Is the book done? Is it really coming out in June?

Is the book done? Is it really coming out in June?
To my knowledge the answer to both of your questions is YES, or finally or something like that.
  • 2 weeks later...

How do we get a signed copy? I ordered mine through PokerStars, there is no signed option available (as there is for other books). Other than rocking up and pestering him in person, what are the options?

Mine arrived a few days ago from Amazon, fwiw.

Charging someone 10$ extra just to sign a copy shows very poor taste -bob.
There's a market for signed copies of books. Daniel obviously can't sign every copy of the book that is printed so Cardshark who are one of the retailers of the book in this case have some signed copies that they are selling at a premium. Cardshark isn't Daniel.Daniel never refuses autographs and all anybody has to do if they want an autograph is e-mail him and he sends out a signed photo at his own expense.
  • 2 weeks later...

What does everyone think of the book?!? I've been thinking of amazoning it. A friend of mine called it the super system of small ball. That makes me curious, you know? Small ball seems like, the like opposite of the power poker that I play, but I love Daniel ( his reads are sick!) so I'll check it out, I think. Anyone read it?

I haven't gotten into the small ball section yet (Which is the last one.)But all the sections by everyone else were way too short and not nearly as in depth as I would have liked. Nothing new for me, but that could be way different depending on everyones experience.

What does everyone think of the book?!? I've been thinking of amazoning it. A friend of mine called it the super system of small ball. That makes me curious, you know? Small ball seems like, the like opposite of the power poker that I play, but I love Daniel ( his reads are sick!) so I'll check it out, I think. Anyone read it?
I read this book and found it very informative, I've read other books as well, like Phil Gordon's books, Harrington's etc and Daniel's small ball is definitely a different look at poker and I've applied concepts from it in both my live game and online. So, far it's been very successful for me, playing a lot of cards and raising small amounts does give your opponents the feel that you are a very loose aggressive player and I find my monsters have paid off handsomly. This is an extreme example, but I was playing a few SnGs on PokerStars using smallball and people were going all in against me after flopping bottom pair, because they never believed I had it. It's a low risk/high reward style and to this point, I've found it fits my game nicely.

My wife just brought home Daniel's new book for me and at 40 years old I feel like a kid at Christmas. Ironically Daniel talks about set over set on page 112, saying that you will run into this situation only once or twice a year.How sick to have it happen to Daniel at the WSOP. I was hoping we could discuss aspects of Daniel's book on this thread. To hash them out and cement them in our minds. Well, can't wait to read it a couple three times so I better get back to it. I got it because Daniel is a genius and I want to benefit from his wisdom, but he is such a great guy that I would have bought it just to support him even if he was a mediocre player. I don't hero worship much but Daniel is the man. Even the little I've read so far, skimming through it, has opened my eyes to things I should be doing and things I should be looking for. Little leaks in my game.Anybody else read it yet? And if so, what are your thoughts on it?(CE clued me in on this being the place to talk about Daniel's book.)Good luck all.John L. Myers IV

• 4 weeks later...

It's a good book couple of chapters.DN's & Williams' are v.good, Wasika's also rates well. The rest I think have been added so the book can double as a paperweight.What is interesting though, is that the high quality chapters are very, very focussed towards specific situations/games.It will be fun to watch people trying to play small ball online where even so called 'deep stack' tourneys can support it for only the first few levels. Likewise most of Williams stuff applys better to live play.Hopefully lots of players will buy it and try to start playing small ball at online cash 100BB buyin tables or SNGs. If it becomes a trend there will be some easy pickings out there.I think there is some very valuable info in there for most players, the caveat is that the reader be skilled enough to understand when it should be applicable - moreso than most poker books. This is no doubt why DN has released 2 books