A general rule is 1500x the big blind if you buy in for 50x the big blind at the table. 2000x if you buy in for 100x at the table.
That sure seems like a lot. Are you saying that to play the $200 buy-in 2-4 no limit game like those offered at Mandalay or Bellagio, you should have a $6000 bankroll?I thought I'd read somewhere that 500 bb is good. Am I wrong?
A general rule is 1500x the big blind if you buy in for 50x the big blind at the table. 2000x if you buy in for 100x at the table.
That sure seems like a lot. Are you saying that to play the $200 buy-in 2-4 no limit game like those offered at Mandalay or Bellagio, you should have a $6000 bankroll?I thought I'd read somewhere that 500 bb is good. Am I wrong?
Yeah, I thought of it as a lot too. I do follow it though because it is easier mentally to know that you have quite a bit of reserves even if you get unlucky on a few huge hands.Another less strict rule I have heard was that you should just have 10x the buy-in for your table. So if you buy in for 50x the BB at your table, then theoretically 500x would be okay. Good luck.