So far the American public hasn't had any opportunity whatsoever to hear this woman speak in a setting where she wasn't prepared with pre-written speeches. I want to see how she handle's some good old fashion grilling, that is, if the GOP ever allows it. The fact that they haven't yet and don't seem interested in doing so should scare you a bit. If it scares them... it should scare you. They call Biden a gaff machine, but me thinks that this woman will stick her foot in her mouth big time if they ever release the reigns and allow the media a chance to ask her some tougher questions. Even the debate will be totally rehearsed. I want to see her do SOMETHING, anything that isn't scripted. Maybe then we'll figure out how she feels about birth control, wildlife, the bridge to nowhere, the environment, Iraq, etc. Not too long ago when asked about Iraq he said, "I haven't thought much about it." Hmm... that's comforting!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter if a politician speaks to an adoring crowd or a hostile interviewer, they say exactly the same things. Their handlers don't allow off-the-cuff remarks because anyone who has so few skills that they have to go into politics is incapable of clear thought.Haven't you ever noticed that on the interview shows that politicians never actually answer the question? They just spout some pre-decided rhetoric that has nothing to do with what was asked.

It doesn't matter if a politician speaks to an adoring crowd or a hostile interviewer, they say exactly the same things. Their handlers don't allow off-the-cuff remarks because anyone who has so few skills that they have to go into politics is incapable of clear thought.Haven't you ever noticed that on the interview shows that politicians never actually answer the question? They just spout some pre-decided rhetoric that has nothing to do with what was asked.
generally true but I thought Obama didn't fall into that category on O'reily
So far the American public hasn't had any opportunity whatsoever to hear this woman speak in a setting where she wasn't prepared with pre-written speeches. I want to see how she handle's some good old fashion grilling, that is, if the GOP ever allows it. The fact that they haven't yet and don't seem interested in doing so should scare you a bit. If it scares them... it should scare you. They call Biden a gaff machine, but me thinks that this woman will stick her foot in her mouth big time if they ever release the reigns and allow the media a chance to ask her some tougher questions. Even the debate will be totally rehearsed. I want to see her do SOMETHING, anything that isn't scripted. Maybe then we'll figure out how she feels about birth control, wildlife, the bridge to nowhere, the environment, Iraq, etc. Not too long ago when asked about Iraq he said, "I haven't thought much about it." Hmm... that's comforting!
Guest spot on whose line is it anyway?
generally true but I thought Obama didn't fall into that category on O'reily
rofl. then it must have been the first time you heard Obama speak. Everything has been said before, usually in exactly the same words. He'd change his words if BOR pressed him on something, but say the same things.As I expected, BOR has done a terrible job interviewing Obama, letting him get away with too many non-answers, especially last night. He skated passed the whole J Wright thing without BOR once mentioning the credit that BHO gives Wright in forming his worldview in his books. And of course the claim that he never heard the level of vitriol that JW spews is absurd.Palin will be interviewed by Charles Gibson tomorrow and Friday, no ground rules on questions. Not sure when it will be broadcast.

Why should she go on the "talking heads tour"?You and the Liberals don't want to "know more" about her. You couldn't care less about her positions - you want her to provide situations where you can find things to criticize. You want soundbites to analyze and find flaws to expose and use against her. It has nothing to do with learning more about her positions nor readiness. It is the classic tactic of wanting your opponent to say anything so you can attack it. Dems have perfected this tactic over the past several decades of waiting for the Republicans to take the initiative of actually doing something - and then they attack from the Left who never actually put anything on the table. "What is your plan? Oh, well that sucks because..."She is already accomplishing EXACTLY what the campaign needed - she has energized the Party and completely changed the debate. The Liberals have wasted nearly two weeks focusing on Palin and trying to mobilize against her. They are debating the #1 of one ticket vs. the #2 of the other - completely losing the momentum they had build highlighting the differences between Obama and McCain and linking McCain to Bush. That has been the one message that seemed to stick - McCain = Bush. And now they are quickly losing that advantage.So why should she rush into the spotlight prematurely when she is already making an incredible impact without taking the risk of giving fodder to the other side?

She's refusing interviews while they train her. Must need lots of training before they let her loose.
I repeat: Palin will be interviewed by Charles Gibson tomorrow and Friday, no ground rules on questions. Not sure when it will be broadcast.
She's refusing interviews while they train her. Must need lots of training before they let her loose.
Well apparently she does have to be prepared for "Important questions " that have never come up in a previous campaign. Such as: "How do you plan to balance your duties as a VP vs. your duties as a good mother?"Takes time to Prepare for important questions like these.
Well apparently she does have to be prepared for "Importantquestions " that have never come up in a previous campaign. Such as: "How do you plan to balance your duties as a VP vs. your duties as a good mother?"Takes time to Prepare for important questions like these.
That was funny, but the reality is that Charles Gibson will keep things above board and focused on real issues. There may be some questions that actually highlight the smear campaign against her and elicit even more sympathy for her and outrage about BHOs tactics. McCains new ad about 30 BHO lawyers airdropped into Alaska is very effective, albeit the usual campaign sleight of hand.

