265187 replies to this topic

#262821 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

View PostGWCGWC, on 13 November 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

You could get one for $23 this Thursday if you're a lucky ducky.
https://imgur.com/a/M4Zsa
https://www.reddit.c...6_2017/dplb8n3/

It's a very nice watch.
Have you ever done that before? Looks interesting.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#262822 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,945 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

Iím on the playoff bubble of 3 of my 4 teams. My teams are so inconsistent. Each of them have scored anywhere from 75-190 in any given week.

#262823 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,945 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:24 PM

Not that I was even in a position to buy them right now,but both the houses I had looked at are off the market and that makes me upset. Being a poor sucks.

#262824 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,178 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:58 AM

View PostNapa Lite, on 13 November 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Not that I was even in a position to buy them right now,but both the houses I had looked at are off the market and that makes me upset. Being a poor sucks.

Cut your salary in half, keep everything else the same. Then youíd be poor.
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#262825 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,945 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

*more poor

#262826 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,697 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 13 November 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

Have you ever done that before? Looks interesting.

I've entered many raffles but have yet to win one.

I thought it was odd to see the exact watch in two completely different places on the internet so I figured I'd link you in for the off chance you'd want to buy a spot for $23 on a 1/100 shot.

You seem like the kind of guy who likes a neutral EV long odds gamble and wouldn't mind lighting $23 on fire. I'm sure you recognize this isn't your standard to-go fountain drink splurge kind of situation here.

#262827 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

9 Time Winner of the FCP 'Poster of the Year' Award

• Members
  • 25,389 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

View PostGWCGWC, on 14 November 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

You seem like the kind of guy who likes a neutral EV long odds gamble and wouldn't mind lighting $23 on fire. I'm sure you recognize this isn't your standard to-go fountain drink splurge kind of situation here.

somebody's been reading up on our guy strat.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#262828 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

View PostGWCGWC, on 14 November 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

I've entered many raffles but have yet to win one.

I thought it was odd to see the exact watch in two completely different places on the internet so I figured I'd link you in for the off chance you'd want to buy a spot for $23 on a 1/100 shot.

Donít get me wrong here. If the process was as simple as ďput match to bills,Ē I would have done it. I just donít know how the system works and didnít want to spend the time to figure it out. I will definitely buy that watch within 24mos, and I wonít feel the slightest bit bad about it. I ****ing love the knockoff I bought.

Some people drive $80k trucks, I drive a mid size sedan. Iím only spending a tiny fraction of that difference on this watch!

Donít doubt my ability to rationalize stupid shit.
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#262829 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:21 PM

I forget if I linked this. Itís ridiculous.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019RC6ZRS/

#262830 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,588 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

I was expecting this
https://www.jomashop...ch-skw6176.html

#262831 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,697 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 14 November 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

Don’t get me wrong here. If the process was as simple as “put match to bills,” I would have done it. I just don’t know how the system works and didn’t want to spend the time to figure it out. I will definitely buy that watch within 24mos, and I won’t feel the slightest bit bad about it. I ****ing love the knockoff I bought.

Some people drive $80k trucks, I drive a mid size sedan. I’m only spending a tiny fraction of that difference on this watch!

Don’t doubt my ability to rationalize stupid shit.

-Go to the subreddit at least one minute before the raffle is scheduled to go live.
-save this to your clipboard, “one random spot” or however many spots you plan on taking
-refresh until you see the new thread
-post the copied phrase in the reply box
-wait for 2 PM’s; first will show you your assigned number, the second will give you the PayPal address to send funds
-send PayPal friends and family only
-reply to the second PM with the info it asks for
-sweat your spot

The most coveted watches will fill in under a minute. The Rolex Milgauss from this morning filled almost instantly.

I’m all for spending money on a luxury watch. I have a segregated savings account I’m slowly funding with the intention of buying a Speedmaster pro but I could swing back to wanting a seamaster planet ocean before I get the money saved.

#262832 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

• Members
  • 25,389 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

if i posted either of those watches ronny would lose his shit. i like strat's, but napa, despite my love for you, i'm not a fan of that watch. not a fan of a skagen in general i guess.

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#262833 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,945 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:41 AM

Hey, no skin off my back, I donít care for it much, either. Thatís just the watch I thought of when Strat said he had a knockoff.

#262834 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,986 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:24 AM

Iím glad to hear that. I knew you had style.

#262835 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,178 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 14 November 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

if i posted either of those watches ronny would lose his shit. i like strat's, but napa, despite my love for you, i'm not a fan of that watch. not a fan of a skagen in general i guess.

Lose my shit is a tad strong. Iíd just make fun of you for having three thousand dollars in $150 watches. Those were decent looking watches

#262836 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,986 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:38 AM

Proof that itís not the watch itís the man who wears it.

#262837 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 33,178 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

View PostEssay21, on 15 November 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

Proof that itís not the watch itís the man who wears it.

Some of yours are ugly. My only thought on it, for me, is iíd rather have a nice watch that is timeless, instead of a bunch of cheap ones, like womenís costume jewelry, to be switched out based on your outfit

#262838 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,480 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

I am probably going to wait for the $150 watch to stop, and then buy the real deal. Assuming I donít win this raffle. I really donít need more than one watch, and donít want to buy a winder.

#262839 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,945 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

I find having a watch with the date is super helpful in my day to day life.

#262840 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

• Members
  • 25,389 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:54 PM

i find i often look at my watch, but almost never to ascertain the time or date. its mostly an attempt to look cool at the store while in line near a hottie with a body.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users