The Official Phillies Thread

They sure do have a nice stadium. I also like some guys like Rowand, Utley, Howard, and Rollins. I was going to say Abreu but oops not anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

during the phillies win tonight i went through the 5 stages of griefdenial-" no no they aren't blowing another game!"anger-"god damnit GORDON DONT WALK IN A RUN"bargaining-"ok maybe the dodgers will lose too"depression-" its all over, god why why why!"acceptance-" oh well its not like I thought theyd make the playoffs." :club:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The Phils--.500--Keep chugging along...
--.500--The PhilsThis team sucks. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 5 months later...

Of the 10 players eligible for free agency on this team, Iguchi is the only one who still hasn't yet filed even though I thought it was made clear that he wasn't interested in becoming a thirdbaseman and he wanted to find a team where he could play 2nd everyday. No extra thoughts, just find this kind of weird.

Terrible signing. He had a 42/40 K/BB last year. Tons of loogys that would provide almost the same production at the league minimum could have been picked up instead. They could have put that money to much better uses.

I wouldn't get too excited. His performance in the NL has to be a fluke. I would expect a rebound to his 1.45 WHIP and 4.0 ERA ways. Not to say that there isn't value in that, just not likely 3 year 12 Million value.
You may be right, but he still could very well be better than the kind of bullpen pitchers we're used to here in Philly even if his performance drops off some.
Terrible signing. He had a 42/40 K/BB last year. Tons of loogys that would provide almost the same production at the league minimum could have been picked up instead. They could have put that money to much better uses.
His K/BB was pretty bad, that's for sure, but even when he was walking guys he also always seemed to pitch himself out of it just about every time. Admittedly, I don't particularly expect him to stay as good as he was this year (and frankly he was VERY good for the Phils at least, 15 hits in 36.1 innings and 1.24 ERA).