Why should she do an interview right now? The McPalin campaign have everything going their way at the moment. They are very successfully portraying her as a victim of the press, it's straight out of the Hillary playbook and it's working very well. She will do interviews when it benefits the campaign, not a moment sooner. They are playing the whole situation brilliantly and Barry's ill-timed joke yesterday plays right into their hands.

What a stupid post Daniel.You really believe that Palin and the GOP are the only ones whose speeches are pre-written?How can you make this thread in good faith? It's absurd to go after Palin-McCain for this reason, especially because BHO doesn't write his own material.Do you realize how much of a hypocrite you look like here?
What a stupid post Daniel.You really believe that Palin and the GOP are the only ones whose speeches are pre-written?How can you make this thread in good faith? It's absurd to go after Palin-McCain for this reason, especially because BHO doesn't write his own material.Do you realize how much of a hypocrite you look like here?
Perhaps your reading ability is light years ahead of mine as you can read stuff that I can't see at all. At no point is any claim made that librals don't have speech writers or canned answers. The point as I took it is that every other candidate has done many press conferences and interviews and as of right now she hasn't (althought is expected to in the coming days)
You're spinning. O'Reilly hates everyone, which is pretty much the reason everyone hates him.
Really? There are some conservatives on here that think he was too easy on Obama. However, you're probably right. To be able to prove that he's really not biased, he'd try to appear to go after Palin. I just don't think he'll ask any questions that she's not been prepped for. In fact, I don't expect her to have to answer any questions she's not been prepped for in the Charlie Gibson interview either.
Perhaps your reading ability is light years ahead of mine as you can read stuff that I can't see at all. At no point is any claim made that librals don't have speech writers or canned answers. The point as I took it is that every other candidate has done many press conferences and interviews and as of right now she hasn't (althought is expected to in the coming days)
It's hypocritical to bring this stuff up against McPalin and not BHO, because they are in the same boat on this issue of writing their own speeches and interview questions.That's why it's so hypocritical of him to say that against repubs, when everyone does and is doing it.For DN to talk down on the McPalin campaign for this is foolish, anyone who isn't stupid can see through what he's doing. Good thing the people DN is trying to incense won't ever vote.
There are some conservatives on here that think he was too easy on Obama.
This is pretty much my point. Conservatives think he wasn't hard enough on him and liberals think he was too hard on him.
However, you're probably right. To be able to prove that he's really not biased, he'd try to appear to go after Palin. I just don't think he'll ask any questions that she's not been prepped for. In fact, I don't expect her to have to answer any questions she's not been prepped for in the Charlie Gibson interview either.
I don't think she gets on O'Reilly with prepped questions, won't be good tv. Gibson, probably.
This is pretty much my point. Conservatives think he wasn't hard enough on him and liberals think he was too hard on him. I don't think she gets on O'Reilly with prepped questions, won't be good tv. Gibson, probably.
I dont think either of them would give specific questions in advance, and if they did it would be disclosed given the scrutiny of the media after the MSLSD demotions.Of course she'll be prepped on the issues. I think (hope) thats all Nimue meant.
It's hypocritical to bring this stuff up against McPalin and not BHO, because they are in the same boat on this issue of writing their own speeches and interview questions.That's why it's so hypocritical of him to say that against repubs, when everyone does and is doing it.For DN to talk down on the McPalin campaign for this is foolish, anyone who isn't stupid can see through what he's doing. Good thing the people DN is trying to incense won't ever vote.
I vote in almost every election (unless I'm too sick to get out). However, I'm not incensed, just interested to see if the Palin bump is for real or if like Geraldine Ferraro, she gets tangled up and it disappears as people get to know her.
Why should she go on the "talking heads tour"?You and the Liberals don't want to "know more" about her. You couldn't care less about her positions - you want her to provide situations where you can find things to criticize. You want soundbites to analyze and find flaws to expose and use against her.
Both sides are pretty guilty of this. It's a (stupid and regrettable) part of the process.
I vote in almost every election (unless I'm too sick to get out). However, I'm not incensed, just interested to see if the Palin bump is for real or if like Geraldine Ferraro, she gets tangled up and it disappears as people get to know her.
comparisons to Ferraro arent particularly relevant. Mondale was never beating Reagan and it was a totally symbolic nomination.