sorry if I missed the thread on it, maybe there isn't one, I went back to aug '10 and found nothing hereit's in its second season. I started a few days ago and am current as of tonight's midseason finale or whatever.let me just say that season 1 was pretty awesome, while season 2 thus far has been a steaming pile. I don't tune into a zombie TV show for sobbing, emotionally distressed women, but that is literally all you get in episodes 2-7 of season 2. I'm also actually really embarrassed that I didn't see the twist at the end of tonight's episode coming from a mile away. my excuse is that I was alt-tabbed for most of the last few episodes.I almost feel bad for AMC... they already bought another season of this thing.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck.   Just use your fucking staff, which you are extremely proficient with, to, like, fucking gently push the ambling fucking mindless fucking zombie away from the guy. Why the fuck would you inst

If you didn't like last night you should stop watching the show cause it ain't getting better than that

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode, personally. Totally and completely didn't see the twist coming at the end, and I was also a little embarrassed by that fact. Farm girl is cute as hell...not even fair.

let me just say that season 1 was pretty awesome, while season 2 thus far has been a steaming pile. I don't tune into a zombie TV shows for sobbing, emotionally distressed women, but that is literally all you get in episodes 2-7 of season 2.
Concur. My biggest problem with season 2 is just the amazingly immense piles of stupidity. Like that whole scene with the well. There were so many bad decisions made throughout that scene that it literally made me angry I was still watching.

How is the kid 100% back already too? He was basically on the verge of dying and next thing you know he is up and wants to shoot guns etc.? This season has been very boring.

Concur. My biggest problem with season 2 is just the amazingly immense piles of stupidity. Like that whole scene with the well. There were so many bad decisions made throughout that scene that it literally made me angry I was still watching.
The scene with the well was pretty craptastic, I'll definitely agree. Like, instead of doing the smart thing which is closing off the well and leaving it at that, let's just skip to the worst idea humanly possible and dangle live bait with a noose.
let's just skip to the worst idea humanly possible and dangle live bait with a noose.
And that was their first idea!Why oh fucking why do you need to fish him out anyway? Are you really going to use the water that the zombie has been bathing in for weeks? I mean really? "Well, we got the zombie out. I sure could use some refreshing well water now."It's not like they didn't have four other wells that were perfectly functional and zombie-free. I imagine the writers' meeting went something like this:Writer 1: We should have a zombie stuck in the well and they have to get him out!"Writer 2: Good idea; that will take up at least 15 minutes.Writer 3: Yeah, and it will be all suspenseful and shit and someone will almost die.Writer 1: Totally, plus we can think of a new gross way to kill a zombie.Writer 2: He can tear in half and have a river of blood flow into the well!Writer 3: Nice. But then they won't have any water from now on. I don't want to deal with that in future shows.Writer 1: No problem; we'll just put in a line earlier in the show that specifically says the property has five wells.Writer 2: Bam, problem solved.Nobody, apparently: Should we review this from the beginning now?
Why oh fucking why do you need to fish him out anyway? Are you really going to use the water that the zombie has been bathing in for weeks? I mean really? "Well, we got the zombie out. I sure could use some refreshing well water now."
This was basically my entire argument as well...as if anyone is going straight for THAT well after he's out of there.Actually, now that I think about it dangling Glenn in there was their second idea. The first involved something that looked like Spam on the end of a rope.
this is a pretty perfect summary of season 2. this line made me laugh really hard:
He interrupts Hershel’s quiet lunch of potatoes and Bible study to plead his case, but the homely host wants the intruders gone, intoning, “I’ve given you safe harbor. My conscience is clear.” (Banality 15:32.)

While I have enjoyed S2 more than most of you, I won't be disagreeing with your comments on lazy writing and poor plotlines.Kind of read the Grantland article and I am disincilned to either agree or disagree with it.I will say this, however: If you are disappointed by the pacing, fewer zombie killings or whatever it is that bored you, I'm sure the producers will be happy to hear from you and your opinions. I still think it's a good show, especially if you discard your personal expectations.

