big sunday tourneys

do you guys who play in these big tournies (i'm talking 200+) have a really huge bankrol? or do you normally satellite into these? i only ask because i can only dream of having a big enough roll to play these every week...every now and again i satellite into one of them, but i don't try too often.

do you guys who play in these big tournies (i'm talking 200+) have a really huge bankrol?  or do you normally satellite into these?  i only ask because i can only dream of having a big enough roll to play these every week...every now and again i satellite into one of them, but i don't try too often.
My bankroll's only about 3500 right now (downswing + tuition). But, I've had a nice week (took 5th in the Bodog 7500 guaranteed) and since I normally play 5/10, $100 is only 10 BB's.
my br is 12k and I play them from time to time, definelty out of my BR in the long run
Well, the key is to have a good tournament game and be confident in it. I certainly play cash games much more than tournaments, but occassionally I'll buy-in (or sat-in) to a larger mtt to try to hit it big.
my br is 12k and I play them from time to time, definelty out of my BR in the long run
Well, the key is to have a good tournament game and be confident in it. I certainly play cash games much more than tournaments, but occassionally I'll buy-in (or sat-in) to a larger mtt to try to hit it big.
agreed
I love tournaments. If you play well and you get lucky in one tournament, that can make up for 2 months of bad days at the cash game tables. The problem is that its hard to be consistent with them and they're frustrating as hell. Its hard to stay focused after you get knocked outta a tournament time after time on a bad beat. (not that i would know how that feels)

I'm in the 500k on Party this week. Satellited in for the first time ever so I'm really looking forward to it.