2012 London Olympics

The opening ceremonies begin later today which means 3 weeks of solid Olympic coverage and that I can care about Kayaking and the Shot Put for a couple weeks.Here's hoping that everything is safe.

So far The Queen and James Bond parachuting together and a Mr Bean sighting.Okay I didn't have The Sex Pistol's music being played in the pool.

I really enjoyed some parts of the opening ceremonies, particularly the industrial revolution/WW1 tribute part. But they need to stop trotting out these 1960's stars out for big events. Paul Mccartney can barely sing anymore, and he looks like my grandpa. His lips are god damn old man purple! These singing corpses tilt me more and more with each passing year.

I really enjoyed some parts of the opening ceremonies, particularly the industrial revolution/WW1 tribute part. But they need to stop trotting out these 1960's stars out for big events. Paul Mccartney can barely sing anymore, and he looks like my grandpa. His lips are god damn old man purple! These singing corpses tilt me more and more with each passing year.
I find the 70 year old face with the 25 year old's hair really creepy.

is it weird i don't give a shit about the olympics. nothing about it, besides watching the best nba players is interesting to me. and if they go 23U in basketball that will end that.

I like the MSNBC sports, like fencing and handball. The only sports I'm interested in are the ones I never see any other time of the year. track and swimming can go spit
Agree completely. I was loving that fencing gold medal bout. I also loved the 16 year old ping pong chick from the US. She's awesome.
Agree completely. I was loving that fencing gold medal bout. I also loved the 16 year old ping pong chick from the US. She's awesome.
Her match against the world #2 from China was awesome. And it's TABLE TENNIS, dog.

The NBC Delayed parody account is pretty goodhttps://twitter.com/NBCDelayedNBC Delayed@NBCDelayedBREAKING: Dewey defeats Truman in landslide.NBC Delayed@NBCDelayedCORRECTION: Dewey doesn't defeat Truman, Truman re-elected President.NBC Delayed@NBCDelayedGreat Britain wins gold in Tug of War, event to be discontinued at Olympics #Antwerp1920

I understand how tough water polo is, but it is a really goofy looking sport. Especially when they're trying to fake out the goalie by waving the ball around in the air like a maniac.

Was an exciting US - Canada women's soccer semi.Too bad the ref was openly cheating worse than an NBA ref after a pep talk from David Stern.Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNICI've covered exactly two soccer events. This looks like cheating.

Was an exciting US - Canada women's soccer semi.Too bad the ref was openly cheating worse than an NBA ref after a pep talk from David Stern.Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNICI've covered exactly two soccer events. This looks like cheating.
netw3rk@netw3rk I guess I'd feel worse if international soccer had an illustrious history of competent officiating.That was a really exciting game though.
Crazy drama in the game though. Amazing game to watch
For sure.Football officiating is so corrupt that any time there are controversial calls you have to suspect cheating which really sucks given how hard all the women on both teams played.

Frank Isola@FisolaNYDNDavid Stern and the NBA league office will issue a statement later today on the officiating of today's U.S.-Canada women's soccer match.