did i make it too easy for him?

I'm monk... I have KK here.Texas Hold'em $4-$4 NL (real money), #1,359,078,115Table South Bend, 13 Oct 2005 3:42 PM ETSeat 1: molloyfats ($400.40 in chips)Seat 2: tvshowap ($247.70 in chips)Seat 3: VA-rake ($119.50 in chips)Seat 4: 111icit ($312.40 in chips)Seat 5: monk... ($417.40 in chips)Seat 6: crje ($348.80 in chips)Seat 7: tjyven75 ($206.40 in chips)Seat 8: arnedo ($487 in chips)Seat 9: ironbeaver1 ($349 in chips)Seat 10: Ricco88 ($400.40 in chips)ANTES/BLINDScrje posts blind ($2), tjyven75 posts blind ($4).PRE-FLOParnedo folds, ironbeaver1 folds, Ricco88 folds, molloyfats calls $4, tvshowap calls $4, VA-rake folds, 111icit bets $12, monk... bets $27, crje folds, tjyven75 folds, molloyfats calls $23, tvshowap folds, 111icit calls $15.FLOP [board cards 9D,9H,2H ]molloyfats checks, 111icit checks, monk... bets $45, molloyfats folds, 111icit bets $90, monk... bets $345.40 and is all-in, 111icit folds.SHOWDOWNmonk... wins $568.40.

1. take out results.2. your preflop raise was too small. make it pot-sized, but preferably more. i'd raise to $40ish.3. your flop push was terrible. how often is a worse hand calling that push? how often is a better hand NOT calling that push? you are wa/wb here.aseem

3. your flop push was terrible. how often is a worse hand calling that push? how often is a better hand NOT calling that push? you are wa/wb here.
So what is the wa/wb line for NL?
3. your flop push was terrible. how often is a worse hand calling that push? how often is a better hand NOT calling that push? you are wa/wb here.
So what is the wa/wb line for NL?
Bet in a way that procures information so that you know if you're wa/wb.

actually, wa/wb is often still check/call in NL.in last month's 2+2 magazine, or maybe it was two months ago, there was a nice article on playing wa/wb situations in NL. the author (it might have been ray zee, but i'm not sure) also check/called.aseem

You're checking this flop in position and letting a free card come off, aseem? Seems like we have to be betting something here.
i didn't say the bet was bad. i said the push was bad.aseem
I don't see how that all in is that bad.  If your opponent has a 9 hes basically doubling unless you have a good read on him.  A push here can be called by a lot of pp especially if you're playing with weak comp.  It also pushes out flush draws.
you're losing your money to a 9 regardless.but a lot of hands that checkraise this flop are on a bluff and are drawing to either two outs or runner-runner against you. those hands will fold to a push, so you lose value from them.i'm sure this last part is what happened in this hand. you threw away a perfect opportunity to let a bluff hang itself, or to let your opponent get all his money in drawing to two outs.now that i look at it more carefully, i see that there was a flush draw. this makes the decision closer.aseem