Announcing The New Negreanu Open Mixed League Tournament

OK – many of you asked for it so here you go ….I am starting a new Negreanu Open league that will run completely separate from the regular Wednesday night Negreanu Open.This league will consist of a rotating mix of different games played every Tuesday night at 21:00 (9:00 EDT) on Fullcontactpoker. The buy in will remain $10+$1.There will be a totally separate leaderboard for these games so all points, prizes, etc will be independent of the Wednesday night games. If you are not familiar with the Wednesday night Negreanu Open games see this thread … http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=43625 or visit the Official website at http://www.negreanuopen.comThese games will begin on Tuesday October 3rd and run for 12 weeks rotating the following 6 games:Tuesday October 3rd – Limit Omaha 8 (edited from PL)Tuesday October 10th – Limit StudTuesday October 17th – PL Hold EmTuesday October 24th – PL OmahaTuesday October 31st – NL 5 Card DrawTuesday November 7th – NL Hold EmTuesday November 14h – PL Omaha 8Tuesday November 21st – Limit StudTuesday November 28th – PL Hold EmTuesday December 5th – PL OmahaTuesday December 12th – NL 5 Card DrawTuesday December 19th – NL Hold Em(Note the leaderboard period ends on the 19th and there is not a Dec 26th game due to the Holidays)All the games will have 1500 starting chips and 15 minute blind levels.The tournaments will be found in the main Tournaments lobby and will be labeled “Negreanu Open Mixed”. Registration for each event will begin 3 Days (72 hours) before the event begins. It is important to note that you will only be able to access, register, and play in these tournaments through the FCP skin as none of the other Poker Room skins will have access to these tournaments. As always there will be a leader board website that I will maintain (with the help of dabluebery and his most excellent Excel skillz). I will provide the new leader board website URL when the site is ready. Points will be earned for every tournament played based on the standard TLB formula which is: Points = 10 * [sqrt(n)/sqrt(k)] * [1+log(b+0.25)] Where: n is the number of entrants k is the place of finish (k=1 for the first-place finisher, and so on) b is the buy-in amount in dollars (excluding administrative fee) which is $10 in all of these tournaments At the end of every leader board period the Top 9 FCP’ers with the most cumulative points will get 5000 FCP Points added to their FCP account which can be used for any item in the FCP store.In ADDITION to getting your choice of the above prizes you will also gain entry into a 10 person SnG Freeroll where Daniel will be filling in 10th spot! The SnG also pays a winner take all $200 cash prize. The championship SnG will be Limit Omaha 8In keeping with the tradition of the Wednesday night events we are keeping the same weekly incentives to play.1st place each week will receive an additional $50 in FCP Free Bonus Money. 2nd place each week will receive an additional $30 in FCP Free Bonus Money 3rd place each week will receive an additional $20 in FCP Free Bonus Money ALSO in addition to everything above everyone who plays in that weeks tournament gets their name thrown into a random drawing for 2500 FCP Points. Notice this is different from the hat/shirt we were offering since we have had a few logistical and timeliness issues. This way you can buy whatever you want including a FCP Shirt or Hat and it will be shipped direct to you from the store. You could finish in last place, middle of the road, etc and still win this prize. Again there will be a full website up in a week or so that will have full details including a FAQ page. I will put that link here when it’s ready. If there are any questions please feel free to post them here. I will be pinning this thread in the FCP Leagues section soon, but leaving it in general for some exposure for now.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks AMAZING!! Great job DnA, I really hope I get off of work early enough so I can start playing in these.Thanks for setting this up!
Agreed... but is the game selection set in stone??? Why no Limit Omaha 8 or Stud 8? Just curious???

Start later and I will be in for sure! The only reason I have never played the NegO is I don't get home from work on time. I would love to donate money to you guys.

Agreed... but is the game selection set in stone??? Why no Limit Omaha 8 or Stud 8? Just curious???
At the moment we can't set up a Stud 8 or better tournament so it isn't an option.
To be honest I wanted Stud 8, but the way the Ongame software does not allow us to set up Stud 8 tournies.Limit Omaha is meh!The only other game that I contemplated was Limit Hold Em, but those tournies are so slow and boring and become fairly crap shootish towards the end so we went with PL HE instead.This is a 'first run' of the Mixed League and will run for 1 quarter with no huge GRAND PRIZE. I will evaulate feedback from everyone after this quarter and we will hopefully iron out any bugs, implement suggestions, etc for a full blown 2007 season.
Start later and I will be in for sure! The only reason I have never played the NegO is I don't get home from work on time. I would love to donate money to you guys.
Yea sorry man, I understand. Its tough to accomodate everyone for a specific day or time. 9:00 is already pretty late for those on the east coast for these things that run til midnight or so. We have found it's the best possible compromise time for all the time zones.
To be honest I wanted Stud 8, but the way the Ongame software does not allow us to set up Stud 8 tournies.Limit Omaha is meh!
Different strokes for different folks... I think PL Omaha8 is very meh. I'll be there every week though.
Different strokes for different folks... I think PL Omaha8 is very meh. I'll be there every week though.
maybe i should give it more of a chance.I have never played NL 5 Card Draw in my life, that will be interesting.
maybe i should give it more of a chance.I have never played NL 5 Card Draw in my life, that will be interesting.
At first seeing that, I thought why the hell 5 card draw, but thinking about it more, I think it would be cool to have a game where most people aren't going to know how to play it well anyway.
Too bad stud8 isn't in the mix.Any chance to have the buyin doubled? Maybe after the first quarter.Thanks for taking the time to do this DNA.
Always a chance. I expect the people that play this tournament will be hardcore poker fans and there wont be much difference between $10 or $20. I'm estimating 1/3 to 1/2 the participation in this league compared to the Wednesday NL league which will make the prizes that much 'easier' for everyone else.Lets see how this quarter goes then maybe we can do a poll or something.
Always a chance. I expect the people that play this tournament will be hardcore poker fans and there wont be much difference between $10 or $20. I'm estimating 1/3 to 1/2 the participation in this league compared to the Wednesday NL league which will make the prizes that much 'easier' for everyone else.Lets see how this quarter goes then maybe we can do a poll or something.
I'm good at polls.

This looks awesome.. Good work guys.. I'll definately be in on this

I was wondering that myself...
Limit Omaha is meh!
BROCCOLI~!I would've like to see LHE as well, but I agree that Limit tourneys get a bit wacky towards the end..
(Note the leaderboard period ends on the 19th and there is not a Dec 26th game due to the Holidays)
1st... As always, I big thank you to DNA... you're awesome.2nd... Why no tourny on the 26th? Holidays are when I have the most free time! Please reconsider.
The buy in will remain $10+$1.
Thank you for this.
Too bad stud8 isn't in the mix.
QFT... stupid ongame.