Tough Situation In Live Tourney

ok i need some opinions on this hand thats been haunting me for the past week. I'm playing in a $120 multi table tourney (live) I'm sitting in the bb with 9800 chips which i might add is a little below average. blinds are 300/600 i get delt 6 8 diamonds. utg limps as does utg+1 and the sb calls. i decide to pop it to 1800 to weed out the weak limpers. utg calls as does the sb. the utg call didnt bother me due to the fact that he basically plays every hand. but the sm spooked me a little. flop is 5,6,5 rainbow. i bet out 3200 and utg shoves with a bigger stack. sb folds, this is where i go into the tank. i've invested 5k into the pot i have 4800 left. now i've been watching this guy play like a total maniac the whole tourney. shoving with 7 high with no draws, and open enders. i couldnt give him any respect for a hand. more so cause he limped then flat called my raise. i call off my remaining stack and he flips pocket jacks. i"m railed and he says thank you as i leave the table. now my question is this...could i have got away from this pot?

ok i need some opinions on this hand thats been haunting me for the past week. I'm playing in a $120 multi table tourney (live) I'm sitting in the bb with 9800 chips which i might add is a little below average. blinds are 300/600 i get delt 6 8 diamonds. utg limps as does utg+1 and the sb calls. i decide to pop it to 1800 to weed out the weak limpers. utg calls as does the sb. the utg call didnt bother me due to the fact that he basically plays every hand. but the sm spooked me a little. flop is 5,6,5 rainbow. i bet out 3200 and utg shoves with a bigger stack. sb folds, this is where i go into the tank. i've invested 5k into the pot i have 4800 left. now i've been watching this guy play like a total maniac the whole tourney. shoving with 7 high with no draws, and open enders. i couldnt give him any respect for a hand. more so cause he limped then flat called my raise. i call off my remaining stack and he flips pocket jacks. i"m railed and he says thank you as i leave the table. now my question is this...could i have got away from this pot?
So you raised to steal pf knowing utg never folds? I fold and throw my hand face up and tell him, "I can see into your soul sir. Not only do I know you are holding JJ, but I also know about what you do with your dog and that jar of peanut butter." If he doesnt get up and run crying then you did it wrong and should quit poker you noob. Thats how you intimidate an opponent.
So you raised to steal pf knowing utg never folds? I fold and throw my hand face up and tell him, "I can see into your soul sir. Not only do I know you are holding JJ, but I also know about what you do with your dog and that jar of peanut butter." If he doesnt get up and run crying then you did it wrong and should quit poker you noob. Thats how you intimidate an opponent.
lol yeah i should have did that. i think the frustrations of this guy may have blinded my reads on him during this hand. my thinking was if i raised, the weak players would fold and it would isolate the maniac. that way if the flop went my way i would get some redemption in the way of some of his chips. my emotions may have kept me from seeing the obvious over pair.

Check in the big blind. Why would you want to put more money in the pot with like 16 BB's against a player who doesn't fold?

i raised to get the others out. for the first few rounds all the hands i had to show face up were either pocket pairs or decent aces. i thought maybe my table image would get the weak limpers out so i could play a pot with the maniac. you couldn't put this guy on any monster hands. hell he called an all in, post flop with 9 10 clubs with a 7, j, 2 rainbow board. and ended up winning with a pair of tens. i was looking to protect my blind and if i hit a good board he would pay me off. i thought my play preflop was ok but my post flop play has been bothering me since it happened. to be honest i thought he had j' 10 or something like that and was trying to buy it.

i raised to get the others out. for the first few rounds all the hands i had to show face up were either pocket pairs or decent aces. i thought maybe my table image would get the weak limpers out so i could play a pot with the maniac. you couldn't put this guy on any monster hands. hell he called an all in, post flop with 9 10 clubs with a 7, j, 2 rainbow board. and ended up winning with a pair of tens. i was looking to protect my blind and if i hit a good board he would pay me off. i thought my play preflop was ok but my post flop play has been bothering me since it happened. to be honest i thought he had j' 10 or something like that and was trying to buy it.
You shouldn't be attempted to play pots with the maniac with 86s and a small stack. If you do that then you are playing worse then said maniac and giving him a big advantage over you. Don't make bad plays just to get involved with bad players. It just doesn't make sense.I agree with the 'check you option' consensus. No need to raise against a guy you know won't fold. As played with your read I think calling his shove is best. I'd be interested to see how this hand played out if you checked. You may have ended up getting stacked anyway, but that doesn't mean you played it right.