6max Nl I Fear For My Queens

Villain is 20/8.91/1.22No Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1/$26 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $324.55UTG+1: $200CO: $256.10Button: $335.15Hero: $194BB: $20.80Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q :D Q :club:UTG raises to $8, CO folds, Button calls, Hero raises to $40, BB folds, UTG calls, Button foldsFlop: A :D 8 :D A :D ($90, 2 players)Hero ???Bet 60 and fold to a raise? I'm lost : /

Gotta bet there, checking is just conceding the pot. Two aces on the board decreases our oppents chances of having one, this is actually a better flop than just having one ace hit I think. Bet between 50-60, maybe even as low as 45. Even if the bet looks weaker our opponent would need some balls to bluff that flop. Pretty much anything in that range gets a fold unless we're against trips so why bet more than you have to for the times we get raised.

Two people called 20x the BB preflop, you don't think either one of them has an ace?? I don't mind checking and folding here, it saves you the most money. Can't win 'em all remember.

Two people called 20x the BB preflop, you don't think either one of them has an ace?? I don't mind checking and folding here, it saves you the most money. Can't win 'em all remember.
It's heads up.Check/folding is awful.
UTG raises to $8, CO folds, Button calls, Hero raises to $40, BB folds, UTG calls.Flop: A :D 8 :D A :club: ($90, 3 players)Hero ???
Is it heads up or three way? The HH dictates two different things. If it is heads up I like a $50 lead, then shutting down if he raises. Three way I still like my C/F line.
Converter error.How many people do you guys see calling the raise to $40? I see one.
Right but it doesn't say what the Button did, and the pot says there should be two players, the pot would be $130 if the button called. Then it says three players to the flop.I'm assuming its heads up b/c of the pot size, and if that is the case, I retract my C/F line.

With stack sizes, the easiest line is bet/fold.That said, we're WA/WB right here. We're not fearing the flush draw because there's only one hand (KhQh) that he coud reasonably have given those stats. Also, we're not particuarly worried about overcards. He could have AA/KK...but probably not. Therefore, we're left with something like AK/AQ/AJs/JJ/TT/99. With QQ, we've got 44% equity on that flop given that range. He's tight/passive enough that he's probably rarely calling our bet on the flop when he's behind. Therefore, the only "value" we're getting is as a "blocker" bet (making our decisions easier). If you want to try to get max value and don't mind playing a more difficult line, you can c/c down here...potentially throwing in a value bet on a later street depending on action. If I had to guess, he might take one stab here (if that) without the ace.

I'm just going to throw this donkey line out there as i know it overinflates a pot and commits us but what if we were to check raise the flop? Again i know might be kinda bad just curious about your guys' thoughts.Note: i have only done this play against a huge LAG maybe once a while back

Villain is 20/8.91/1.22No Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1/$26 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $324.55UTG+1: $200CO: $256.10Button: $335.15Hero: $194BB: $20.80Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q :D Q :club:UTG raises to $8, CO folds, Button calls, Hero raises to $40, BB folds, UTG calls, Button foldsFlop: A :D 8 :D A :D ($90, 2 players)Hero ???Bet 60 and fold to a raise? I'm lost : /
I'll address a couple things here: I think the reason everyone is saying to bet out on the flop is because this makes the hand much easier to play. If you bet and get raised, you can just fold and feel pretty comfortable that you are behind. This is very easy, but long term, I don't feel that it is the most profitable way to play. Because you are seldom getting called by a worse hand, and always getting raised/called by a better hand.I like your 3bet pf but I normally do slightly more than 3X oop and slightly less in position plus a little for any cold callers. So I would raise to 30 instead of 40. This gives you more play post flop and the ability to get away from your hand. If you raise to $40 and bet $60 on the flop, you've committed half your stack, and I'm never folding once I've committed half my stack to a pot pretty much.Ok, so you've raised and got called. Generally his range here is AK, a pocket pair or a suited connector. Since you raised so much, I would never call with a pp less than TT or a suited connector. (this is 1/2NL you know, who knows. But this is how I would think of the hand) So his range AK, maybe AQ, or a big pair. Flop comes down AAx 2 hearts. I would check, and see what he does. There is no 'value' to me in betting, other than KK folding. If he bets, I might fold, I might call depending on the player. Again, you've put SO much money in pf, that putting any more in post flop commits you imo. So I decide if I think I'm ahead, and if so, I play the hand to get him to commit his whole stack.I almost always check/call here, but the pf raise size is so large that calling and then folding when he shoves the turn is hard to justify. My ideal line is raise to 30 pf, he calls, pot is 64. Check, call a 40 bet, pot is 140. Check turn, if he shoves me in, prob fold. In my eyes, checking the flop is really scary for him. You've just 3bet him, and now you're checking. Nobody checks when they 3bet. So if he can fire 2 barrels at you, he generally has it.MarkEdit: just read Cobalt's reply, and I basically just repeated what he said.
I'm just going to throw this donkey line out there as i know it overinflates a pot and commits us but what if we were to check raise the flop? Again i know might be kinda bad just curious about your guys' thoughts.Note: i have only done this play against a huge LAG maybe once a while back
This is just turning your good hand into a bluff. Like, if you do this, it makes no difference if you have QQ or 72o. Because he either has you beat with an A, or you have him beat. (unless he actually has KK). But regardless, you can do that with any two cards, so if you're going to make a bluff like that, do it with say JTh where you have a draw and are trying to bluff him out, and if not, have some outs to the flush.Mark

Good post Mark.My limit mind looks at this and says wa/wb, but I have no idea how to apply that to NL, without getting my whole stack in probably drawing to 2 outs, lol, so I took the easy route, and bet/fold.

This is just turning your good hand into a bluff. Like, if you do this, it makes no difference if you have QQ or 72o. Because he either has you beat with an A, or you have him beat. (unless he actually has KK). But regardless, you can do that with any two cards, so if you're going to make a bluff like that, do it with say JTh where you have a draw and are trying to bluff him out, and if not, have some outs to the flush.Mark
Thanks for the insight Mark was just curious how people would interpret this line.

i like the check/call line personally, seems to me you get alot of the same information as bet/fold and it may get you to showdown against a weaker hand. If you flatcall a flop bet, it should definitely slow villain down on the turn unless he has AK or 88, then you can check/call the river or get a free showdown. why is bet/fold better than this?edit-----i guess with the stacks a river check/call would prob. be all-in, i guess you have to decide if he can fire at it again after getting called on the flop. side note - I hate the 100 big blind max buy-in standard, i think it should be 500 bb max if any max at all

But by check calling all the way down wouldn't a smart player be able to push you off your hand by making a sizable turn bet since an Ace has to at least bet the turn seeing as though board is draw heavy?
This is why LHE > NL.:club:
But by check calling all the way down wouldn't a smart player be able to push you off your hand by making a sizable turn bet since an Ace has to at least bet the turn seeing as though board is draw heavy?
It's possible, yeah...which is why the c/c line is a more "difficult" one to take. Fortunately, the stacks aren't overly deep and villain seems tight enough that it's not prohibitively difficult.
Its always hard to play any hand vs a smart player out of position, and yeah you could be forced off the winner. But you could also check/call an AK here vs a player that would put you on a big pair. So if they want to take the chance and try and shove you out, good hand for them. Most players have a hard time double barrelling in that situation.Mark
To me check calling the flop looks like a slow play with AK that alot of people make. Like Mark said, if he can double barrel, he generally has it.I vote to just spike a queen on the turn. Problem solved.