Housekeeping

I cross-posted this from the NL strat forum. I don't want to sound pretentious or anything, I just genuinely care about this place and think it's in a state of disarray right now. I don't know who is supposed to be moderating strat, I'm sure if I posted in any of the OT clique threads, I'd find them, but those of us who do read and frequent here should do what we can to make it as good as we know it can be."Ok kiddies. This place is turning in to a disaster.Can we all take a look at the "before posting in strategy" links and get back to where we should be??Stop showing results in your posts. Start converting your hands. There are several hand converters. There are links to them at the top of the page. Google it if you can't figure it out.If your converter doesn't support whatever site you play at, take the two minutes and fix it so that it's somewhat readable. This can be such a great forum.--edit --- Another thing that seems to be happening more and more is people posting tourney hands in here.There's a specific forum for tournament hands. There can be strategy adjustments that make analysis of a sn'g hand much different than a cash game one. "

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really hoping that they find some new mods for just the strategy forums. I'm pretty sure Zach volunteered. He'd be great. Also, Abbadabba, Actuary and Copernicus I think would make great mods.

:icon_wall:Welcome to my life.I've been trying to get all of this **** done but no one with power feels the need to listen to me, or it takes them months to get back to us.Part of my plan for these forums would have included new stickies with up to date links, etc outlining everything that needs to go into a post, for each forum.I might just do this anyways...As a matter of fact... I'm gonna go through and make one and post it here, and see if they like it and sticky it.Maybe.I mean, this is more important than studying.- ZachBTW, my life goal is to be a mod for the strategy forums... so people - call your congressmen!

:icon_wall:Welcome to my life.I've been trying to get all of this **** done but no one with power feels the need to listen to me, or it takes them months to get back to us.Part of my plan for these forums would have included new stickies with up to date links, etc outlining everything that needs to go into a post, for each forum.
I don't get why they don't hand over the mod keys to a few of us that are in these forums all day, every day. Give limited controls, whatever, just allow someone with a vested interest to have some control. The place is a mess, but whoever's in charge is too busy posting in ot to bother doing anything about it.
I don't get why they don't hand over the mod keys to a few of us that are in these forums all day, every day. Give limited controls, whatever, just allow someone with a vested interest to have some control. The place is a mess, but whoever's in charge is too busy posting in ot to bother doing anything about it.
In reality, all I'd really like to be able to do is sticky, move, delete posts. I think that would pretty much do a ton towards cleaning up these forums. Like seriously, I'm here 16 hours a day. Essentially, every second that I'm at home, I'm on FCP, and 98% of that time is in Strat.
In reality, all I'd really like to be able to do is sticky, move, delete posts. I think that would pretty much do a ton towards cleaning up these forums. Like seriously, I'm here 16 hours a day. Essentially, every second that I'm at home, I'm on FCP, and 98% of that time is in Strat.
Same here. There's about 5 others that I could say this about too.Why can we not be the keepers of our own home, so to speak?Every time I see a thread titled "Hand from a sn'g" in the NL forum, etc I cringe.I don't want the ability to ban people, etc, just let us move stuff to where it should be, etc.

I'm down with Zach being a strat mod. I think that'd be a great idea. Hell, I'd be willing to do it myself if I had more time/spent more time on FCP. One problem is that things change a lot. I think KDawg used to post in strat a lot back in the day, as did Custom, both of whom are Mods. A few months ago there was a thread where it was suggested that Actuary and Zach be made Strat-only mods and many agreed it was a good idea (except of course the powers that be). Now, Actuary doesn't post nearly as much b/c he can't post from work anymore. Who knows where any us will be in six months. That said, I think it makes perfect sense to give some of the Strat veterans mod powers for the strat forum. It would probably improve this place a lot.

Who knows where any us will be in six months.
That's the point. Who ever said being a mod was a life-time appointment? In 6 months if Zach, or Abba, or myself, or whoever they wanted to make a strat-only mod wasn't posting in strat, or on fcp or whatever anymore, then make the regulars at that point mods.My whole point is that the "vets" who post a lot and have a genuine interest in the forum being successful should be the ones that have some control over it.At this point it seems as though nobody that gives a damn has any control, and the ones that do have control DON'T give a damn.
I'm down with Zach being a strat mod. I think that'd be a great idea. Hell, I'd be willing to do it myself if I had more time/spent more time on FCP. One problem is that things change a lot. I think KDawg used to post in strat a lot back in the day, as did Custom, both of whom are Mods. A few months ago there was a thread where it was suggested that Actuary and Zach be made Strat-only mods and many agreed it was a good idea (except of course the powers that be). Now, Actuary doesn't post nearly as much b/c he can't post from work anymore. Who knows where any us will be in six months. That said, I think it makes perfect sense to give some of the Strat veterans mod powers for the strat forum. It would probably improve this place a lot.
I know KDawg and Custom were awesome choices at the time (not to take anything away from what they do now), I'm pretty sure I even voted for them or agreed they would be good in the thread, or whatever happened, but it's true, things change, people lose interest, or become interested in other things, IMO, it's time for the few of us who are constantly here to be given control.As for Actuary, he's publically stated he would turn down any mod appointment, and I know he couldn't even do it now with his new job.
That's the point. Who ever said being a mod was a life-time appointment? In 6 months if Zach, or Abba, or myself, or whoever they wanted to make a strat-only mod wasn't posting in strat, or on fcp or whatever anymore, then make the regulars at that point mods.My whole point is that the "vets" who post a lot and have a genuine interest in the forum being successful should be the ones that have some control over it.At this point it seems as though nobody that gives a damn has any control, and the ones that do have control DON'T give a damn.
Yup. Pretty much.

