#7121 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,769 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:26 AM

I don't understand how someone could not be a fan of Friedman.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#7122 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,336 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:52 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 14 February 2019 - 09:26 AM, said:

I don't understand how someone could not be a fan of Friedman.

Something about him rubs me the wrong way.

#7123 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 50,007 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:18 PM

View PostBabying, on 13 February 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

Was never a huge fan of Elliott but he really did hit the nail on the head

Couldnít agree more. This issue he is dead on. Like how is this even a political issue. Itís sad to see.

Re Friedman. I listen to the podcast. He has some good arguments and info but the last few years he has changed. He comes across as cocky and a know it all.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#7124 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,336 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

What Matt Kuchar did probably cost him way more in endorsements

#7125 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,383 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:13 AM

Help me! I need new all-season tires for my grand caravan. 225/65R17. I have no idea where to even start. My van is 6 years old but hopefully has a few years left. Iíve been told
Costco is cheapest...donít have a membership but could likely get friend/family to take me.

Am I better off at a chain (which one?) or local place? Any brand to go for or stay away from? What price range should I be looking at for a mid-quality set?

Thaaaaanks
Long signatures are really annoying.

#7126 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:35 AM

How many kms are you putting on it per year?

#7127 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,383 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:50 AM

View PostDubey, on 08 April 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

How many kms are you putting on it per year?

15-20000. More than half in the summer. I have a couple seasons left on my winters.

#7128 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:59 PM

If you want cheapest, Costco is probably your best bet but you get what you pay for with tires.

Iíd recommend Going to Kal tire and getting some Michelin Defenders for that size (its a common size in a lot of mid size SUVs and mini vans. We sell a bunch of them for the cx5. Michelin product code is 404402). Price should be around $750-800 installed for a set of 4. If they are charging much more than that, they are ripping you off. Call a few different stores and price match if you have to. Good for 60-80k and wonít kill you if you get a spring snowfall after the winters are off.

#7129 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,894 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:37 PM

View PostDubey, on 08 April 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

If you want cheapest, Costco is probably your best bet but you get what you pay for with tires.

I'd recommend Going to Kal tire and getting some Michelin Defenders for that size (its a common size in a lot of mid size SUVs and mini vans. We sell a bunch of them for the cx5. Michelin product code is 404402). Price should be around $750-800 installed for a set of 4. If they are charging much more than that, they are ripping you off. Call a few different stores and price match if you have to. Good for 60-80k and won't kill you if you get a spring snowfall after the winters are off.

I have Defender's on my Jetta. Good tires.

I bought them last year at Canadian Tire and they gave me $100 in Crappy Tire money instead of the usual rebate. Shoppers Drug Mart was selling Canadian Tire gift cards at a 10% discount as well so I bought $500 of gift cards and saved another $50. I bought the tires there and took them to my own mechanic to install. I'm lucky that the Uncle of a good friend has a 3 bay shop and they are really good and really honest.
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#7130 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,383 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:09 AM

Thanks very much Dubes (and Bob) - we actually got snow today so i donít feel dumb waiting too late lol, but Iíll check around for Defenders today.

#7131 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:00 AM

Random Q.

Does anyone know where I can access polling numbers for specific districts for the upcoming Alberta Election? I need to know whether the UCP is going to win in a landslide in my district or if it is close at all.

#7132 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:52 AM

Never mind. Found the results from the 2015 election. Looks like the PCs and the Wildrose got a combined 75% of the vote in my district. NDP got less than 20%. Itíll probably be 80% UCP in this election. Guess Iíll throw a vote to the Alberta Liberals.

All the idiots around here are going to need a new boogie man to blame all their problems on after Notley and Trudeau are gone and nothing changes.

#7133 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 27,894 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

View PostDubey, on 15 April 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Never mind. Found the results from the 2015 election. Looks like the PCs and the Wildrose got a combined 75% of the vote in my district. NDP got less than 20%. It'll probably be 80% UCP in this election. Guess I'll throw a vote to the Alberta Liberals.

All the idiots around here are going to need a new boogie man to blame all their problems on after Notley and Trudeau are gone and nothing changes.

they can always blame BC
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#7134 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,383 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 08:04 AM

Got my Defenders put on today, thanks again Dubey!
Also got my MVI and other minor work done. Only unexpected problem is they said my e-brake cable was toast and needed replacing (donít think I have used my e-brake once with this vehicle) which was $90 for the part and $150 all-in.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users