Our yearly pub poker tourny is this weekend, it started today with about 175 players. We are down to 64 and will continue tomorrow, I am sitting with 3200, which is a little over average stack. Chip leader has 13200. winner gets a ME buyin plus expenses for WSOP. The other top 7 get cash I believe.I spent most of the day just slowly increasing chips (started with 1100 with 10/20 blinds@45 minutes) we are currently at 100/200 with 10 minutes or so left in this level. So I dont have a ton of room to play, but I tried my hardest to steal chips for the last 30 minutes on the psuedo bubble (of making it to tomorrow) but once we went down to 69 players we were playing hand for hand on about 10 tables so the action died. Oh well. Anyway, about 6 of us are part of a home game league so "WE" have a decent shot at this (the chip leader is one of us)anyway, I'll post tomorrow evening the outcome

ended up going out 35th or so, I guess I know what DN means when he talks about a serious lack of cards. went out with a KQ when the flop came K9X, I go all in for 900 (pot of 1600), one caller, of course he has K9. the other problem was from the get go today, the maniac showed himself, and I couldnt fight with him cause he had twice as many chips as I did. I almost called an all in of his with 77, later to find out he had AK, and the dealer did show the flop would have been with a K....the hand rattled me a bit, but in the end had no affect on my play (hard to play at all with no cards) oh and that guy, ended up winning the whole thing!?! WTF? you cant win a real tourny playing EVERY pot!!!!!!! but its been a fun year (though all those bar tabs I am not sure make it worth it) I am not sure I will continue to keep playing in this league, it was a great outlet for teaching the game and practicing, but its still "bar poker" and can not come close to representing a REAL tourny.

ended up going out 35th or so, I guess I know what DN means when he talks about a serious lack of cards. went out with a KQ when the flop came K9X, I go all in for 900 (pot of 1600), one caller, of course he has K9. the other problem was from the get go today, the maniac showed himself, and I couldnt fight with him cause he had twice as many chips as I did. I almost called an all in of his with 77, later to find out he had AK, and the dealer did show the flop would have been with a K....the hand rattled me a bit, but in the end had no affect on my play (hard to play at all with no cards) oh and that guy, ended up winning the whole thing!?! WTF? you cant win a real tourny playing EVERY pot!!!!!!! but its been a fun year (though all those bar tabs I am not sure make it worth it) I am not sure I will continue to keep playing in this league, it was a great outlet for teaching the game and practicing, but its still "bar poker" and can not come close to representing a REAL tourny.
Why did it rattle you?

Due to him being the bully at the table, and me having a short stack, I figured I was going to have to get lucky in a trap situation to get payed off by him. The problem was when he raised preflop, I had no idea if he had a good hand or 7-2. I cant fault him for his play, like i said, he won. But it was just pisssing me off no one else would fight back at him.