP ($17.05)CO ($31.85)Button ($13.75)SB ($24.75)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :5c, K :spade:UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, 1 fold, Button bets $1.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4.75, 2 folds, Button calls $3Flop: ($10.10) J :4h, Q :club:, 9 :ts(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $5, Hero...line check? multi tabling so no reads here.
If you're running a HUD, you may have some useful info on villain's tendency to fold to a flop c-bet.Line wise, this flop hits a lot of villain's range, but also misses lower pocket pair (assuming he'd make a bad PF call with a PP) and AK. Depending on your/his image, this is either a check/fold or big c-bet.If you're going to c-bet this, villain's stack is only a PSB, so this may as well be your bet size.
bet $7 on flop
Why $7, leaving villain with only $3 lelft in his stack? You may as well bet the full $10, right? If villain is going to fold, he'll fold to either. If he is playing, he's going to get it all in here with a raise, so why not lead out strong?

Since the button has only 13.75 to start the hand, would a flat call be better preflop? and go for a c/r if we hit, given board texture?

Since the button has only 13.75 to start the hand, would a flat call be better preflop? and go for a c/r if we hit, given board texture?
i love your preflop bet size, sets up for a check raise him all in on good boards. We need to make sure flop is big enough for him to feel he has the right price to stack off here
i love your preflop bet size, sets up for a check raise him all in on good boards. We need to make sure flop is big enough for him to feel he has the right price to stack off here
I agree with Rrumsey here, bet sizing is nice and does set up to stack off on the flop. But, I don't think this is the flop to c/r all-in. Villain has committed 1/2 his stack on his bet, so he's not going away.That said, we're crushing precisely AT and chopping with AK. We have 4 true outs to a straight, and may be much farther behind against a lot of villain's remaining range.We're killed by the sets, obviously, and dominated by AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ. The best we can hope for is to out run a hand like QT, JT, T9. Our hand is really a bluff catcher with 4-7 outs.
How on earth do we have the best hand a lot here? Do you think the guy shows up with AT and AT only?
Baby This ^^^^ is the reason we have to bet the flop. You have to give bottom pair or a draw some chance to fold, since this is the worst flop possible for AK.Bet 7 because I don't like to pretend I recognize the opponents stack (since often I don't like in this thread), but it is a bet->call line
Baby This ^^^^ is the reason we have to bet the flop. You have to give bottom pair or a draw some chance to fold, since this is the worst flop possible for AK.Bet 7 because I don't like to pretend I recognize the opponents stack (since often I don't like in this thread), but it is a bet->call line
Agreed, the way it's played I think we just hung ourselves and to me this can't be anything but a fold unless I got exceptional good reads on villain.

Check shove is lolz with stack sizes. If stack sizes were bigger it'd be lulz cuz we're smacking his pf calling range in the face. This is a c/f against a real stack, this is probably a shove against a small stack and our 3bet size pf should be bigger, there are two limpers and a guy opening to 7bbs, we should be making it at least 26bbs oop, so $6.5-$7.