can we have a seperate nl holdem forum?

Whenever i go into poker strategy it seems to be invaded with people who are in love with limit poker. I won't share my feelings on limit but I was wondering if there could be a seperate NL Holdem Section on this site so I could read and post about hands that actually matter to me

Whenever i go into poker strategy it seems to be invaded with people who are in love with limit poker. I won't share my feelings on limit but I was wondering if there could be a seperate NL Holdem Section on this site so I could read and post about hands that actually matter to me
I beleive you've talked about your feelings on limit poker 50 times before.... not to mention the stakes you play at and size of your bankroll another 50 times
i wish there was a separate nl holdem section as well. that way whenever i take my limit loving self to strat, i wouldn't have to waste my time opening threads about nl donks. :boohoo:
I beleive you've talked about your feelings on limit poker 50 times before.... not to mention the stakes you play at and size of your bankroll another 50 times
and i believe you are a prick who can't handle nl
Guest XXEddie
A) go ahead and post NL in strategy forum, ive seen it there many timesB)....you sound like a prick who cant handle limit
I shudder at the thought of writing this reply, because I am almost certain you won't truly understand it, much less care, and will simply give a flippant reply like you always do ..But limit is not some bastard child of no limit that has to ride the short bus and wear a helmet. There is a fundamental difference in the strategy with the games.I'm going to guess (accurately too) that you're one of those people who get happy in the pants from shoving your chips. You'd rather poker degenerate into a "who has the bigger cajones" contest, with anyone who isn't as hardcore as you losing all their money to you in a glorious sequence of bluffs and monsters. Someone reraise your AA? EFF DAT! I"M AAAAALL IN! Of course when that person calls and busts you, you then look to outlets like this forum to talk about how stupid and lucky they are.Playing limit does not make you a sissy or not enough of a man to play no limit. I actually like the limit game more than the no limit one, and it has nothing to do with the ballsiness of myself or my opposition. I've won far more in some of my 10/20 sessions than almost all of my 1/2 NL.Limit's a game where you actually have to think on each and every one of your decisions. You don't just see 2 A's and non-chalantly throw in some chips. Heaven forbid players actually take actions on the latter 3 of the 4 rounds of betting.As to the topic itself, great idea.
Someone reraise your AA? EFF DAT! I"M AAAAALL IN!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :club::D:D That's one of the funniest things I've read all week.
There is actually plenty of NL in the Strategy Section.The strat people have no problem giving NL advice.It isn't like they are going to be like, "OH god its NL, **** them"

I'm not one of those guys who wants to shove all my chips in. Unless of course I have a great hand and I expect a call....Thats the thing I love about NL. You can be patient and wait for a time to break your opponent. You try to figure out what hand could you do this with and what he'd have to have.Also I love NL becuase every check/bet/raise is so important. A check raise on the river could mean someones stack. Where a check raise in limit is just one more bet you win. Also the bluffing power in NL is greater. To me this is why I like NL better then limit.Anyway back to the point i'm trying to make, I just think it would be better if we could seperate the 2 forums into NL strategy and Limit strategy because as we all know, its 2 different games involving 2 different strategies. I respect all limit players and I don't mean to make fun of anyone. The only reason I responded to DXE like that was becuase he was a prick and tried to make fun of me when I tried to make a good solid post. There's nothing wrong with that.

Also I love NL becuase every check/bet/raise is so important. A check raise on the river could mean someones stack. Where a check raise in limit is just one more bet you win. Also the bluffing power in NL is greater. To me this is why I like NL better then limit.
This quote leads me to believe that you don't have much experience in Limit. Reserve all your thoughts on Limit until you've played it for a while and won please, All this NL vs Limit stuff is ridiculous and it seems that you like to bring it up :roll:

I don't see a need for a seperate forum. There are all kinds of hands posted in strategy, even some PLO8 and stud recently. I rather like reading threads on all the games as they are all interesting (except maybe 5 card draw) and I don't see a need for seperate forums.

Guest XXEddie
I don't see a need for a seperate forum. There are all kinds of hands posted in strategy, even some PLO8 and stud recently. I rather like reading threads on all the games as they are all interesting (except maybe 5 card draw) and I don't see a need for seperate forums.

I guess we can think about it but there is plenty of NL in strategy, I think it would be counter productive to cut up strategy.I post 3-4 trouble hands a week from my Live NL Game on Mondays and I know Akishore does the same, among other "robot limit players".So I guess for now we'll probobly keep it the way it is, But I will forward the idea. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.. I really think it'd just kill it.

Also, I know you might not like reading strategy discussions on limit holdem hands, but you really should. Ever since I started studying limit holdem, my NL game has improved a lot. Keep your mind open and see what happens. You might be surprised.

all i can say is this...www.autoplayer2.comNotice how it says it has to be a limit game... Because in limit you don't have to think... Just play ABC Poker :roll:
Oh! One website made a statement.... It MUST be true.... since a website said that, i'm going to have to concede all arguements then. Of course, I can make a website claiming you have sex with horses, but that doesnt make it true does it?You talk about how you make a wrong move in limit and its "just one bet"Its all about finding the smallest edge and exploiting it. Costing yourself 1 bet is a bad move. I dont think you get the difference in stakes between limit and no limit. A 1/2NL game is nothing of the same stakes of 1/2 limit.If you're bankroll is $3000, through proper bankroll management, you should be playing 1/2NL (1500xBB) But with a bankroll of $3000 you'd be playing 5/10 limit, (300 big bets) The winrate between the two limits is about the same.It seems every thread about this, you try and turn into a dick measuring contest.