• Please log in to reply
264120 replies to this topic

#263961 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,558 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 23 May 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

yeah, my phone is on silent 90 percent of the time. but i do use the guitar solo from stairway to heaven as my ringtone. it's pretty boss. i used to use the last of the mohicans theme which is the GOAT ringtone, but i can't find the right version on iTunes anymore, which is disappointing.

Just tell me which song and which part and I'll make it for you.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#263962 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,167 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:09 AM

i didn't know about the long torso. now i'm picturing you something like shawn bradley. maybe a pair of those oversized sunglasses that even make sure no light comes in the side.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#263963 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,558 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:23 AM

View PostNapa Lite, on 24 May 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

If anybody with a Costco membership has been wondering what to get me for a house warming gift, the silver Nest 3rd gen thermostat is $150. I'd even forward any energy rebates on to you as well as access to the VIP lounge at #RibFest.

Oh man, VIP!?

View PostBigDMcGee, on 23 May 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

I have a Toyota Avalon, and let me tell you, if you have a long torso and a large head, it's a perfect car.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up on the Avalon. I'm always on the lookout for a car that fits well. How tall are you? I'm 6'6", and so foreign cars are usually a big problem. Do the front seats go way back?

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#263964 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,167 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:29 AM

View Postbrvheart, on 25 May 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

Just tell me which song and which part and I'll make it for you.

that is quite generous, my friend, but at this point in my life a custom ringtone isn't a top priority. now if you could design me a woman on your computer and bring her to life weird science style that would be great.

took the day off, if i didn't tell you bastards already. nice little four day weekend and that aint half bad. i don't have any thing to do, of course, but at least i don't have to work.

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#263965 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,926 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:21 AM

Well, offers off the table now because loweís dropped the nest to $150 + a google home mini so I just bought one and will return it if the house falls through or if they release gen4 with a lot of cool new features or something.

#263966 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:36 AM

I lied. They cancelled my order. The light has gone from my life.

#263967 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:08 AM

Seen quite a few deals on nests. I want one, but I don’t want to screw with installing it, and it would probably hurt the value of my condo. I will definitely end up selling this place to an old person.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#263968 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,926 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, it makes me think that a 4th gen is coming soon with all the sales but for the most part they havenít been better than Black Friday last year.

Also, theyíre super easy to install, you probably get a rebate from your utilities, you can always just replace it with the old one if youíre going to sell, and it will probably save you money since you live by yourself and I assume youíre schedule is pretty consistent.

#263969 Napa Lite

Napa Lite

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,926 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:18 AM

$1,100 SA

https://m.ebay.com/i...pid=25019029309

#263970 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:17 AM

View PostNapa Lite, on 26 May 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Yeah, it makes me think that a 4th gen is coming soon with all the sales but for the most part they haven’t been better than Black Friday last year.

Also, they’re super easy to install, you probably get a rebate from your utilities, you can always just replace it with the old one if you’re going to sell, and it will probably save you money since you live by yourself and I assume you’re schedule is pretty consistent.
I don’t have the third wire or whatever. I would have to install a new plate etc. all for something I definitely don’t need. It would just be nice to be able to tell google to adjust the temp.
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#263971 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,167 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

View PostNapa Lite, on 26 May 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

i made the mistake of telling my father i was planning to buy a new tv and he reminded me that the prudent move would be to use this excess cash to pay down the loan on my car. so i shipped some cash to US BANK this morning.

i did, on the other hand, increase my max bid on a 1952 Bowman Stan Musial EX 5. this card has eluded me in many an auction, and i'm tired of losing out for being unwilling to go above 150. absolutely beautiful card. i have some other bids in for a couple of t206's and i should win those as well.

Spoiler

#263972 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,149 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

Funny ketchup. Good work by all

I got nothing much to offer. Took a new job out of the branch, finally. Now a bsa analyst. Itís kind of some of your dream jobs, minus the salary. I have a cube, can work with ear buds in. I get a spreadsheet report with most of my work on it every morning. Itís enough to keep me busy all day. Too busy. No more screwing around half the day. I can kind of come and go as I please. Anywhere from 7:45-9am and as long as I get my 8hrs in and get my work done, iím good. Wouldnít mind working one day from home. Weíll see.

My phone doesnít ring and nobody talks to me. Itís a new feeling, but so far, so good.

Still doing lots of work at the new house. Coming together nicely
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#263973 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

Good to hear. You sounded miserable in sales.

#263974 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 33,149 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

View PostInternetExplorer, on 26 May 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

Good to hear. You sounded miserable in sales.

You ainít lyin, Brian

This place had been good for the 3.5 years I worked here, but we just got bought and it was gonna get real, so iím Glad I got a chance to make a move. Still a 10 minute commute, work in a nice little downtown area with lots of bars, breweries and restaurants All good. 2018 has been good to ole Ron so far
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#263975 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,707 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:53 PM

Way to go, Ronald. Not having to talk to anyone sounds nice.

#263976 Napa_Don

Napa_Don

I'm Your Huckleberry

• Members
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

Just FYI, you don't need the "3rd" © wire for the nest thermostat but it sounds like you don't want to purchase it, regardless.

#263977 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:01 AM

I want to. I am guessing I could get a rebate, too. I will investigate after I am done with this crush of projects I want to get done before review season.

#263978 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

IoT sucks. Don't do it until manufacturer's get serious about securing all this bullshit or at least adopting a reasonable firmware/software update schedule. Basically what you are doing is buying a fancy way to lock your doors that open other, more exploitable doors for thieves to get your money. The IoT is the achilles heel of home network security. Don't even get me started on the corporate big brother angle. I have 3 "smart" tvs not a single one hooked up to any network. I only bought the network capable models because of price and availability. Nigh impossible to find a high quality dumb tv anymore. NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#263979 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,887 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 25 May 2018 - 05:23 AM, said:

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up on the Avalon. I'm always on the lookout for a car that fits well. How tall are you? I'm 6'6", and so foreign cars are usually a big problem. Do the front seats go way back?

I'm 6'5, but my legs aren't really that long, it's my torso/head that's the issue, but I have plenty of room driving, and there's plenty of room in the back seat for even tall people to sit behind me. Honestly, I've never been in a car that wasn't made in the 70's, that had so much interior room.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#263980 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

I have a bunch of Chinese smart plugs that I will be replacing eventually. I am sure they will never be patched for the most recent WPA2 vulnerabilities. I am pretty sure the rest of my hardware (chrome cast, google WiFi, Apple TV, etc) will be fine.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users