the general forum- why it is like it is

There has been much debate about the General Forum lately and I would like to address a few issues. One of the major complaints I read is people complaining about the same subject being repeated. So, I am going to address this issue. Many have stated that the mods should lock or delete these threads. Others say that the general forum has become a vast wasteland. Well, here is my point of view.Threads should only be deleted if they break a forum rule. Now one of the forum rules is:Please refrain from using offensive language or aggressive behavior towards fellow members of FCP's Poker Forum. At times, however, topics may present spirited debates and as such FCP's staff has implemented word filtering to censor certain words commonly viewed as offensive or vulgar. These word filters are in place to inspire a clean and friendly environment for all; we ask that all members respect that when posting messages.This is a tough rule to enforce because there is a lot of grey area. Opposing viewpoints are welcomed. Criticizing someones train of thought is OK. Attacking someone, and or everyone ganging up together to attack someone, is not OK.Daniel is a celebrity. I am a huge fan of Daniel. I see some threads that make me cringe because 1. I am a huge Daniel fan and 2. This is his site. However, the threads theme is to criticize Daniel's play or words in his blog. I can not in good faith delete these threads since a rule has not really been broken. However, I personally wou like to see less insults and more explanation on why someone feels a particular way. Good debating skills can go a long way on both this forum and in life. It will make a much cleaner and friendlier forum if we all embrace this skills of a good debater instead of a good insulter.As far as threads being repeated, that is another tough subject. Some people feel their point of view is totally different than what was alreay discussed so a new thread is started. Or maybe, they feel that even though they may be talking about the same celebrity, the event in discussion is different so they feel that another thread is warranted. I usually check out the OP on each thread and compare to see if there is a difference. I can say there usually is, even though the threads may wind up all becoming simular.Turn on the evening news. You will see a news story that will be repeated for days because other developments have happened within the story. That is what happens here. So if something is a current event (WSOP, New Site launching, New HeadsUp Game) you will see several stories over a few days that will have different points of view and or updates and or questions. Think of the General Forum as the news. And for those of us who have been here a while, we know the news stories die down within a few days or a week or so at tops. If you are tired of the current news, switch to another story within the forum. I know some of you wish threads were locked. I personally am on the fence about locking threads. Some people like it when a thread is locked because something simular has been posted already. Other people complain because they only visit the site once every few days or weeks and they were not aware of the other thread. Some of us diehards forget that most people only visit a forum every now and then. Some people have complained that there is not much moderating being done over the past week or so. I personally find it funny since a month or so ago, there were lots of complaints that the site was being over moderated. Here is my suggestion... Let us know if something needs to be adressed. You can PM any of the mods, you can send an email to admin@fullcontactpoker.com or you can start a thread in the suggestions and updates area of the forum. I will admit that I have not put in as many hours as I normally do because of the holidays. Off Topic is the area I mod first, then I swing over to the General area. You all keep me very busy (especially in Off Topic.) What I love most about FCP is the sense of community. It takes everyone in this community to make this a great place to hang out. So, please, be respectful of each other. Debate ideas instead of attacking the person who has the idea. Try to keep on subject. If what you want to say is simular to what has alreay been said, then find the right thread. Post in the right area and if you are not sure, then post in General or Off Topic and we will move it to the right area. Just my 2 cents. :)Thanks!Theresa

Theresa, it gets me hot when you are the voice or reason while still being cool. We love you and stuff. Anyone who disagrees with me can pm DNA with the appropriate complaint.

What? Just because I said I loved Ron Mexico? I know it's an old topic, but it's not any less true.
If every thread that had someone loving Ron Mexico got locked, this place would shut down.Thanks for the morning love.Sorry we don't chat so much any longer. You are missed. I'm gonna try to check back more now that the thread is new.
And to think that almost all of us were against a veteran's forum. General is a noob fest now and I rarely post here at all.
I miss you almost as much as I miss my anal beads. Did you take them
And to think that almost all of us were against a veteran's forum. General is a noob fest now and I rarely post here at all.
yes i recently stepped it up to 7 beads, i know i know i got a long way to go to achieve Ron Mexico status but I'm a noob.you had me at anal beads
yes i recently stepped it up to 7 beads, i know i know i got a long way to go to achieve Ron Mexico status but I'm a noob.you had me at anal beads
Well mail em back. I can't afford new ones. P.S. Don't wash them.
What? Just because I said I loved Ron Mexico? I know it's an old topic, but it's not any less true.
Not *just* because of that. Ron and I have this neat Interstate Love Triangle between myself, him, and Krup--and I am the jealous type.On another note, Ron, I was in and out of the bank in 10 minutes. I talked to the accounts manager or some such and he had me sign a couple papers and boom, here I am. My total owed = 0$
for some reason I doubt this is the direction theresa had expecte for this thread to go in
Once I saw DNA post "shut up" I knew where this thread was going.:club:
you know I love you theresa, you do a great job here and im sure you said alot of great things up there and maybe someday i'll read it.
Not *just* because of that. Ron and I have this neat Interstate Love Triangle between myself, him, and Krup--and I am the jealous type.On another note, Ron, I was in and out of the bank in 10 minutes. I talked to the accounts manager or some such and he had me sign a couple papers and boom, here I am. My total owed = 0$
I'm really glad to read that it worked out. I knew the first people were steering you wrong. They were just lazy and didn't want to do the work.Seriously though, before you owed $300, I make some suggestions and offer my services, you now owe $0. My 30% comes to $90. I'll cut you in on the FCP discount, so basically, you owe me $50.FCP Ron Mex on FTMagscm23 on PSI'll expect the money in 2 business days.All seriousness, send the moneyActual seriousness, I'm glad it worked out.
If every thread that had someone loving Ron Mexico got locked, this place would shut down.Thanks for the morning love.Sorry we don't chat so much any longer. You are missed. I'm gonna try to check back more now that the thread is new.
You'd better. You know that the army loves it when you pop in. Are you coming to Vegas with us?
sadly no.I'll be going in Christmas 2006.Kind of a family trip. One first/last time./fingers crossed/
Planes fly to Vegas everyday from many easy to find airports, maybe even one near you. If you don't TP/MM while you are there and stay forever, you can always go again in Feb.
sadly no.I'll be going in Christmas 2006.Kind of a family trip. One first/last time./fingers crossed/
Planes fly to Vegas everyday from many easy to find airports, maybe even one near you. If you don't TP/MM while you are there and stay forever, you can always go again in Feb.
While I do agree that I will be missing a great time, I'm saving up enough so I can go out and gamble like an idiot. And I'm trying to fine tune my game.Although, just in case I can book and emergency flight in Feb, I will stop whacking the monkey to save up an extra special "package" for......Alan.
While I do agree that I will be missing a great time, I'm saving up enough so I can go out and gamble like an idiot. And I'm trying to fine tune my game.Although, just in case I can book and emergency flight in Feb, I will stop whacking the monkey to save up an extra special "package" for......Alan.
Good idea. You should pm him and let him know your plans.
Sticky the link in my sig. in the general forum. DO IT!!! IT IS EDUCATIONAL!!!
The minute I saw your name as the last poster, I knew exactly what it would say.Time for some new stuff.It was cute, not hilarious.