Raised On Turn And Filled Up On River

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 326828The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $2.00UTG: $2.15UTG+1: $2.25Hero (MP): $10.15CO: $4.25BTN: $2.40SB: $10.75Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with J :3h K :jh2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, 1 foldFlop: ($0.70) A :4h 7 :club: K :qh(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($0.70) J :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.30River: ($1.90) J :5c(2 players)SB bets $3.90on the turn i was thinking i should have reraised right as i hit the call button.. i seen the flush draw and thought he might have a pair+straight/flush draw.. but i mistakenly hit the call button too fast... then on the river i thought ok a gin card if he had Q 10, but with massive overbet is this just a call or is it safe to shove.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 326828The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $2.00UTG: $2.15UTG+1: $2.25Hero (MP): $10.15CO: $4.25BTN: $2.40SB: $10.75Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with J :3h K :jh2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, 1 foldFlop: ($0.70) A :4h 7 :club: K :qh(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($0.70) J :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.30River: ($1.90) J :5c(2 players)SB bets $3.90on the turn i was thinking i should have reraised right as i hit the call button.. i seen the flush draw and thought he might have a pair+straight/flush draw.. but i mistakenly hit the call button too fast... then on the river i thought ok a gin card if he had Q 10, but with massive overbet is this just a call or is it safe to shove.
I would be 3 betting this turn for value/information. Probably a PSB here. This overbet on the river is very suspect. I think the 3 bet on the turn, which you've self-analyzed, is paramount here. We would know a whole lot more regarding where we stand if we had 3 bet here and it may also have changed the dynamic of how the villain bets the river. As played I'm tossing up between calling and shoving this river. You have value shoving vs. QT, QJ, J7, any naked J...maybe even Ax vs. a nitty opponent at this lvl. I feel like AA/KK would have fired a more substantial bet at you on the turn raise, even if slowplaying preflop, as the board gets much scarier. I feel like AJ would have done the same too to protect this turn-minted two pair. Based on how this hand plays out, I'm shoving and feeling good about it.
"Safe?"What is this "safe" you speak of?
"Safe?"What is this "safe" you speak of?
profitable. that would be a better term i suppose..
This is always a profitable shove. Always.
so its always the right move to shove over the top here?
so its always the right move to shove over the top here?
Is it always the right move?I suppose you shove and get shown better boats from time to time. I suppose you can min-raise and instigate shoves from worse hands a lot and call and make $.I suppose you get folds sometimes. I suppose a min-raise might get more action from other hands. But it's my opinion that you're getting action from frustrated aces, underboats, straights, naked trip jacks, whatever else assorted junk way too many times to make calling an optimal play here IMHO, and with the villain's overbet, your stack is really just a little over a PSB anyway.

overbet pn the river! yah you a re getting his whole stack here if he has got you well oh well. Probably has naked J and thinks he is good here. Shove all day

I would be 3 betting this turn for value/information. Probably a PSB here. This overbet on the river is very suspect. I think the 3 bet on the turn, which you've self-analyzed, is paramount here. We would know a whole lot more regarding where we stand if we had 3 bet here and it may also have changed the dynamic of how the villain bets the river. As played I'm tossing up between calling and shoving this river. You have value shoving vs. QT, QJ, J7, any naked J...maybe even Ax vs. a nitty opponent at this lvl. I feel like AA/KK would have fired a more substantial bet at you on the turn raise, even if slowplaying preflop, as the board gets much scarier. I feel like AJ would have done the same too to protect this turn-minted two pair. Based on how this hand plays out, I'm shoving and feeling good about it.
I'm not sure I'd like to 3 bet the turn. 3 betting the turn just seems like a way to get us in trouble with such a draw heavy board. I like the call and re-evaluating the river because we can still get away from the hand cheaply and don't have to make a huge decision on 3rd if he 4bets. As for river I think its an easy shove.

Without any prior information on the SB, he either has a naked J or slowplayed AQ to the turn and you got him on turn or the river. He would've bet the turn if he had AA/KK, not checked.

• 3 weeks later...
Without any prior information on the SB, he either has a naked J or slowplayed AQ to the turn and you got him on turn or the river. He would've bet the turn if he had AA/KK, not checked.
He checked, then raised our bet. Why do we still leave out AA/KK? Though I don't think this is in his range unless he always open hands like this with just a call to our standard 3-bet. And, I'm pretty sure he has naked jacks or atleast the ace, trying to represent a jack. This hand will boost your BR.