The first few episodes of this season were done by one group of writers and show runners and then it was taken over by a different team once darabont was off the show. They have gradually improved through the mid season finale, so I'm cutting them slack. They aren't sticking very close to the source material, but the biggest problem with the show is everyone seems to have a misconception over what the show is about. It's not a show about zombies, it's about people dealing with their lives falling apart after an apocalyptic event (just happens to be zombies). The "walking dead" actually refers to the living, not the zombies.

The first few episodes of this season were done by one group of writers and show runners and then it was taken over by a different team once darabont was off the show. They have gradually improved through the mid season finale, so I'm cutting them slack. They aren't sticking very close to the source material, but the biggest problem with the show is everyone seems to have a misconception over what the show is about. It's not a show about zombies, it's about people dealing with their lives falling apart after an apocalyptic event (just happens to be zombies). The "walking dead" actually refers to the living, not the zombies.
Solid perspective post.
the biggest problem with the show is everyone seems to have a misconception over what the show is about.
LOL. yes, I misunderstood the title, now I get why I thought season 2 was basically unwatchable.

what if the show had been "A Walking Dead"all the promo shots are different camera angles of the same zombie getting cappedand then this single zombie gets re-killed in the first minute of the show, at which point it becomes a generic, boring sitcom

what if the show had been "A Walking Dead"all the promo shots are different camera angles of the same zombie getting cappedand then this single zombie gets re-killed in the first minute of the show, at which point it becomes a generic, boring sitcom
Couldn't be any worse than it is.Sorry, I hate this show. I enjoyed the first 5 or so eps and then I tried to watch the remaining ones about 6 different times and could never get through the 7th ep. Then I perused the comix one day and saw where the show was headed and decided to just save myself some time and use it to watch something else. Or jerk off.
the biggest problem with the show is everyone seems to have a misconception over what the show is about.
I would still say it's the rampant stupidity.And of course the show is about people dealing with an apocalyptic event. The problem is that almost all of their soul-searching conversations are the same. The people who want it to be about zombie-killing don't get enough zombie killing and the people who want it to be something more than that are being fed stupid cliches ad nauseum.Shane and the redneck are the only interesting characters. The women are awful.
Haha

i've seen all of season 1 and the last two episodes of season 2. and all i can say is the show wasnt anything groundbreaking in the begining. it was a pretty cliched zombie show to begin with. and i figured out the season finale "twist" right when they were opening the barn. not to emotional comnsideirng there was just no way that whole storyline was ending up okay.

I don't look for TV to break new ground or anything like that, I just want a show to keep my interest and entertain me. This one succeeds for me, so I keep watching. The part I'm looking forward to the most is the return of Lennie James' character...that's the only bit of cheating I did online was to make sure that he shows back up as the story moves on.

I have some of the same feelings as you guys about the show - that some of it is sloppily written, too boringly and repetitively emotional, and that they've been at the farm for too damn long. I do enjoy it though, for the most part. Anyway it's on hiatus til February. I agree that Shane and the redneck are the most interesting characters (particularly the redneck) and that the women are mostly awful (farm-girl is hawt tho), but I think the Asian kid is fairly interesting too, and that his character could go in some interesting directions (hopefully).SBriand - for what it's worth, my friend who is a big fan of the comic said that it's followed it closely at times, but that some of the recent events (and some events from season 1) aren't in the comic at all, so it might not be going in the direction you expect. I've never read any of the comic.

I think the Asian kid is fairly interesting too, and that his character could go in some interesting directions (hopefully).
I think the Asian kid is likable, which isn't exactly the same thing as interesting. But likable is needed in this show because he might be the only one with that trait.Also, I have a question about feeding chickens to the zombies. Can you starve a zombie? I don't think that one hanging in the tree was eating much. Seems like a waste of chickens.Oh, and another thing, at some point shouldn't somebody suggest that they just go ahead and take everything from the pharmacy instead of making repeated trips on an as needed basis?