lost the entire bankrool & tournament questions

Hello everybody, I whould like to ask a question. How many times if any have you lost your entire bankrool? I have lost my bankrool 4 times in the last 2 years. I have not had so much mostly 4,000$ but it still hurts for a student.Now I am starting to get back on my fett and have 1,500€ in my bankrool. I play mostly No limit online and some multis as well.I play shorthanded tables 0.25 / 0.5 and sometimes I make a shoot at 0.5 /1 if I had a good day behind me.The general guideline that has been presented to me via swedish pokerforums is that you should have somewhat about 3,000 times the big blind to assure you can stand the swings. This leading to 3000€ for 0.5 /1 and 6,000€ for 1/2 and so on. Is this a worldwide rule or just something we sweedes came up with ?Topic number 2 today.I make the money about 70% of the time playing multis online. I play a really aggresive style when the oppertunities arise. Like at Pokerstars last night there where 1400 entries and I finished 34 making something like 30$ with 3,700$ to the winner. I went all in on the SB with 22 and the BB called me showing up 99 not much to do.The second tournament was 20+2 NL freezout Tournament 634 entries and I finished 45:th place. This time I made a really bad play I think. I had 18,600 left with the blinds at 1600/800 and an antee of 150. I picked up A6 off suit and made an all-in bet from early position. I got called by AK and that was the end of it. At what time do you have to make a stand with hands like A6, never or perhaps when you have like 2 times the blinds and antees? 18,600 / 1600+800+150*9 = 5 times around 45 hands until I am dead. I was 28 out of 45 when making this move. The chipleader had around 70,000 so doubble up twice and I whould be the chipleader. Perhaps all pockets 22-99 are better then Ax beacuse of the domination risk getting called by Ax with a better kicker?I folded 22 about ten hands before I made the allin move with A6, then it was raised and all in before me making my 22 shrink pretty much. They turned up AJ and AK and my 22 whould have held up. Should I have made a stand earlier?

With regards to your bankroll and going broke. I'm guessing you take that same aggressive tourney style to cash games, it won't work if anyone at the table has any clue as to what they are doing.As for your tounrey questions, buy Harrington on Hold Em volumes 1&2, that should help you with any tournament questions you have.

Topic number 2 today.I make the money about 70% of the time playing multis online. I play a really aggresive style when the oppertunities arise. Like at Pokerstars last night there where 1400 entries and I finished 34 making something like 30$ with 3,700$ to the winner. I went all in on the SB with 22 and the BB called me showing up 99 not much to do.The second tournament was 20+2 NL freezout Tournament 634 entries and I finished 45:th place. This time I made a really bad play I think. I had 18,600 left with the blinds at 1600/800 and an antee of 150. I picked up A6 off suit and made an all-in bet from early position. I got called by AK and that was the end of it. At what time do you have to make a stand with hands like A6, never or perhaps when you have like 2 times the blinds and antees? 18,600 / 1600+800+150*9 = 5 times around 45 hands until I am dead. I was 28 out of 45 when making this move. The chipleader had around 70,000 so doubble up twice and I whould be the chipleader. Perhaps all pockets 22-99 are better then Ax beacuse of the domination risk getting called by Ax with a better kicker?I folded 22 about ten hands before I made the allin move with A6, then it was raised and all in before me making my 22 shrink pretty much. They turned up AJ and AK and my 22 whould have held up. Should I have made a stand earlier?
First of all I don't think you make the money in 70% of the MTT's you play that is very difficult.About the push with A6 when pushing preflop you need to consider the following things in no particulat order1. Postion2. Stack Size3. Other peoples calling range4. How much time is left in a level5. Table Image6. Your CardsIn this hand you are considering numbers 2 and 6 that is all.With A6o there you should probably folding the CO if it is folded to you, although it is close. With 22-99 I need to know at least your position and stack size. To get a legitimate answer.If you want to really figure it out get SNG Power Tools. It cost's about 80 bucks and it shows you whether pushing is a +EV or -EV play.As for your Bankroll management if you have gone broke four times you obviously either A) Aren't good enough to consistently win or B) Mismanagaing your bankroll, I'm not sure which one but If you are a winning player and manage your bankroll well your ROR is very low.

