• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lifelessimp

lifelessimp

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

Full Tilt Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is BB with K :5c, K :qh2 folds, SB calls, Hero raises, SB callsFlop: (4 SB) 6 :4h, 8 :club:, 10 :ts (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB callsTurn: (3 BB) 9 :3h (2 players)SB bets, [color=#CC3333]Hero ?What is my line here? just call down? raise/fold?

#2 DocHoliday

DocHoliday

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold'em, PLO, Five card draw

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

I'd go with c/c turn and river here... It might be that your opponent has you crushed here in which case you do not want to put yourself in the spot where you have to lose a lot. On the other hand, it may be just pure bluff. If he shuts down on the river, I'd even value bet this.
New car - 3000 BBs...

New house - 10000 BBs...

Check - raise a donk into the oblivion - priceless!!!

#3 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:50 PM

View PostDocHoliday, on Friday, September 11th, 2009, 3:13 PM, said:

I'd go with c/c turn and river here... It might be that your opponent has you crushed here in which case you do not want to put yourself in the spot where you have to lose a lot. On the other hand, it may be just pure bluff. If he shuts down on the river, I'd even value bet this.
or up against a naked 7 like K7 suitede or like j10 off but yah same idea. It is .25 .50 and he limp called so that worries me a little on this board but we may just win in by having him shut down river and we fire. We can't raise thou so flat and see if river is blank and bet/call all day
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#4 RISEorFall

RISEorFall

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,984 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HU freezeout 4 souls

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:24 PM

we're calling downif we know our opponent well enough to know he's betting 1 pair there then we can make a thin raise but its hard to know many opponents that well. bet the river if he checks. i want to raise/fold a 6/K on the river b/c we counterfeit 2 pair but i hate folding pairs (esp big ones) HU.
Rise,

I like the whole hand. You should play drunk more often. :)
-Screech

#5 CoranMoran

CoranMoran

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,480 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Short Handed Limit Ring; No-Limit Tournies

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

Before the funky turn bet, our plan here was to get a bet in on every street.So let's continue with the plan.Villain's donk bet is good for us.Because now, not only does the bet get in, but we also get to close the action.So we don't have to fear the dreaded check-raise on this coordinated board.Call the turn.And be happy if he leads the river again so you can call that too.Otherwise, put in the bet yourself.Resist the temptation to fold at any point.--CM

#6 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,728 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

View Postrrumsey, on Friday, September 11th, 2009, 11:50 PM, said:

or up against a naked 7 like K7 suitede or like j10 off but yah same idea. It is .25 .50 and he limp called so that worries me a little on this board but we may just win in by having him shut down river and we fire. We can't raise thou so flat and see if river is blank and bet/call all day
???????????You're BLUFFING the river if he checks?
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#7 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,728 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

View PostCoranMoran, on Wednesday, September 16th, 2009, 2:36 PM, said:

Before the funky turn bet, our plan here was to get a bet in on every street.So let's continue with the plan.Villain's donk bet is good for us.Because now, not only does the bet get in, but we also get to close the action.So we don't have to fear the dreaded check-raise on this coordinated board.Call the turn.And be happy if he leads the river again so you can call that too.Otherwise, put in the bet yourself.Resist the temptation to fold at any point.--CM
This too.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users