j'dags callin here

quote="Tonka34"]4:58 AMJC Tran has the button. With the blinds at $20,000-$40,000, Al Ardebili opens for $120,000 under the gun. John D'Agostino flat calls the bet. JC Tran moves all in from the button for $340,000. The blinds fold, and Ardebili moves all in, making it $495,000 to go! Back to D'Agostino. Everybody waits for him to fold. "Any normal person would fold right now," he says. "I don't even have a good hand." There's $1,050,000 in the pot, and it's another $375,000 for him to call (2.8:1). He has about $2.7 million in front of him. "There's such a chance I'm dominated," he says. "It's so obvious I am. But I really wanna gamble." He calls. Tran tables two black queens. Ardebili tables two red aces. "I need clubs," D'Agostino annouces, and tables Ac Jc. Ardebili is 71% to win. D'Agostino is 10% to win. An ill-advised gamble? The flop comes 8c 4c 4d. Now D'Agostino is 30%! But the turn and river brick off, and Ardebili's aces hold up. "Yes!" he shouts. Tran gets up from the table. He wins $199,820 for his 7th place finish.Anyone else feel like this is his downfall late in tourneys?? Seems to get impatient and gamble in bad spots.....I don't know, just an awful call imho........your thoughts????

I know youre gettin a good price, but you gotta know youre nailed in this spot....with the amount of chips he had, Im mucking no problemP.S. Suited, I agree with you, on one point....I'm reraising with AJ there, then mucking when I get rereraised (almost 3-1 isnt good enough for me to call with that action)

I see I'm the only one so far though.Oh well. You guys all suck.
I do suck.And I would folded. But I wouldn't been at the final table so who cares.Suited, gonna play and bust first tonight?

I'm thinkin that he has been so far ahead all day long, he doesn't need to give the chips back. What can he be hoping for? Best Scenario: Up against a bigger A and a pair TT or lower. That or 2 pocket pairs KK and down. Either way he has 3 outs to pair for the win and a flush/straight draw if he can flop one.Worst scenario: Pretty much what he saw when he turned over the cards.I don't think that he should have called, but I'm also not the chip leader with 7 left in an event that pays 7 figures for first.

I know youre gettin a good price, but you gotta know youre nailed in this spot....with the amount of chips he had, Im mucking no problemP.S. Suited, I agree with you, however....I'm reraising with AJ here, then mucking when t get rerereraised (almost 3-1 isnt good enough for me to call there)
I might just fold it. All read dependent, but coming from a big raise utg, might just let it go.And I know you're probably killed, but if you're up against KK and QQ you still have a shot, plus the clubs, and chance that you have 3 live jacks in the deck still. Although I do think he overdoes it in the late stages, from what I saw at the USPC. Definitely needs to gamble a little less, but this situation I might just force myself to call anyway.
I do suck.And I would folded. But I wouldn't been at the final table so who cares.Suited, gonna play and bust first tonight?
I will try. But hopefully I can at least be 2nd out tonight.I did make a Final table last night, so maybe i'm in the zone.
I will try. But hopefully I can at least be 2nd out tonight.I did make a Final table last night, so maybe i'm in the zone.
Me too, what a coincidence. Neg O biznitch. sorry, I'm done
Mine had over 200 players... bizznitch, lol. I'm done too :club:
Yeah, I definitely fold. No reason to put in 1/8 of your stack with AJ there.
It's 1/8 eh?I didn't really do that math. But I dunno... if he calls and loses, is he still the leader? If so, It might help.
Mine had over 200 players... bizznitch, lol. I'm done too :club:
You said final table. That sounds latin for 8th place.I finished 3rd. 105 poker pros. No donkeys here. baahahahah.

