Joe Buck Live On Hbo

Watched Joe Buck Live on HBO tonight. He started off with a little monologue which was Ok, but not hilarious. He didn't try to do too much which was good. His first segment was with Bret Favre. It was Ok but Brett didn't really tell us anything new, and it was a much shorter interview than I was expecting. I was expecting an in depth interview like Costas used to do on his HBO shows. Next was Micheal Irving and Chad Johnson, this segment was good but it seemed rushed to me and even shorter than the first segment. Why the second segment was rushed I don't know because the 3rd segment was a complete train-wreck in which Arte Lange hijacked the segment with a bunch of raunchy, unfunny, juvenile, locker-room humor, including telling Joe to Blow him, saying he had "Jizz" on him, simulating Jacking off, and putting a cigerette in another guests coffee. Joe got off a couple of clever shots at Arte's expense but he seemed completely demoralized at the end as it was obvious even to him that things were out of control and he wouldn't be able to regain any semblance of order. I love Joe Buck, I find his dry sarcastic humor funny, but he has a lot of haters and they are going to have a field day after this debacle. I will watch his next show, I won't throw him under the bus after only one chance, but HBO might.

Watched Joe Buck Live on HBO tonight. He started off with a little monologue which was Ok, but not hilarious. He didn't try to do too much which was good. His first segment was with Bret Favre. It was Ok but Brett didn't really tell us anything new, and it was a much shorter interview than I was expecting. I was expecting an in depth interview like Costas used to do on his HBO shows. Next was Micheal Irving and Chad Johnson, this segment was good but it seemed rushed to me and even shorter than the first segment. Why the second segment was rushed I don't know because the 3rd segment was a complete train-wreck in which Arte Lange hijacked the segment with a bunch of raunchy, unfunny, juvenile, locker-room humor, including telling Joe to Blow him, saying he had "Jizz" on him, simulating Jacking off, and putting a cigerette in another guests coffee. Joe got off a couple of clever shots at Arte's expense but he seemed completely demoralized at the end as it was obvious even to him that things were out of control and he wouldn't be able to regain any semblance of order. I love Joe Buck, I find his dry sarcastic humor funny, but he has a lot of haters and they are going to have a field day after this debacle. I will watch his next show, I won't throw him under the bus after only one chance, but HBO might.
I am definitely a Joe Buck hater and would love to see him crash and burn. Then, he can go watch the Bachelor instead of baseball like he wants.

Is the language in my post too offensive for this forum. I was banned from another site for basically the same quotes I used here. If they are out of line, let me know and I will edit them out.

Joe Buck and the producers of the show had to know what they were getting into, I mean it's Arte freakin Lange, not Mother Teresa. I'm not saying I condone his languange or actions in any way, but what were they expecting?

Another 4 star performance by Mr. Artie Lange. I've only seen a few clips from the show, but I thought Artie rescued the show from banality. What I saw was funny, and to be expected from Artie, as Sportsmack commented. They had to know what they were getting. Did he expect to be able to tame Artie? Like when Bush invited Colbert to the press dinner? Worked out just about as well.

Another 4 star performance by Mr. Artie Lange. I've only seen a few clips from the show, but I thought Artie rescued the show from banality. What I saw was funny, and to be expected from Artie, as Sportsmack commented. They had to know what they were getting. Did he expect to be able to tame Artie? Like when Bush invited Colbert to the press dinner? Worked out just about as well.
I have heard people say Lange was batshit crazy and I have heard people say if it was not for Lange the whole show would have been one big pile of boredom. Both are probably true.Joe Buck, to his credit, took the high road and basically said guests will be guests and that they knew what Lange's schtick was.I still think it would be ok if Joe Buck fell down a well.
Then, he can go watch the Bachelor instead of baseball like he wants.
qft
Is the language in my post too offensive for this forum. I was banned from another site for basically the same quotes I used here. If they are out of line, let me know and I will edit them out.
I'm no mod, but foul language is pretty much always acceptable here, unless it is racist or mean toward another fcper or whatever. What kind of stupid forum banned you for saying jizz??
qftI'm no mod, but foul language is pretty much always acceptable here, unless it is racist or mean toward another fcper or whatever. What kind of stupid forum banned you for saying jizz??
stltoday.com banned me, but I emailed them and they said they would reinstate me tomorrow. I guess I am in the minority these days, but I just find very little about Lange funny. It is not that it is crude and vulgar either, I loved Richard Pryor and Redd Foxx (both as filthy as you can get). I just didn't find any of it(with the exception of a couple of quick jabs) funny. I actually found Joe's 2 or 3 quips funnier than Lange"s. I think maybe Joe was trying to give the show a little "edge" and it probably went farther than he wanted. Neither HBO nor Joe Buck have been trashing him, they admit that they shouldn't be surprised, and Arte even claims that the producer told him to go crazy if things started to get boring. Arte must have gotten bored about 30 seconds into the segment because that is when he started in and sucked all the air out of the room. I was looking forward to the show, but if it is going to be a couple of shallow interviews, and then try to be an edgier version of best damn sports show then I am going to pass.FWIW, if you want edgy why not have had on Fran Tarkington and Bret Favre at the same time. If you don't know, Tarkington stated that he hopes Favre plays and fails. Now that might have been an interesting discussion.

