Best Nba Nickname

The Answer, The Big Ticket, King James, Stevie Franchise, Hair Canada...What are some other good ones? I've always liked the Stevie Franchise nickname because it fits with his name and it's always cool to be known as the franchise. Even though he's not, you know, a franchise player.

Yea current players nicknames suck. Give me:"The Rifleman" Chuck Person, "The Iceman" George Gervin, The Admiral, etc.Also, I know it is not NBA (or even "sport" for that matter) but I still think the greatest nickname of all time is "The Cerebral Assassin" for Triple H. How good is it to be known as "The Cerebral Assassin"??????

doesn't kobe refer to himself as the "black mamba"...
Actually, Bill Simmons refers to him as mamba, I don't think he ever called himself that, or anyone else for that matter. That said, Simmons calls him that, so that's what it is.D-Wade is sometimes called Flash. Works pretty well for him.
Actually, Bill Simmons refers to him as mamba, I don't think he ever called himself that, or anyone else for that matter. That said, Simmons calls him that, so that's what it is.D-Wade is sometimes called Flash. Works pretty well for him.
I'm pretty sure Kobe called himself that when asked what kind of animal he would like to be. Simmons ran with it

Kobe = Mamba.An excerpt from Ric Bucher's ESPN The Mag cover story about Kobe and Phil:"Granted, there's still a dark side that Bryant embraces. He's known in his inner circle as Mamba, which, he is happy to explain, is a kind of snake that can grow to 13 feet and is one of the world's quickest, and one of the most venomous, serpents. He referred to this summer as the 'blackout,' in which the snake grew a new skin through a seven-days-a-week conditioning program."Here's Kobe explaining his new nickname: "The mamba can strike with 99 percent accuracy at maximum speed, in rapid succession. That's the kind of basketball precision I want to have. Not being able to train the last two summers, I was in a gunfight with a rusty butter knife. I did my share of killing, but I was just fighting to survive." So it says he's known in his inner circle as Mamba, but it doesn't say that he gave himself the nickname necessarily. I like to think that he did though. :club: But it definitely wasn't Simmons who gave him the nickname; he just thought it was hilarious and likes to use it all the time now.I am also 99% certain that this nickname was created right after watching Kill Bill 2.

All 200 of Darryl Dawkins nicknames were the coolest
i thought the names were for all his different dunks?human highlight film is still my favorite because domique was literally that.

i like CB4 for Bosh, because its one of the few (like AK47) where initials and numbers actually mean something.My favourite is probably Muggsy (Bogues) even though that may be his real name, just because it described him well, and also sounded like someone who might be buddies with the cookie monster.

Lol have you ever seen the pre game clip where he's wispering to himself "kobe stopper"?
No, but that doesn't surprise me.The Lakers went up to Portland earlier this year when Kobe was having his 40-point streak. For most of the game Steve Blake was guarding Kobe and he ended up with a point total in the high 30's. The Lakers were down 5 with about 50 seconds left when they called time out. Coming out of the time out the Lakers set up their offense; Blake was still on Kobe as the Blazers set up their D. Before the ref hands the Lakers the ball to inbound, Patterson throws his arm up to signal for them to wait, goes over to Blake, tells him to switch and takes Kobe. Lakers inbound the ball and immediately get it to Kobe. He drives right past Patterson, but Ratliff is there to help out. Kobe backs it out to the 3-point line, but Ratliff goes out with him, so he is now double-teamed. He jacks up a 3 anyway and misses and the Blazers get the rebound and get fouled. Patterson starts exalting the crowd to go crazy because he just stopped Kobe. Ridiculous.