Official English Premier League Thread

English Premiership has started.Chelsea has already lost to Liverpool, but they never beat liverpool. I'm pulling for Newcastle. This saturday should say alot.What're your thoughts?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulling for Fulham obviously but I am a realist and know they won't crack the top 5. I was watching the EPL Preview Show last night on FSC and am curious to see how the Spurs do and also Portsmouth. If I had to pick I would say this is Liverpools year with Chelsea close behind.

Liverpool already throw away two points that they're going to need somewhere down the line. And look like they've lost Riise for a while too.
Yeah, we can't be giving away points like this. Not with the way Chelsea looked and they were without Joe Cole and Ballack. It is not going to be easy for anyone to stop Chelsea from winning thier third in a row.

Liverpool are always listless at the beginning of the season. I'm still picking them to win it b/c I don't think the other teams will be able to hold them off afterwards.Interesting bits from the weekend:Bolton big: they're probably going to have another consistent season. Not a good start for Tottenham.Reading! Reading! Reading! Stop giving up stupid goals and we finish in the top 1/2!Chelsea is so stacked their bench would probably finish top 6.Man U looked great with Rooney. Minus Rooney for the next three: good luck.Newcastle wasn't convincing, but, unlike last season, they found a way to win against an inferior team.The forward for Watford that scored, forget-his-name will get picked up by a top 6 club after this season.

I totally missed the Reading game. Looks like it was a good one.I though Newcastle looked good. There were definately times where they looked lost but pulled it out in the end. Caught something on picking up some Martin guy who should help out. Don't know if that has been confirmed.Fulham got their a.ss handed to them. Sheesh, I knew ManU would prevail but not like that. Though good to see Rooney and Ronaldo settle their differences. Looked like they had fun out there together.Why is Rooney out the next 3 games?How many points did you get so far Donk? I have 60. Wished I didn't sit Rooney out. :club:

Why is Rooney out the next 3 games?
He and Scholes both picked up reds in a pre-season "friendly". The automatic suspensions carry over to league games. I think they got to play the first game because of the time they had to appeal or something.
Liverpool are always listless at the beginning of the season. I'm still picking them to win it b/c I don't think the other teams will be able to hold them off afterwards.Man U looked great with Rooney. Minus Rooney for the next three: good luck.
lol at both of these. Liverp**l aren't going to win the league and ManU will finish above them again. Picking up Kuyt was good, but Bellamy is the definition of streaky and other then Carragher and Gerrard, they posses little in the way of top class talent. ManU will be fine w/o Rooney and scholes. Its not like we don't have Rossi and Saha to play along with ROnaldo, Giggs, Carrick, Van Der Saar, Rio, O'Shea, Neville, and Keiran RIchardson. Way too much talent to struggle even without rooney and scholes
I totally missed the Reading game. Looks like it was a good one.I though Newcastle looked good. There were definately times where they looked lost but pulled it out in the end. Caught something on picking up some Martin guy who should help out. Don't know if that has been confirmed.Fulham got their a.ss handed to them. Sheesh, I knew ManU would prevail but not like that. Though good to see Rooney and Ronaldo settle their differences. Looked like they had fun out there together.Why is Rooney out the next 3 games?How many points did you get so far Donk? I have 60. Wished I didn't sit Rooney out. :club:
I know! I sat Rooney too and he plays?? ugh. I got 48, and i took a minus 4 when i let go Lua Lua and replaced him with that Kirsten guy from reading.
lol at both of these. Liverp**l aren't going to win the league and ManU will finish above them again. Picking up Kuyt was good, but Bellamy is the definition of streaky and other then Carragher and Gerrard, they posses little in the way of top class talent. ManU will be fine w/o Rooney and scholes. Its not like we don't have Rossi and Saha to play along with ROnaldo, Giggs, Carrick, Van Der Saar, Rio, O'Shea, Neville, and Keiran RIchardson. Way too much talent to struggle even without rooney and scholes
Good luck.
Giggs--oldCarrick--overratedO'Shea--crapRichardson--crapMan U will struggle just like Liverpool and my Arsenal.PS thanks Boro for sticking it to Chelski.

Ugh, this past week destroyed my pool AND my fantasy stats. No one showed up to play except Man U. My Reading did until they got knocked down to 10-men. Blah. It's going to be a very difficult season to predict.

PS thanks Boro for sticking it to Chelski.
Yep, didn't see that one coming. And now they've got Barca in the Champs League group stage (and a tough Werder Bremen). Mourinho's gonna be pissed.
Yep, didn't see that one coming. And now they've got Barca in the Champs League group stage (and a tough Werder Bremen). Mourinho's gonna be pissed.
Yeah, but when isn't he pissed?You know what really grinds my gears? The fact that those cheats from Milan got the easiest group.
Giggs--oldCarrick--overratedO'Shea--crapRichardson--crapMan U will struggle just like Liverpool and my Arsenal.PS thanks Boro for sticking it to Chelski.
lol. Have u ever watched richardson, and O Shea was played OOP the entire year last year. Carrick will also be a wonderful addition to the squad

Did anyone see that elbow that Thatcher (Man City) put on Perdro Mendes (Spurs) the other day. Damn that was sick. Guess Man City suspended him for it but the league has had no reaction to it yet. Can't believe he only got a yellow for it in the first place.

Did anyone see that elbow that Thatcher (Man City) put on Perdro Mendes (Spurs) the other day. Damn that was sick. Guess Man City suspended him for it but the league has had no reaction to it yet. Can't believe he only got a yellow for it in the first place.
Probably one of the most vicious things I've ever seen on a pitch. Here's the youtube link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTRaS7ffyWgThe Premier League may not be able to suspend him because he was only given a yellow card. He was disciplined on the pitch, so they technically can't use replay.
what's nuts is if you watch it closely Mendes is KOd before he hit the ground

So what have we learned thus far in the season:Manchester United doesn't seem to be missing Ruud (or Scholes and Rooney, for the time being).Chelsea isn't unbeatable, but after the Blackburn game is rounding into form.Liverpool is looking much like they have in other years: inconsistent but able to do just enough when the moment calls for it. Squeaked by Maccabi Haifa. Looked pretty good against West Ham. Arsenal seem to have some issues. At least they made it into the group stage of Champs League.Spurs are in a real mess. Losing to ten-man Everton (my choice to have a real bounce-back season). Villa are also looking very solid. The appointment of Martin O'Neill and the stability of new ownership seem to have helped the team on the pitch. Newcastle on the other hand looks to be in a bit of a mess again. Sign a new striker (Obafemi Martins) and he goes out and gets hurt in his first match. I'm interested to see how 'boro does tomorrow. See if they look like the side that beat Chelsea or the side that lost to Reading.