Official Palin/biden Debate Thread

I figure there will be a thread about this anyway so we might as well start one. I'm going to watch it all first then check it out later. I predict that the debate won't match the hype and that it won't be all that fun. Palin has been rehearsing in debate camp and I'm assuming Biden has been instructed not to call her sweetie or honey. I expect "talking point central" with little substance. I also expect some corny jokes, a la. "Oh ya, I've, like, been listening to his speeches since the second grade." I also expect a "Russia is close to her house" joke, and then several shots at the various Biden gaffes to choose from. Actually, I expect Palin to point out that Biden himself said he didn't think Obama was ready, and now he does? I expect Palin to stick home the point that Biden was also against the war and he and Obama don't agree on how to handle the war. Biden will counter with the same talking points that Palin and McCain use, in that, disagreements are to be expected and that's a good thing as they challenge each other to come up with the best solution. I would expect Biden to focus on the possibility of Palin being the the president and her lack of foreign policy experience and her lack of knowledge of the issues. I'd expect him to completely stay away from the teen pregnancy issue and the issues surrounding the firing of the officer, but that he will focus on her opposition to a woman's right to choose even in the case of incest and rape as well as her opposition to the morning after pill. I dunno, it will all be fun... for me anyway.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure there will be a thread about this anyway so we might as well start one. I'm going to watch it all first then check it out later. I predict that the debate won't match the hype and that it won't be all that fun. Palin has been rehearsing in debate camp and I'm assuming Biden has been instructed not to call her sweetie or honey. I expect "talking point central" with little substance. I also expect some corny jokes, a la. "Oh ya, I've, like, been listening to his speeches since the second grade." I also expect a "Russia is close to her house" joke, and then several shots at the various Biden gaffes to choose from. Actually, I expect Palin to point out that Biden himself said he didn't think Obama was ready, and now he does? I expect Palin to stick home the point that Biden was also against the war and he and Obama don't agree on how to handle the war. Biden will counter with the same talking points that Palin and McCain use, in that, disagreements are to be expected and that's a good thing as they challenge each other to come up with the best solution. I would expect Biden to focus on the possibility of Palin being the the president and her lack of foreign policy experience and her lack of knowledge of the issues. I'd expect him to completely stay away from the teen pregnancy issue and the issues surrounding the firing of the officer, but that he will focus on her opposition to a woman's right to choose even in the case of incest and rape as well as her opposition to the morning after pill. I dunno, it will all be fun... for me anyway.
I expect that we will both watch it and see entirely different things.
All this.And as the only non-Senator in the race, I see her trying to take some shots that only she is positioned to take. I have seen more lipstick than pit-bull from her so far. Wondering if/when the pit-bull shows up.Ultimately, I expect the Conservatives to immediately claim victory and mock any Biden gaffs, and the Liberals to immediately say their initial feelings towards Palin are now confirmed.

You guys know the Cubs playoff game is on at the same time right... the cubs... in the playoffs... You all know who you're voting for anyway, so why the hell do you care what these two bozos say? It's your patriotic duty to watch the cubs, they are America's sweet heart. God damn commies, turning your back on america's game*.* Apologies to the Canadian citizens, you have no patriotic duty to watch the cubs.... though I have even less of a clue why the hell you care about the VP debate. But knock yourselves out.

All this.And as the only non-Senator in the race, I see her trying to take some shots that only she is positioned to take. I have seen more lipstick than pit-bull from her so far. Wondering if/when the pit-bull shows up.Ultimately, I expect the Conservatives to immediately claim victory and mock any Biden gaffs, and the Liberals to immediately say their initial feelings towards Palin are now confirmed.
No, if she sucks I will say she sucks. I don't really have any idea how this going to go down. No preconceived notions about jokes that may be said and how corny they may be or anything. Zero biases here.
You guys know the Cubs playoff game is on at the same time right... the cubs... in the playoffs... You all know who you're voting for anyway, so why the hell do you care what these two bozos say? It's your patriotic duty to watch the cubs, they are America's sweet heart. God damn commies, turning your back on america's game*.* Apologies to the Canadian citizens, you have no patriotic duty to watch the cubs.... though I have even less of a clue why the hell you care about the VP debate. But knock yourselves out.
Meh, the debate will be over by like the 2nd inning.
You guys know the Cubs playoff game is on at the same time right... the cubs... in the playoffs... You all know who you're voting for anyway, so why the hell do you care what these two bozos say? It's your patriotic duty to watch the cubs, they are America's sweet heart. God damn commies, turning your back on america's game*.
Are you on drugs?Im gonna tune in to see what Palin is wearing. If shes showing any cleavage, I'll watch for about three minutes and then I'll be done.
Are you on drugs?
Not as far as you know...... ixnay on the ugdray alktay... El Guapo's an Arcnay ...... ( a question for the grammar inclined.. is your decision to use "a" or "an" when using a pig latin word detirmined by the original word, or the pig latinly modified word.. I decided to go with "an arcnay" but it doesn't sound right to me. )
Not as far as you know...... ixnay on the ugdray alktay... El Guapo's an Arcnay ......
ten four good buddy.did i hear Palin ask Biden if she could call him Joe? "Yeah, baby, better learn my name. you're gonna be screaming it all night."

Both of them have a lot of "ummm's" to answer their questions. Palin's answers so far have been almost robotic. Biden is putting a lot more of attack mode on so far. Palin is much more promoting her candidate so far.Literally as I am typing, Palin makes her first swipe at Obama

ten four good buddy.did i hear Palin ask Biden if she could call him Joe? "Yeah, baby, better learn my name. you're gonna be screaming it all night."
Everytime Palin opens her mouth, I hold my breath worrying she is going to crumble into a nervous heap......that first answer when she started talking about Soccer games......but it went better than I thought it would.

I can't bear the tension of watching it ... so, I'll just peak at the debate now and then. But I figure you guys will give reports.So, I'll be railing it from here.Thank you for your commentary.