nl, actuary again,,, qj sooted, mp3

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxUTG ($30.55)UTG+1 ($24.75)MP1 ($25)MP2 ($26.85)Actuary ($22.15)CO ($50.65)Button ($5.75)SB ($43.65)BB ($21.95)Preflop: Actuary is MP3 with J:spade:, Q:spade:. MP1 posts a blind of $0.25. SB posts a blind of $0.10. 2 folds, BB calls $0.25.As I get more experience, I could see raising to buy the button here. But for now, tend to wait for a good flop.Flop: ($2.10) T:spade:, 2:club:, Q:heart: (4 players)BB checks, MP1 bets $4, Button folds, BB folds, MP1 calls $4.Turn: ($18.10) K:spade: (2 players)MP1 checks, Actuary moves all in $13.65....i'm leaving other comments out because I'd rather not bias anyone nor demonstrate my ignorance!Please crtique.

Are you out of your fcking mind?You really are out of your fcking mind!!!Nice hand, good bet, you did well son, keep up the good work, thata boy, nice raise ace, way to go sport.HAHAHA..... .25 night at the bowling alley with $1.00 beers is the fcking best!!!1111lollolROTFLMAOOMGBBQ~~

actuary, reads matter.aseem
aseem, reading matters. He's a poster. 1st hand.Actuary.ps: Unless you mean the Button and BB, but I doubt you do.
haha! touché...i'm still thinking about it.just a question for you, why were you pushing the turn?semi-bluff? if so, what hands do you expect villian to fold that you're NOT ahead of?protection? yes, i can understand this.i like it so far, but still thinking.aseem

here's my newbie thinking:He min raised pf: so he's weird. :-) 1. Clueless player ? or..2. Figures he'll build a pot to take later when he can over bet flop? or..3. Hoping to get a re-raise to push his big PP...on flop his big bet made me think he's that type of player that comes in and plays their first hand strong "to set an image" and was simply trying to buy a pot he inflated pre flop. Or, he has a strong PP and was willing to risk letting other in cheaply before taking it down on the flop (really dumb, I think)anyway..I decide that his bet is awefully high on a rainbow flop, albeit with two broadway cards. He just smelled of an over-aggressive bully. So, what do I do: Reraise to isolate and protect my top pair. (I"m just pretending to have a better read..play along!)I actually jsut min-raised :club:; but folding the other hands was a priority and my stack was hardly deep enough to make another move. If I raise to 12, I'm pot commited. Almost am anyway..crazt how 100BB's can go so fast.Now if he pushes here on the flop...I would be getting 2:1.... I'd figure 7 outs, generoulsy..and cant call. Giving him credit for AA/KK played sneaky (stupid, imo) or a flopped set he over bet hoping to get a dope like me to play.Once he just calls and then checks the turn...he is either very strong or very weak. I say possibly very strong because he is letting me draw for free (trap maybe); but I lean towards thinking he not strong:1. No paired board..he cant be that strong2. I have one of the Q's for a possibel Top Set counterfeit3. He would likly try to take the pot now given its size relative to my remainnig chips. So.. I push:1. Pot nice now, my best chance to win it.2. While I may have up to 20 outs, or be ahead already, I don't want to have to call a big river bet UI, if I check here. Fold equity + having enough outs to get better than 2:1 if he does call.

yep, i like it.the min-raise isn't too bad, even though its a min-raise. it is for such a large % of your stacks, that he should certainly fold a lot of hands.not sure about pushing all-in on the turn, but it'd be hard for you to bet less. if you think he'll call, i think you push here, since he is likely drawing to 1-2 outs. if not though, i think you can bet less here, say $6-7 since you likely have a big equity advantage.all this is based on his min-raising his posting hand, which makes me assume he is a donk. if you are afraid he is a good player, your strategy might change.

Moving into early position, he'll raise a wider variety of hands, and AT is probably your most likely.As far as his min-raise - without knowing anything you can't say/conclude anything...some people just plain min-raise preflop - they either limp/fold/min-raise with any raisable hand so it probably doesn't tell you anything. Many people, when they raise PF, raise the same amount every time, and some of those people min-raise every time.For your move, I may reraise to $1 to take the button, and maybe even take the small pot right then and there, but calling isn't bad either - you can take the button on the flop if he doesn't fold PF.On the flop - is he overbetting a set to protect against a straight, or is he betting a straight draw hoping to get a free card OOP? Or did he hit AQ? Or is just his standard continuation raise with AJ? You don't know, and I think you have to raise, like you did, but don't min-raise - is this a value bet, or protection? Because you're not protecting anything...a bigger raise will better define your oppoonent's hand, and may give you the pot at that point...maybe closer to $12....yeah, you're pot committed...oh well - your min-raise doesn't protect you and doesn't give you much information (though I'd say you may have ruled out a set)....you may be better off calling than min-raising.On the turn, yeah, I push here and hope I'm right about AT, and not wrong with it being KT. You got fold equity, and you've got outs, and you may be winning.

I like it. Semi bluff here is good. Either you take down the pot if the K is a scare card for him, or if he does have you beat you still have outs. I'd rather push than be faced with a difficult decision if he pushes. Since you posted this hand I'm guessing he had K-Q or A-J, but I still like your play.

Since you posted this hand I'm guessing he had K-Q or A-J, but I still like your play.
please. actuary is one of the most objective posters there is; he wouldn't post this only if he lost against K-Q or A-J.aseem
Since you posted this hand I'm guessing he had K-Q or A-J, but I still like your play.
please. actuary is one of the most objective posters there is; he wouldn't post this only if he lost against K-Q or A-J.aseem
Sorry, my bad. I meant no offence actuary.
no need to apologize, i wasn't attacking you.aseem
no offense taken, of course I know you ddin't mean anything by it. Plus I cant be offended by people I could care less about. ( sw )but on a separate note, thanks Aseem. I try to be and it's good to be noticed. :-) ok..results:He folded. So I was probably ahead and had a better made hand already... but I"m glad to take the pot right there.
I know, but after I read it I realized that it was generalizing, and I should have considered the OP. That's why I apologized. I actually appreciate your comment aseem.If it was me posting the hand it would be because I was beaten when my hand didn't improve against K-Q or A-J. If I still thought I made a good play (which I think actuary did) I might want additional feedback. Obviously more veteran players/posters would post a wider variety of hands for different reasons.