Top Pair Gets Raised On Turn

Villain is the best player at the table. By the end of the night I felt outclassed. He's very active and is capable of big bluffs, his range is very wide. This hand took place earlier so my read isn't really formed yet...other than he's good and aggressive.7 handed. Hero ($280) is sb w/ K9o. UTG folds, villain ($500) calls, fold, CO calls, button folds, hero completes, BB checks.Flop: 9d 4d 7c (Pot $12)Hero bets $12, BB folds, Villain calls, CO calls.Turn: 3h (Pot $48)Hero bets $30, Villain raises to $85, CO folds, Hero ??Also is it ok to check the turn here?

I think as you have no reads yet, asides from a good player, its ok to fold in this spot.He raised with someone else left behind him so regardless of his aggression thats an indication of a strong hand. His range is wide here but he can 5,6 for the nuts and protecting it, he can have 8d,6d and other draws that you can at most hope you are flipping. There are so many cards that come that you will have to fold to on the river and with pot and stack sizes you are playing for stacks so I don't like continuing here. Shoving is close to sucidal probably

After getting called on the flop and a scare card hitting the turn, I think I might prefer check calling in this spot.Assuming his turn bet isn't outrageous, you can call and re-evaluate your situation on the river.A good lag could easy raise you here with air, a worse 9, a smaller pair, or the stone cold nuts. Anyway, that's the line I'd take here based on your read on villain.

Villain is the best player at the table. By the end of the night I felt outclassed. He's very active and is capable of big bluffs, his range is very wide. This hand took place earlier so my read isn't really formed yet...other than he's good and aggressive.7 handed. Hero ($280) is sb w/ K9o. UTG folds, villain ($500) calls, fold, CO calls, button folds, hero completes, BB checks.Flop: 9d 4d 7c (Pot $12)Hero bets $12, BB folds, Villain calls, CO calls.Turn: 3h (Pot $48)Hero bets $30, Villain raises to $85, CO folds, Hero ??Also is it ok to check the turn here?
I think a fold is good. He should have no reason to try and bluff you in this situation if theres no metagame going on. Your hand can't really improve on many rivers against his range 44/77/33?/56, your hand can make two pair against possibly 97 but still, your drawing to 3 outs if he has that hand. My main reason for folding is that theres no reason he should be trying to make a play at you in a limped pot with you in the sb on this board. You've shown too much strength for that.

Thanks for the replies guys. I talked about it in depth with a friend who's playing I respect (was actually at my table playing). I like the fold, he came to the same conclusion...would've liked it more if I actually did it! :icon_doh:Let's just say it wasn't pretty./thread