• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 JFarrell20

JFarrell20

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:42 AM

What is everyone's take on him? Personally, I think he's awful. Everyone talks about how he's a "dark horse" and very good and all. I think he flat out s.ucks.He also claimed his IQ was 184 on TV, while stating that he wasn't at all worried about Johnny Chan. In the same breath that he claimed that he just might win this thing (HU championship) b/c he "doesn't care about the money", and "doesn't have an ego".HA! His ego is enormous!Anyway, I find him highly annoying and highly amatuerish. I've heard he went to MIT, but I doubt his IQ is that f.ucking high.Any thoughts?

#2 whirleymob

whirleymob

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:43 AM

the guy is a huge donkey.

#3 JFarrell20

JFarrell20

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:45 AM

wow that was a fast reply.

#4 custom36

custom36

FCP Veteran, Politico

• Members
  • 16,157 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:46 AM

JFarrell20 said:

Any thoughts?
You're a douchebag. Go away.

#5 PokerFan

PokerFan

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:46 AM

These Celeb's get confused. They think since they can afford the buy in's it makes them a player, when in reality it only allows them to play..

#6 Razorbet

Razorbet

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:47 AM

I agree. I don't know how he ended up in the HU tourney. I was watching at my parents house and my dad, who knows little to nothing about poker even commented on how terrible and weak he was playing.I think the funniest part or saddest on woods' part was when Chan made a small raise preflop, Woods had Ax, and folded. Firs,t the raise wasn't that big to fold it preflop, and then he showed Chan the ace while folding. He should have just made up a sign that said "I am playing scared".

#7 dna4ever

dna4ever

The Parochial Chicken

• Members
  • 33,614 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:47 AM

whirleymob said:

the guy is a huge donkey.
Reminded me of this picturePosted Image

#8 JFarrell20

JFarrell20

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

PokerFan said:

These Celeb's get confused. They think since they can afford the buy in's it makes them a player, when in reality it only allows them to play..
Yeah they also love to say "well I'm an actor, so I think I have an advantage".LOL. Fuck you.Has anyone else on here "acted" at a live table? Cuz I know I haven't. They seem to think that tells are picked off by the way you carry yourself as opposed to your betting pattern.

#9 custom36

custom36

FCP Veteran, Politico

• Members
  • 16,157 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:51 AM

Apparently sarcasm goes over your head. He was being sarcastic when he said he'd win because he knew he didn't have a shot. But, I suppose that kinda stuff just goes over the head of an asshat such as yourself.

#10 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:52 AM

When he said all that stuff about winning during the interview, I interpreted it all as him just kidding because he knew he was outclassed. Basically, I didn't take anything he said seriously because I know he's got a sense of humor./shrug

#11 realdeal515

realdeal515

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:53 AM

I guess ill be the only one to defend Woods but i think he is a rather good player. Also i believe he graduated from MIT so i would say his IQ is up there tho i don't know what it is.

#12 walktheplank69

walktheplank69

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:54 AM

Chan had nice things to say about him... Said he was talented... Perhaps he was just being gracious.

#13 Rocketwadster

Rocketwadster

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,816 posts
  • Interests:Gambling, Sports

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:55 AM

His (James Woods) showings on all of the celebrity poker shows I have seen have been average at best. He did pull off one amazing bluff on Chan though.As far as his IQ being that high, I have heard in the past that he has a very high IQ, and I doubt that he would spout off about it if it wasn't that high.For example, my IQ is 167, but I tell people (when it comes up in conversations) that it is 147, so they don't feel too intimidated...lol :wink:

#14 Chiggleslap

Chiggleslap

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:59 AM

James Woods isn't a total donkey, but I'd gladly bet that there are more than 30 people who post in this forum that are better than him (myself included). I only have a limited amount of exposure to his play, though, so I'm probably not in the best position to judge him. I don't think he's anything special, though.

#15 Sushiman

Sushiman

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:59 AM

James Woods the actor? Is he even that rich? I know he ain't got Spiderman-type money. Maybe the guy has seen too many poker movies, where the bad guy always has some ridiculous tell that nobody but the hero can pick up on. Here's James Woods' strategy: "If Johnny Chan eats the oreo, he probably has the hand. If he doesn't, I'll win and pay off Ed Norton's debt."

#16 Sushiman

Sushiman

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:09 AM

gah double post. sry

#17 Petoria

Petoria

Forum death metal enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,448 posts
  • Interests:Boredom

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:20 AM

James Woods is very intelligent, hell he went to MIT.In terms of poker, he isnt the greatest. In his defense though, he is working very hard and that I respect.
The path
of the righteous man is beset on
all sides by the inequities of the
selfish and the tyranny of evil
men. Blessed is he who, in the
name of charity and good will,
shepherds the weak through the
valley of darkness, for he is truly
his brother's keeper and the finder
of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those
who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

#18 TJ_Eckleburg

TJ_Eckleburg

Drunken Short-handed Deepstacked NL Master

• Members
  • 4,198 posts
  • Interests:Poker, sports, music, blah blah blah

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:45 AM

Quick comment about all these super duper high IQ scores.The original IQ test was designed to be a bell-shaped distribution with 100 as the mean (average) and a standard deviation of 10. So if you have an IQ of 185, that means your z-score is +8.5, which is on the order of at least 1 in ten billion, if not greater.Whenever someone says they have an IQ over 140 I usually either don't believe them, or assume they didn't take a real IQ test.

#19 Rocketwadster

Rocketwadster

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,816 posts
  • Interests:Gambling, Sports

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:07 AM

TJ_Eckleburg said:

Quick comment about all these super duper high IQ scores.The original IQ test was designed to be a bell-shaped distribution with 100 as the mean (average) and a standard deviation of 10. So if you have an IQ of 185, that means your z-score is +8.5, which is on the order of at least 1 in ten billion, if not greater.Whenever someone says they have an IQ over 140 I usually either don't believe them, or assume they didn't take a real IQ test.
perhaps you can point us in the right direction for some "real" IQ tests, and perhaps have the forum regulars all take the same test, to see who can back up what they claim. I have great faith that I will be over the 147 that I tell people and possibly match the 167 that I am... :wink:

#20 KidLA

KidLA

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:21 AM

Jimmy is cool. I am his bartender...he's a great guy who gets hot chicks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users