Don't have the HH. My brother told me about this hand he played which I think he botched. I'll do it in stages.18 left in a 27 man SNG Blinds 50/100Important Stacks:EP (400)MP (3500)BB (2500) HEROEP limps, Folds to MP who makes it 400 (Read: Isolating the shortstack), Folds to Hero with Nines...?

Not sure about the opposition, and also I'm not the best player here.. I would call the EP's all in and play it cautiously. Most people will check it down to try and bust the short stack. If the he shoves postflop with nothing, at least that's info about the guy.

With EP being so short, I don't think we can be sure that MP is isolating. I would think he'd be more to isolate. I think the raise to 400 is an invitation for calls behind. Either a big hand that wants a side pot, or looking to cooperate agains the shortie.In any case, I flat call here and evaluate on the flop.

Don't have the HH. My brother told me about this hand he played which I think he botched. I'll do it in stages.18 left in a 27 man SNG Blinds 50/100Important Stacks:EP (400)MP (3500)HERO (2500)EP limps, Folds to MP who makes it 400 (Read: Isolating the shortstack), Folds to Hero with Nines...?
Here comes the botch.Hero Raies to 700. MP calls the additional 300.POT: 1550FLOP: 8, 8, 3 (rainbow)Hero?

Hero's reraise is god-awful. MP is obviously never folding that, like ever. You didn't say, but I'm assuming hero is in the blinds, so he is first to act here. You also didn't say if the short stack called all-in. I think actually that pushing all in PF is a good play here.

Here comes the botch.Hero Raies to 700 from BB. EP calls off rest of his chips. MP calls the additional 300.POT: 2100ishFLOP: 8, 8, 3 (rainbow)Hero?
FMP

Ah. Either way I guess hero has to push this flop. Especially with an all-in player, villain may even fold TT or JJ here since he'll get to see hero's hand either way. Hero's mini-raise can often be read as a monster (doesn't mean I like it though).