23566 replies to this topic

#23301 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 49,451 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 22 February 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

If he doesn't cost you a top 9 player as your team is currently constructed, I would get him in a second.

He's only 28, comes with a fairly small cap hit at 4.7mill for this year and next. I would seriously consider Kapanen+1st+??? Leivo? if that gets it done with NYR.
If they want Nylander/Marner, thats a hard pass. I love Kapanen, but this feels like the right player for this team to me as an outsider.

As a Leafs fan I do that in a heartbeat. Kapanen would be ok to part with.

If Marner was going to get traded I would consider it for a Karlsson though.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#23302 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,451 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

Matthews ďout for a bitĒ.

I guess itís ok

#23303 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,684 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:35 AM

View Postserge, on 22 February 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

Ryan McDonaugh has a 10 team no trade Clause to..The Leafs are NOT on the list..

John, what do you think?

I think it would take a lot

It would take a lot. I think McDonagh would thrive in Toronto, however. He wouldn't have to be Captain which I think was given to him to young. If I was the Rangers, I would look into the possibility of extending him first. If that's unrealistic, then now is the time to trade him since you are selling 2 seasons. I don't see the Rangers as contenders in 18/19
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

#23304 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,451 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:50 AM

Wow. Plekanec

#23305 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,470 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:53 AM

He didn't want to go to the West. Had no trade protection and apparently a similar offer from WPG was on the table. MB did what he could to keep him in the East.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#23306 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,451 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 25 February 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

He didn't want to go to the West. Had no trade protection and apparently a similar offer from WPG was on the table. MB did what he could to keep him in the East.

Can he still score? Where we going to play him.

#23307 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,470 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:56 AM

Excellent acquisition for Leafs.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#23308 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,470 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

View Postserge, on 25 February 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

Only a little offense left but he's a good shutdown centre.

#23309 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,470 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

I fully expect Plekanec will be back with Habs next season. He's 19 games away from 1000. Leafs have 18 games left.

#23310 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:39 AM

View Postserge, on 25 February 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

4C. Huge upgrade over dom moore

#23311 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,400 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

View PostDubey, on 25 February 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

4C. Huge upgrade over dom moore

Is it just me, or would they not have been better off getting a D for that 2nd rounder?
I dont know whos out there for them, but just wondering if the Plekanec over Moore upgrade, while huge, has less of a net effect on this team. Plekanec feels like a guy you should use as your 3rd C, and he would be great at it.
Great get, just want to see what else they will do. If they didnt already have Matthews-Kadri-Bozak, I would say its perfect. Unless they can move Bozak for a D? Then again, maybe you dont want to mess with the good chemistry thats going on there.

#23312 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,470 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 25 February 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Is it just me, or would they not have been better off getting a D for that 2nd rounder?
I dont know whos out there for them, but just wondering if the Plekanec over Moore upgrade, while huge, has less of a net effect on this team. Plekanec feels like a guy you should use as your 3rd C, and he would be great at it.
Great get, just want to see what else they will do. If they didnt already have Matthews-Kadri-Bozak, I would say its perfect. Unless they can move Bozak for a D? Then again, maybe you dont want to mess with the good chemistry thats going on there.
"Who needs dmen?"
~ Pittsburgh Penguins NHL Champs
~ Magically Delicious AHL Champs

#23313 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

Despite popular opinion, I donít actually think the Leafs really have a hole on D that could be easily upgraded. Not counting Polak because I donít think heíd be the one to get replaced anyway.

#23314 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 18,400 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

View PostDubey, on 25 February 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

Despite popular opinion, I don't actually think the Leafs really have a hole on D that could be easily upgraded. Not counting Polak because I don't think he'd be the one to get replaced anyway.

Well, maybe popular opinion is they need a D because a guy like Polak should actually be #7/#8 on a contending team?

For me, its a matter of pushing everyone down a slot, and putting Polak as your #7 IF you need him. The depth just isnt there IMO, and a top 4 guy would help push down whoever of the top 4 you think should be #5 (Hainsey? Zaitsev?)....and then having the last pair be that guy and Dermott.

All that said, I dont really know that a top 4 D is going to be available for a 2nd rounder, so maybe Pleks is the best play. But Id rather give up a 1st+prospect for McDonagh, than a 2nd for Plek to be my #4 C

#23315 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,906 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:08 PM

Letís hope itís xmas time for Leafs fans. Never been so excited for trade deadline day

#23316 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,451 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:09 AM

I Definetely think we need to improve the depth of the D today. Freddie leads the NHL in shots against and itís not even close.

#23317 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 38,470 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:49 AM

Mike Green maybe

#23318 serge

serge

• Members
  • 49,451 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:53 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 26 February 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

Mike Green maybe

Paul Martin might be a cheap pick up. Guy with experience. There has been Leaf scouts at the Barracuda games scouting him.

#23319 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:18 AM

View Postserge, on 26 February 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

Paul Martin might be a cheap pick up. Guy with experience. There has been Leaf scouts at the Barracuda games scouting him.

No. We donít need another bad veteran for Babcock to decide to play over young guys in the playoffs.

Iím ok with Mcdonaugh or Green but I donít really want to move any of our NHL ready young guys to do it (Leivo, Kapanen, Johnson, lillegren etc..)

#23320 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:21 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 25 February 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Well, maybe popular opinion is they need a D because a guy like Polak should actually be #7/#8 on a contending team?

For me, its a matter of pushing everyone down a slot, and putting Polak as your #7 IF you need him. The depth just isnt there IMO, and a top 4 guy would help push down whoever of the top 4 you think should be #5 (Hainsey? Zaitsev?)....and then having the last pair be that guy and Dermott.

All that said, I dont really know that a top 4 D is going to be available for a 2nd rounder, so maybe Pleks is the best play. But Id rather give up a 1st+prospect for McDonagh, than a 2nd for Plek to be my #4 C

I agree, and if Polak is the guy that gets pushed out, then Iím 100% for it. If itís carrick or Dermott who takes a seat as a result of the trade, Iím less excited about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users