For the record, I found Lange's "bit" to be kind of stupid and over the top. Not great comedy.But I like him more than Joe Buck that asshat. He single handedly ruined the Tyree catch with the lamest call in super bowl history. He is all celebrity....he isnt actually good at announcing nor does he make incisive points. And it is a bit much to host Artie Lange on your show after having a seizure when Randy Moss fake mooned Green Bay.See, I'm ranting. I hate hate hate Joe Buck and I usually mute him and turn on the radio when he calls a game I want to watch.

Kornheiser and Wilbon talked about it on PTI, so it was definitely newsworthy. I have Directv, and during the commercials of PTI, they do little cut-ins of them during the break, and Kornheiser was whispering to Wilbon that the overtime section of the show, Artie went even more overboard with the humor. Overtime is something HBO does for the internet viewers, an extra segment or two online. I wish I would've gotten off of my tubby ass to watch it now.If you internet geniuses can find it, link it here.I don't hate Buck, but he is dry. On that Costas show, I gained a new respect for Joe when he did a callback joke from the previous segment he wasn't in, the infamous Buzz Bissinger rant on Will whatever from Deadspin, about wanting to be called by his internet handle, BallsDeep23. It was solid.btw, Artie's movie, the softball one, I liked it. He always made me laugh on Stern. Funniest part for me, but he's gone off the deep end a little, with the drugs and the self fulfilling prophecy of being Belushi/Farley. His real life stories are hilarious though. He told one story about a bookie threatening to kill him with an ash cross on his head during ash Wednesday. Classic

Kornheiser and Wilbon talked about it on PTI, so it was definitely newsworthy. I have Directv, and during the commercials of PTI, they do little cut-ins of them during the break, and Kornheiser was whispering to Wilbon that the overtime section of the show, Artie went even more overboard with the humor. Overtime is something HBO does for the internet viewers, an extra segment or two online. I wish I would've gotten off of my tubby ass to watch it now.If you internet geniuses can find it, link it here.I don't hate Buck, but he is dry. On that Costas show, I gained a new respect for Joe when he did a callback joke from the previous segment he wasn't in, the infamous Buzz Bissinger rant on Will whatever from Deadspin, about wanting to be called by his internet handle, BallsDeep23. It was solid.btw, Artie's movie, the softball one, I liked it. He always made me laugh on Stern. Funniest part for me, but he's gone off the deep end a little, with the drugs and the self fulfilling prophecy of being Belushi/Farley. His real life stories are hilarious though. He told one story about a bookie threatening to kill him with an ash cross on his head during ash Wednesday. Classic
Well, the OT segment only went a little over 7 minutes. I am quite sure more time was allowed, but things had disintigrated too far to salvage so we only got 7 minutes.(Maybe I am completely wrong and OT is just a few extra minutes to wrap things up).Couldnt' find the link on HBO, not available anymore sorry.Arte did plenty of homosexual humor, in fact, I have been wondering...........Has anyone ever seen Ron Mexico and Arte Lange in the same room?? :club:

Yesterday morning, the Stern Show gave this a lot of airtime. Artie explained repeatedly the producer gave him the green light to no holds barred injection if the show was wobbling. I guess I would need to know where this segment was in reference to the show (beginning, middle, end) to gauge if Artie was indeed 'saving the show'.If it was the beginning, his approach was in terrible form. Artie was in attack mode and not very funny at all. It was so obvious Joe's TMZ comment was smarmy and Artie really set his own hook. Even if this was the last segment, Artie didn't elevate the show as planned.I can generally listen to Artie and laugh several times a show on Stern but nothing was funny on this one. Artie just threw his very own 'bababooey pitch'. Hey, at least the show got overnight exposure. Good game, producers.Joe Buck is a fair story teller but an open-chair interviewer? I never saw that coming.

btw, Artie's movie, the softball one, I liked it. He always made me laugh on Stern. Funniest part for me, but he's gone off the deep end a little, with the drugs and the self fulfilling prophecy of being Belushi/Farley. His real life stories are hilarious though. He told one story about a bookie threatening to kill him with an ash cross on his head during ash Wednesday. Classic
His book had some great stories in it. The story about him dressed up in a pig outfit for Mad TV, driving like a bat out of hell to score some blow from a dealer over an hour from the set, then breaking the nose on the outfit so he could snort his score, then returning to the set 3 hours late with blow all over his mask. Classic.Reminds me of Sam Kennison.
His book had some great stories in it. The story about him dressed up in a pig outfit for Mad TV, driving like a bat out of hell to score some blow from a dealer over an hour from the set, then breaking the nose on the outfit so he could snort his score, then returning to the set 3 hours late with blow all over his mask. Classic.Reminds me of Sam Kennison.
the one about the bachelor party in the disgusting recreation hall where they had the old lady stripper and some guy had half his arm crammed inside her was hilariously disgusting.
Arte did plenty of homosexual humor, in fact, I have been wondering...........Has anyone ever seen Ron Mexico and Arte Lange in the same room?? :club:
nice