Believe me...it bugs me that it seems as though the powers that be don't care about Strat. That sad. We need some mods for the strat forums. Maybe we should start bombarding Admin and Gov with PMs.

Believe me...it bugs me that it seems as though the powers that be don't care about Strat. That sad. We need some mods for the strat forums. Maybe we should start bombarding Admin and Gov with PMs.
Myself and DrawingDeadinDM actually made a long proposal of changes to be made to the Strat forums, including everything listed in this thread (mostly just housekeeping, fine tuning type things), and it was forwarded to several of the Admin's and supposedly was to be in front of DN himself. This was months ago. I realize they are busy, but this isn't even something that should take any amount of time. This has come up a number of times before and frankly each time it gets us to the same spot, where everyone agrees that so and so should be strat mods, and then nothing comes of it after that. It is really frustrating, IMO.

I'm continually amazed that myself and a few others take so much "ownership" or pride in this forum with little to no vested interest, when those that do (or should) have that same interest level seem to show so little.Maybe if we were in OT, or the hockey forum, our voices would be heard more effectively??

It's really not hard to appoint new moderators - I'm not sure what the hold up could be. Zach's competent and trustworthy enough to handle the job and if he isn't then his privileges can simply be removed. This whole paralysis is kinda strange.

a few points:1. Moderation is really not the issue in the Strategy Forums. It's lack of good threads and good discussion. Deleting a few bad threads or getting them converted, won't make any good threads show up. Several Micro Players all seemed to disaapear several months ago, and now that forun is dead. Limit is very dry as well. 2. Even with the new job, I could help moderate; but as Zach said, I don't care to.3. Hate to say it, but FCP did not keep up with other forums in the Strategy Areas. We have some awesome OT SuperThreads, they tell me; but our best players hardly ever participate in the Strategy Forums.In the long run, forums don't lend themselves to continual game improvement. Without the new inflow of players to ask questions, it drys up. Someone a bit back noted that personal mentors and sweating someone is really more useful than trying to analize the best play in an isolated post, assuming major blunders are not made.

I don't disagree with any of this. I'm here when I can, and I'm pretty sure that I'm the only mod these days that ventures into strat. I'd be here more often if it weren't for the fact that overall I need to mod Gen Pop and teh OT forums a lot more often then here. Which of course is its own problems in of itself. I've said several times that we need more mods on this board as only three of us are ever actually around(Bob, DNA, and I) and we're probably only here like 40-50% of the time, of which we have to spend the majority of our time in Gen pop and Gen OT. All I can say until more mods are added is that anyone should feel free to personally PM me whenever they feel that a thread should be moved, stickied, deleted and I will get to it as soon as I possibly can.

a few points:1. Moderation is really not the issue in the Strategy Forums. It's lack of good threads and good discussion. Deleting a few bad threads or getting them converted, won't make any good threads show up. Several Micro Players all seemed to disaapear several months ago, and now that forun is dead. Limit is very dry as well. 2. Even with the new job, I could help moderate; but as Zach said, I don't care to.3. Hate to say it, but FCP did not keep up with other forums in the Strategy Areas. We have some awesome OT SuperThreads, they tell me; but our best players hardly ever participate in the Strategy Forums.In the long run, forums don't lend themselves to continual game improvement. Without the new inflow of players to ask questions, it drys up. Someone a bit back noted that personal mentors and sweating someone is really more useful than trying to analize the best play in an isolated post, assuming major blunders are not made.
The key to that is the elimination of the micro limit forum and combining it with the LHE forum. That would be a big boost to overall traffic. It's been discussed before that that would be a huge key.There's so many things I would want to do, and I could poor in hours and hours of my time to make this place, aka my e-home, better, but I'll more than likely never get the chance. If I somehow had a big profile, I'd start my own strat forum and take all of the traffic from here.It's really disheartening. It's true that FCP hasn't kept up as a strat forum, and that's unfortunate. That's what a few of us are really wanting to see happen in the long run. Being completely ignore by those who have the power to set it up, or give us a bit of the reigns is just disheartening. It's too bad.
The key to that is the elimination of the micro limit forum and combining it with the LHE forum. That would be a big boost to overall traffic. It's been discussed before that that would be a huge key.There's so many things I would want to do, and I could poor in hours and hours of my time to make this place, aka my e-home, better, but I'll more than likely never get the chance. If I somehow had a big profile, I'd start my own strat forum and take all of the traffic from here.It's really disheartening. It's true that FCP hasn't kept up as a strat forum, and that's unfortunate. That's what a few of us are really wanting to see happen in the long run. Being completely ignore by those who have the power to set it up, or give us a bit of the reigns is just disheartening. It's too bad.
this is a problem more to FCP then anything else. Obviously there are some very good players here, yet they don't feel like posting for whatever reasons. Some have gone away, some never did anything to begin with, but unfortunetly, this place has been turned into a hangout more then a serious forum, and this happened a long time ago
this is a problem more to FCP then anything else. Obviously there are some very good players here, yet they don't feel like posting for whatever reasons. Some have gone away, some never did anything to begin with, but unfortunetly, this place has been turned into a hangout more then a serious forum, and this happened a long time ago
Well, ya.It's just too bad, I guess.I'd hate to have to go read 2p2 all day every day.It's interesting, I just went through the Mods list, and you are right, it's just the 3 of you who are ever around, at least on a regular basis.

