• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was one of Obama's top jobs when he was elected, and he did it. Bravo.[Yes, I know he didn't personally do it, but I'll give him credit for this.]

Good riddance.The infrastructure to do this job was put into place after 9.11. Obama deserves no credit for this, if McCain had been elected, he wouldn't have deserved any credit for this. None of this was an executive function. It was a job done by military and intelligence apparatus, the gears of which were going to continue to turn regardless of who was in elected office.Now, cue the retaliation.

Good riddance.The infrastructure to do this job was put into place after 9.11. Obama deserves no credit for this, if McCain had been elected, he wouldn't have deserved any credit for this. None of this was an executive function. It was a machine, the gears of which were going to continue to turn regardless of who was in office.Now, cue the retaliation.
It's probably true that Obama doesn't deserve a ton of credit (but I'll give him his moment anyway), but I think it is safe to say that Bush botched the job diverting valuable resources by attacking the wrong country.

Wow. Hell yeah. So, nobody has mentioned this here yet, but apparently we have his body, so it isn't just a hunch or a maybe. God I can't wait for the story to come out about how we got him.

A small team of Americans carried out the attack and took custody of bin Laden's remains, the president said Sunday in a dramatic late-night statement at the White House.
A small team of THE AWESOMEST AMERICANS EVER HOLY SHIT WE FINALLY GOT THAT STUPID CUNT.

Did he have to die?Was this the work of some trigger happy GI?Did he not deserve his day in court?Questions I eagerly await from some noted blogs. Huff post maybe? Or move on.org?Definitely, amnesty international, will weigh in shortly.

It's probably true that Obama doesn't deserve a ton of credit (but I'll give him his moment anyway), but I think it is safe to say that Bush botched the job diverting valuable resources by attacking the wrong country.
Yeah, Obama was not responsible for this but he certainly did not actively sabotage finding Bin Laden like Bush did. High praise!Tons of credit to the US military....obviously this guy was the king of hiding but they got him in the end.Also, I will get it out of the way: I know it is crass, but this probably just boosted Obama's chances of re-election by 3-5%.
Did he have to die?Was this the work of some trigger happy GI?Did he not deserve his day in court?
Yes, no, no. Regarding the first and second questions, the men who captured/killed him were almost certainly under orders to bring him back dead. Not dead or alive, just dead.
Yes, no, no. Regarding the first and second questions, the men who captured/killed him were almost certainly under orders to bring him back dead. Not dead or alive, just dead.
I just heard Trump is demanding to see the death certificate.
Yeah, Obama was not responsible for this but he certainly did not actively sabotage finding Bin Laden like Bush did. High praise!
FWIW cnn said he was having biweekly national security meetings on this and was "deeply, personally involved".. apparently he gave the order Friday to go in for the kill. I think its hard to for us to know what his role was, but I don't think we can assume that he was not responsible in some way.
FWIW cnn said he was having biweekly national security meetings on this and was "deeply, personally involved".. apparently he gave the order Friday to go in for the kill. I think its hard to for us to know what his role was, but I don't think we can assume that he was not responsible in some way.
That's fair. The fact that he gave the order would be something, for sure.
Cannot imagine the feeling of the guy who actually got to cap the sob.
Does he get the $25m reward too?!Yes I'm kidding. I wonder if the commander who led the assault is gonna go all secret-identity like Dalton Fury, or if he's gonna remain anonymous, or if he's gonna be able to say who he is and how he did it. It's gotta be an extraordinary story.
Does he get the $25m reward too?!Yes I'm kidding. I wonder if the commander who led the assault is gonna go all secret-identity like Dalton Fury, or if he's gonna remain anonymous, or if he's gonna be able to say who he is and how he did it. It's gotta be an extraordinary story.
According to this report looks like Seal Team 6 gets the kill. But not alone. http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/26614...s-daniel-foster
can someone explain to me why this is so great? why should i care?
He was the mastermind behind 9/11, which was a terrorist attack on NYC and Washington DC. It must have been before you were born.