By loosing my bankrool I dont mean I loose everyting I have ever made on poker. I have made about 10,000$ total in earnings. The times I have lost my bankrool it when I have had a couple of weeks with bad luck and really beats. You know the regular AA -vs- JJ all in preflop, when you loose 9 out of 10 times with thoose kind of hand there just aint much you can do. Looking at a bigger picture offcourse I have won alot more then I have lost with AA. I may have formulated my topic somewhat bad. I will now refer to someting I read written by the auother Mike Caro.It was something like this: Most winning pokerplayers spend there life broke, since they might win 25,000 dollar one week, spend 15,000$ on fun travels and clothes, and then the next week loose 10,000$ leaving them broke by the gutter.I have made this time and time again, earning money travelling bying things and then take a bad streak and ending up broke. Broke in the fact that I dont have more money to spend on poker. Not totally broke as in I have no money for rent.The times I have lost my bankrool is when I have been on tilt and joined a 24 No Limit game and just got unlucky and been able to stand the swings.I actually just wanted to hear of common this type of issue is.Regarding the other topic about the tourmanent. I have both volume 1 and 2. I have not yet completed volume 2. Sometimes when I write on forums like this I want people to run me down beacuse it makes me play better the nex time, makes me focus more. I dont want to make another post 1 month from now saying I lost my bankrool again beacuse I was on tilt. This is one way for me to improve my game silly it may seem but I tends to help.If you dont understand what I trying to do here please reply and I will try to give a second explanation. My mothertounge is Swedish and not English but I try my best.And one last thing, I did not get any reply abou the suggested bankrool for each level och blinds. Is 3,000 an overkill or is it to small to withstand the swings?This is for no-lmit only.I play 3-4 tables shorthanded 6 players.

I posted the last reply before I had the chance to read your reply.No you are correct the 70% I stated was just for the latest week where I have been hitting a pretty good run but not been able to make it all the way.

The standard of some of the veterans' on this forum like 'Custom36' recommend 1500 X BB for NLHE and 300 X BB for LHE.Don't play so agressive in cash games, slow it down and wait to make your move on a strong-esque hand.

The standard of some of the veterans' on this forum like 'Custom36' recommend 1500 X BB for NLHE and 300 X BB for LHE.Don't play so agressive in cash games, slow it down and wait to make your move on a strong-esque hand.
We should clarify (because of the english issue)that BB in NL = big blind and BB in limit = big bet. Small point, but it could affect his math when calculating what levels he can play.
We should clarify (because of the english issue)that BB in NL = big blind and BB in limit = big bet. Small point, but it could affect his math when calculating what levels he can play.
Good call.
Finally some good solid advice. I play strictly no-limit live games and tourneys and you have to play a lot more aggressivly in tourneys in order to accumulate chips. In live games its not that important to have a huge stack (although it doesnt hurt). Where did you loose all your bankroll?? My guess is that it was in the cash games mostly. Try to just play basics in low-limit no-limit online play. Good Luck
Like I said English is my second language, is it Bankrol?
bankroll. dont worry mate.P.S.. i took out my online bankroll last spring, and now i'm trying to get back on track, it sucks
come on everybody, sea doo it.

Again... I will post this one more time.

I posted the last reply before I had the chance to read your reply. No you are correct the 70% I stated was just for the latest week where I have been hitting a pretty good run but not been able to make it all the way.
LAST WEEK not overall

I whould just like to say thank you to the people who took this tread serious and not just bad mouth about it. No one is perfect not in poker and not in life. But learning to get better is equally true in poker as in life.So it seems like the guideline here is 1500 big blinds, I actually knew the difference between no limit terms and limit terms. But you can never be to clear about such things, always better to explain in a proper way so that all may understand then assume that everybode knows what you are talking about.Perhaps it's just our swedish mentality telling us better to be safe then sorry, meaning 3000 big blinds elinates the risk of loosing all even more.