totally agree Keithand Zach, we have done all we can. you just have to accept the fact that not enough people care. :(oh where have they gone....Chis (wrto)Smashpp24justblazeZimmermanAseemMNGScreeeeeeeeeeeeechKeithAnd 10's of others who would post handsSpeedzBean GWDKEGuineveraMonoatomicGreatwhiteAnd 10's of others who would pot hands..who are too many to name

Well, ya.It's just too bad, I guess.I'd hate to have to go read 2p2 all day every day.It's interesting, I just went through the Mods list, and you are right, it's just the 3 of you who are ever around, at least on a regular basis.
What can I say, DDIM and I have talked about this topic ad nauseum over AIM and you either have to decide to keep fighting the good fight, or just give up. For me, I haven't given up, its just more a matter of not having shit for a roll at this time to even attempt to fight on top of me being in school again.Personally, I don't know how to correct it all, and honestly, I think the deciding factor for how the strat forums are here comes from the posters. Sadly, many think that 2p2 is the panacea when in fact many of the better 2p2ers don't post in the strat forums anymore. This is a young forum, but like I said before, it's been clear from very early on that this place is to be treated as a hang out as opposed to a serious forum. So, there will be people who want it to be one way, but maybe it will never be the image that we want it to be. There's been a bunch of hollow promises from a variety of people, but sadly, its clear that the cesspool that is gen pop is the most important forum, and even through my trying to get it to be different, it's stayed that way. I personally just don't have the amount of time nor backing to do for this forum the way it most likely should be, so i myself get frustrated and being the way that I am, put myself on the front line and get more shit then I deserve. I mean shit, I still get blamed for deleting the Up your post count thread even though I had nothing to do with that decision, and the one decision that I make on a very bad day for me turns me inside out and I got piled on left and right. Granted, all of what I mentioned is OT stuff, but it applies to Gen pop too and is why I can't devote more time to doing the strat forums the right way. I definetly want more mods here and more to the point, mods for specific forums as they can concentrate on the goings on more then DNA, Bob, or I. All three of us end up having to make the decision as to what is the most important forums to concentrate on and sadly, more often then not, this one gets left behind. Well, at this point I'm just rambling. Again, I fully agree with much of what has been said in this thread as its gone through my head too. RIght now I need to get to sleep

Keith, I give you mad credit for even having the balls to show up in here and post a reply, and I thank you for it.I feel you about having next to nothing for a playing roll right now as well. I cashed out most of my online roll with all of this neteller turmoil and I'm sitting right now trying to grind at $25 nl on absolute for god sakes with money I just got from last months rakeback.I agree wholeheartedly that there should be specific mods for specific forums on here. I can name at least 2 people from each strat forum that should be mods.Do what you can to make that happen. I spend a TON of time on the board. Zach spends a ton as well, there are how many others?Just because this board currently is more of a "hangout" as you say, does that mean you just throw in the towel and resign yourself to that?Sorry, but I don't usually do that with anything. I'm here and more than willing to devote the time I already spend on the board to helping clean it up and make it a better place to read about poker. If it becomes that, I'm sure that the traffic would increase.Or it can be left the unmoderated wasteland hangout that it currently is, where we all pretty much just post in the monthly goals thread and live and learn from each other that way.I'm not putting this on your shoulders, by any means. I know the 3 remaining mods do what they can. Do what you can to help those of us who ARE willing to spend our time here productively be able to make that contribution. There's a few of us more than willing. The ball is now in the court of those who do have the authority to make the decisions and who SHOULD be the ones showing this much interest in the board as a whole.