I think considering his situation this is a bad call by JDags....or more likely a heat check.Judging by his stack he was probably running very hot all day and maybe he just said....screw it I am running hot lets try to bust two guys and start the final table 5-handed with a huge chip lead.I mean worst case scenario DID happen and he still starts the final table in great position.So I say bad call....but understandable.

if you look at his chip position, he made the right call even knowing he was behind. Besides the fact that he was getting 3-1 with aj suited 7 handed, going into the hand he was in 2nd in chips but close to lead and if he wins he knocks out two players and has a little over half a mill chip lead on singer, and by losing he still remained in a comfortable 2nd by half a mill. Im my opinion while a tough call, the right call. A far more horrible play i think was made by david singer with 11 left when he reraised the reraise by evelyn ng with 4's. He only had 55k committed and she reraided to 185k with i think a little more than 200k left behind her he reraises all in knowing she is pot committed and he in a best case scenario is in a coin flip with a good chance he is dominated. I think he got robbed of at least making final 10 by that bad move.

if you look at his chip position, he made the right call even knowing he was behind. Besides the fact that he was getting 3-1 with aj suited 7 handed, going into the hand he was in 2nd in chips but close to lead and if he wins he knocks out two players and has a little over half a mill chip lead on singer, and by losing he still remained in a comfortable 2nd by half a mill. Im my opinion while a tough call, the right call. A far more horrible play i think was made by david singer with 11 left when he reraised the reraise by evelyn ng with 4's. He only had 55k committed and she reraided to 185k with i think a little more than 200k left behind her he reraises all in knowing she is pot committed and he in a best case scenario is in a coin flip with a good chance he is dominated. I think he got robbed of at least making final 10 by that bad move.
I dont think, giving the way the betting went down, that you can say he HAD to call.With that kind of raising, he must know (and judging by his commentary during his decision making he DID know) that he is way way behind.Yes he is getting 3-1. But he knew that he was probably drawing at worse than 3-1 odds to win the hand. (Turned out he was 9-1 when the cards were turned over)So you cant say it was the right call because even he stated that he probably was too far behind to get just 3-1 on his money. Still, like you pointed out there were mitigating circumstances at play here such as chip position. Not a good call but certainly not a very bad call either. Justifiable anyways. But I wouldnt go as far as to call it a "good" call.

i never said it was a good call, i said a tough call but given all the circumstances such as his 2nd in chips and still 2nd if he loses by half a mill, the fact that he can knock 2 players out right there and have nice chip lead with 5 left, i think the call was still marginal but right. If he only has 1 mill or 1.5 going into hand its an easy fold but given the circumstances and his chip position, i make the call.(even though i don't like it)

i never said it was a good call, i said a tough call but given all the circumstances such as his 2nd in chips and still 2nd if he loses by half a mill, the fact that he can knock 2 players out right there and have nice chip lead with 5 left, i think the call was still marginal but right. If he only has 1 mill or 1.5 going into hand its an easy fold but given the circumstances and his chip position, i make the call.(even though i don't like it)
yeah fair enough. one factor not to overlook is that there were 7 left and 6 make the final table. Maybe Jdags just wanted to end the night so he thought I should call just in case my 3rd best hand ends up getting lucky and helps bust the short stack. very tough situation I agree. I honestly dont know what I would have done given all the variables. I would like to say fold....but I think with that big a stack I probably call like he did.very interesting stuff.

truly is tough spot, but he has made far more marginal calls in the past i think it was the us champ at taj he made a really really bad call because he was tired and wanted to go to sleep, tiredness along with the fact he we was running good = call.

Another reason to fold is that the other players are most likely not messing around. No one wants to bust out 7th in a WPT event. AJs is guaranteed to be a huge dog in that spot... Dags made a bad call but its not the end of the world considering his chip stack.

truly is  tough spot, but he has made far more marginal calls in the past i think it was the us champ at taj he made a really really bad call because he was tired and wanted to go to sleep, tiredness along with the fact he we was running good = call.
Exactly!!! This seems to happen with him frequently late in tourneys.....Great player, dont get me wrong....just needs to add more patience to his end game imo......

I know he was getting a great price on that pot, BUT. Heres the real 1.5 million dollar question. If you are dominated and you know you are, Do you really wanna triple up one of your opponents by gambling at the final table. The end result was shipping over an 1/8th of his chips in a huge pot to an opponent who went on to win the tournament. I think it was an easy drop. Just like i probably wouldve dropped that 10-10 in the USPC when Hoyt "im all in"Corkins moved in from the small blind on him. But then again i grind out .02/.04 limit tables.