1/2 NL Live GameThe game is short handed (4 people) and very loose. The BB is the chip leader. He's LAG and known to raise it up with any two cards. Hero has a very tight table image and is considered TAG, but decided to mix it up this hand.Stack sizes:BB: $300Hero (SB): $115Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with 7c 9c UTG folds, Button folds, Hero calls, BB raises to $6, Hero callsFlop: Jd 8h 3c ($12, 2 players)Hero bets $10, BB calls.Turn: 9s ($32, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $15, Hero calls.River: 9d ($62, 2 players)Hero ????This was tough. BB does not slowplay and would have bet stronger with the straight. I was honestly putting him on 2 pair or the Jack. What's the right move here?

I probably check and see what he does. If he's as LAG as you say and "doesn't slowplay" he's making a bet here. The size of that bet will tell you if you should be raising or just flat call.

What was your reasoning for betting out of position into the aggressor with a gutterball. Even if he was loose and Laggy being out of position really compormises your hand. As played it can go a few ways. You could always min check raise and fold to a shove. I'm just not sure there is much value in a big bet on the river.Edit: I tend to agree with bdc

Is he the type to check behind on the river with a marginal hand though? I've seen lots of LAGs that will be aggressive but then check behind on the river instead of put in a marginal value bet. I would honestly lean towards leading this river unless I knew that he was aggressive on the river and is known to value bet light.

Well if he is check calling the flop and leading the turn with a weak bet its tough to say. I think he would more than likely lead the river with another weak bet or if he was tricky maybe even value push a straight/set.

Is he the type to check behind on the river with a marginal hand though? I've seen lots of LAGs that will be aggressive but then check behind on the river instead of put in a marginal value bet. I would honestly lean towards leading this river unless I knew that he was aggressive on the river and is known to value bet light.
If he'll check behind with a marginal hand, then he's NOT calling if we donk-bet in to him here either. I say let out a little length of rope and see if he hangs himself with it. I see little value in a bet here. If he's beaten, he lays it down 95% of the time.
If he'll check behind with a marginal hand, then he's NOT calling if we donk-bet in to him here either. I say let out a little length of rope and see if he hangs himself with it. I see little value in a bet here. If he's beaten, he lays it down 95% of the time.
I don't think that's necessarily true. A lot of people would check behind with a hand like J10, or 1010, but would likely call a bet if they suspected a bluff from us.
I don't think that's necessarily true. A lot of people would check behind with a hand like J10, or 1010, but would likely call a bet if they suspected a bluff from us.
Some LAGs have a tendency to become "river bet calling stations." They just can't believe they've been called down to the river, and they want to see with what. And he'll be legitimately pissed when he rolls over his JT and sees your 79

This guy was playing loose all night and raising it up with hands like 34o 46s all night. I hadn't been playing much and felt that I could force him off a hand with the right flop. I bet out on the flop hoping he would fold right there. When he called, I put him on middle pair or bottom pair. The turn paired my 9 but obviously I didn't want to bet. His bet on the turn was not strong, so I ruled out 89 or any other two pair. He isn't the type to slow play a straight so he would have bet stronger. I really felt that he bet trying to get me off whatever he thought I had. The river gave me trips and I bet out $30 to see where he was at. He raised enough to put me all in.Hero????