Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exacally the top 6 forward I was hoping they would pick up this week. See there is talk that Eric Cole and Pitkanen are rumured to be going to Edmonton is a 3 way deal. Their division just keeps getting tougher and tougher and they wont win it next season without picking up a 30 goal winger and some grit for the 3rd and 4th lines. Maybe Corey Schneider isnt the juicy trade bait I was thinking he was.PS. Dave Nonis please dont give Scott Gomez 6 mill a year.
Not exacally the top 6 forward I was hoping they would pick up this week. See there is talk that Eric Cole and Pitkanen are rumured to be going to Edmonton is a 3 way deal. Their division just keeps getting tougher and tougher and they wont win it next season without picking up a 30 goal winger and some grit for the 3rd and 4th lines. Maybe Corey Schneider isnt the juicy trade bait I was thinking he was.PS. Dave Nonis please dont give Scott Gomez 6 mill a year.
Gomez isn't going anywhere for 6M/year.
Anson Carter is available.

Josh Plummer on hockeybuzz.com posed an intresting scenario(not a rumour just opinion he states) that the Canucks should sign Todd Bertuzzi. I think he burned his bridges his last year here but they have no room to get an impact free agent. If they could sign him to a 1 year deal in the 2.5 mill range(not out of the question with all the question marks) what would evryone here think about that move. Clearly it is a huge gamble chemistry wise but when you have no offence and no cap room you gotta be creative. If the Naslund/Morrison/Bertuzzi line could do just 70% of what they did in there prime they would be a above average offencive team with the Sedins blossoming. As it stands now with the Canucks and there confrece if one of the Sedins or god forbid Luongo goes down with an injury there on the outside looking in.

Josh Plummer on hockeybuzz.com posed an intresting scenario(not a rumour just opinion he states) that the Canucks should sign Todd Bertuzzi. I think he burned his bridges his last year here but they have no room to get an impact free agent. If they could sign him to a 1 year deal in the 2.5 mill range(not out of the question with all the question marks) what would evryone here think about that move. Clearly it is a huge gamble chemistry wise but when you have no offence and no cap room you gotta be creative. If the Naslund/Morrison/Bertuzzi line could do just 70% of what they did in there prime they would be a above average offencive team with the Sedins blossoming. As it stands now with the Canucks and there confrece if one of the Sedins or god forbid Luongo goes down with an injury there on the outside looking in.
Gee sign Carter and Bert! :club:
Wooohooo Brad Isbister!!!!!! Look out Northwest divisionDo I really have to say it?
I think it may just be an error on nhl.com.

Where is the offence. Issbister has 1 20 goal year in his career. I seriously dont like there chances in the division and confrence unless a big trade is in the works. I know there was no money for a top tier free agent but something big needs to be done. If all those 1 goal games start going the other way next year its lottery time. Maybe its status quo till next year when about 15 mill in cap room opens up.

Team 1040 is reporting a Bill Geurin rumour.I am glad the Canucks aren't breaking the bank this off season. Why commit a large part of your cap to a mediocre player. Signing one big name isn't going to solve the Canuck's scoring problems by itself. I would have liked the Canucks to take a chance on someone like Ouelett or Perrin, but they have a few people in the farm with giving a chance to. Isbister is a fringe player, but he adds some size and grit, which the Canucks could have used against the Ducks.

Ohlund and something to New Jersey for Elias is a rumour floating around.
Sure hope they dont make that deal. elias has 6 years remaining at a cap hit of 6 mill a year. I belive he only had 60 points or so so 6 mill is alot of money especially if you are paying him till he is 36. Now if they want to talk about Parise thats diffrent. New Jersy is rumoured to be intrested in Schneider.

Tle Elias rumour has been around all week. Who knows. Ohlund has a no trade clause though, and anyone who ordered canuck ppvs and saw the features on Ohlund knows his family loves Vancouver.