Hand leaves me kind of puzzled as to what should be the right action PF. The reraiser seemed like a standard TAG doing nothing out of line. Shortie seemed donkish. Do i 4 bet, call or fold ? PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com891485.gifsaw flopUTG ($39.65)MP1 ($9.25)MP2 ($50)CO ($10.50)Button ($50.45)Hero (SB) ($50.25)BB ($10.40)891485.gifPreflop: Hero is SB with Qdiamond.gif, Qspade.gif1 fold, MP1 bets $2, MP2 raises to $5.50, 2 folds, Hero ??? ,

smooth call and see the flop is what i would do... look for the set or all low cards but still be scared of aces or kings....
i dont really prefer smooth calling OOP ... i prefer a 4 bet and maybe fold to a 5 bet/shove... depending on reads and suchbut i have been known to donk off with QQ
cold call the three bet just like you would with AA/KK and proceed with caution
i dont think i have ever called a 3 bet with AA or KK... i might should learn that play

4-bet to $18

i dont think i have ever called a 3 bet with AA or KK... i might should learn that play
There's no real answer on how to play hands. Each hand is unique and should be played induvidually depending on the situation. Just don't fold it!!
i dont really prefer smooth calling OOP ... i prefer a 4 bet and maybe fold to a 5 bet/shove... depending on reads and suchbut i have been known to donk off with QQ
hahahaha thats funny... damm donk with queens lol jk

depending on how tight villain is, 4 bet or cold call but both are risky, void of reads I 4 bet

Just the opposite for me. Void of reads I flat... the 3bet came right after the PFR, still from EP/MP, and was not large, meaning he wants the original raiser to stick around. This smacks of AA/KK/AK and nothing wider... so flat and eval the flop - we're getting odds to set mine here.

Just the opposite for me. Void of reads I flat... the 3bet came right after the PFR, still from EP/MP, and was not large, meaning he wants the original raiser to stick around. This smacks of AA/KK/AK and nothing wider... so flat and eval the flop - we're getting odds to set mine here.
say the original raiser was a fish... u wouldnt 3 bet with JJ or 1010 there in the 3 bet spot.... its hard to say that its AA/KK/AK and nothing wider...
say the original raiser was a fish... u wouldnt 3 bet with JJ or 1010 there in the 3 bet spot.... its hard to say that its AA/KK/AK and nothing wider...
Yeah i agree on this, i thought he could have like TT-JJ and AQ/AK trying to isolate the donk shorstack. So i went ahead and 4 bet to 14. Both players folded
This is why I hate FR cash, but no, I usually don't 3bet JJ/TT EP to an UTG opener. That might be a leak. Even if it isn't only AA/KK/AK, I'm not sure I see the value in a 4bet. Is villain going to call with JJ-99? Probably not. He's more likely to 5bet bluff us with those hands than he is to flat, and we might have to fold the best hand. So we're folding out the worst hands, and only getting called/raised by hands that crush us, or that are flipping with position. And we're certainly not going to stack a villain who flats our 4bet with AK, aside from some miracle flop like QKK. Maybe some more dedicated FR regs can help me out with this, but I'm really not seeing much value in anything other than a call here.
Hand leaves me kind of puzzled as to what should be the right action PF. The reraiser seemed like a standard TAG doing nothing out of line. Shortie seemed donkish. Do i 4 bet, call or fold ? PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com891485.gifsaw flopUTG ($39.65)MP1 ($9.25)MP2 ($50)CO ($10.50)Button ($50.45)Hero (SB) ($50.25)BB ($10.40)891485.gifPreflop: Hero is SB with Qdiamond.gif, Qspade.gif1 fold, MP1 bets $2, MP2 raises to $5.50, 2 folds, Hero ??? ,
Smooth call and value own MP2 a non-A flop because he's the one with $.

smooth calling also allows mp1 to call pretty much any decent holding/suited connectors/midpair.... the flop comes J 10 7.... then were like wtf OOP....another reason i dont like smooth calling4 bet to $15 and if MP2 shoves prolly fold.... thats my line.EDIT: if i did have AA or KK i could understand flatting and have MP1 shove then MP2 calls and we reshove.

I would feel fairly confident that the 3 bettor felt like his raise would most likely result in a heads up match up him vs the original raiser who has stack size of 9.25. His raise was to 5.50 so it pretty much forces the original raiser to make a commitment to the hand preflop. That being said I feel like his range could be 99-AA, AK, AQ, and maybe KQs. I feel like we'd fair pretty well versus this range so I'd stick the 4th bet in there. The problem is we are out of position, but I feel as though we have to give the 3 bettor a chance to fold his hand here. Same token, I never play no limit very often so my advice is probably not very good.
I would feel fairly confident that the 3 bettor felt like his raise would most likely result in a heads up match up him vs the original raiser who has stack size of 9.25. His raise was to 5.50 so it pretty much forces the original raiser to make a commitment to the hand preflop. That being said I feel like his range could be 99-AA, AK, AQ, and maybe KQs.
I agree with this part, but that what's make me hesitant to 4bet with, well, anything.Think about how the likely action will go. Sure, we will get outflopped sometimes, but we also do a great job of committing nearly every worse hand on almost every flop. We also draw extra $ in.As far as the other comment went about set mining, you'll nearly never have the correct odds to set mine by cold calling a three bet. Your hand has to have some large immediate showdown value to play against a 3bet when you have yet to enter the pot. The reason for this isa) You will not stack the other person every time you hit a set, and getting 10:1, you would have to get them all in on the flop every single time you hit a setb ) The pot can be re-opened, which shoots a) to hell even if you somehow manage it.Droberts, I don't recommend starting to just flat 3bets with high pairs in situations where you have entered the pot already... just in situations where you are facing a 3bet cold.
i kno its not... thats why i laughed cuz he said he does
stfushow me ONE HH where u dumped QQ preflop.
stfushow me ONE HH where u dumped QQ preflop.
You don't fold queens on flop to a raise like this, you just don't. Viva, if you've folded queens here that's a leak I'd try to fix asap.

Villain is 6/6 over 110 hands, first 4 bet that I noticed...feral_cow_icon.gifv1.08Moooooooooooraaawwwr.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 8 playersUTG+1 blokkak47: $1.00 MP scotto9593: $2.02 HJ gatubelinha: $6.26 CO dumb cow: $2.00 Button Papa1245: $7.78 BB eFrisbee: $2.10 UTG Hero: $5.00 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with Qc.gifQh.gif (8 players)2 folds, gatubelinha raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, gatubelinha raises to $1.35, Hero foldsgatubelinha won $1.27(Rake: $0)