Since this is my first post, I was wondering what others thought about this dilemma:I was playing in a "freeroll" tourney this afternoon (live game) that had some pretty good prizes. i.e. 50" plasma tv, lawn/garden tractor, etc. etc.10 spots paid out of 100.Blinds are 100-200 I've got about 1,250.I'm in the big blind w/two black fives.I get two callers one of them being the ultra aggressive guy on my left.Flop jh 5h 4d.I check my set hoping aggressive guy bets. I get my wish, I end up coming over the top and pushing. He calls.turn 7hriver 8hOpponent turns over ah jd for the flush.Dealer pushes me the pot as I'm getting ready to go as he must have thought my set of fives won. I said that no his hand was the winner, everyone else at the table agreed with the dealer (he continued to push me the pot.) I finally got up and actually touched the cards to show the table.Did I do the right thing???

.Blinds are 100-200 I've got about 1,250.I'm in the big blind w/two black fives.Flop jh 5h 4d.I check my set hoping aggressive guy bets. I get my wish, I end up coming over the top and pushing. He calls.Did I do the right thing???
Ummm, no. How do you not push pf there?Mark

Okay, i know i'm evil, but if dude with the flush doesn't say anything about it, i'm not gonna. I've sat at a table in a tourney and watched the dealer push the chips to one guy in what should have been a split pot...as far as i'm concerned when you're at the table it's part of the game...you have to claim your winnings.

Okay, i know i'm evil, but if dude with the flush doesn't say anything about it, i'm not gonna. I've sat at a table in a tourney and watched the dealer push the chips to one guy in what should have been a split pot...as far as i'm concerned when you're at the table it's part of the game...you have to claim your winnings.
good point.the dude should have said something, not you
No. Because his M was like miniscule. Damn newb.
Newbs are idiots that overplay their small pairs... Two people already limp in for 200 bucks.. an 800 raise into a 600 dollar pot, three handed, they prolly both have him out chip'd considerably and a chance to knock out another guy will prolly end up both calling and checking it down.. so his crappy pair of 5's will go up against 4 over cards... yeah great play. but whatever dude... You play your way, I'll play mine.
Since this is my first post, I was wondering what others thought about this dilemma:I was playing in a "freeroll" tourney this afternoon (live game) that had some pretty good prizes. i.e. 50" plasma tv, lawn/garden tractor, etc. etc.10 spots paid out of 100.Blinds are 100-200 I've got about 1,250.I'm in the big blind w/two black fives.I get two callers one of them being the ultra aggressive guy on my left.Flop jh 5h 4d.I check my set hoping aggressive guy bets. I get my wish, I end up coming over the top and pushing. He calls.turn 7hriver 8hOpponent turns over ah jd for the flush.Dealer pushes me the pot as I'm getting ready to go as he must have thought my set of fives won. I said that no his hand was the winner, everyone else at the table agreed with the dealer (he continued to push me the pot.) I finally got up and actually touched the cards to show the table.Did I do the right thing???
Unless you are playing at a Special Olympics table, I'll say this is damn near impossible.
Thank you thank you... feel free to repost it anywhere. It'd be sweet to see it floating around the net.
I was thinking you should make T-Shirts and sell them at next years WSOP.That would be some funny shit.
Newbs are idiots that overplay their small pairs... Two people already limp in for 200 bucks.. an 800 raise into a 600 dollar pot, three handed, they prolly both have him out chip'd considerably and a chance to knock out another guy will prolly end up both calling and checking it down.. so his crappy pair of 5's will go up against 4 over cards... yeah great play. but whatever dude... You play your way, I'll play mine.
Or he just waits til the flop to put all his chips in.Seriously. His M is horrible. he should have been pushing a long time before that. Learn to play tournament poker, newb.
Or he just waits til the flop to put all his chips in.Seriously. His M is horrible. he should have been pushing a long time before that. Learn to play tournament poker, newb.
Dude are you mentally retarded. I was talking about his 5's not his overall play. Thats what Im saying.. If it was me I woulda found a spot to put all my money in before the big blind got to me... BUT IN THIS SITUATION (which is what I originally replied to), after two callers I wouldnt have done it preflop with pair of measley 5's. Especailly, when Im gonna have gauranteed call or calls behind me making my hand turn to sh!t. His stack is small but thats not gonna increase his chances of winning this hand., His blind was already in, so even if he flolded after the flop came out.. Next hands only gonna cost em $100 and he's gonna have 5-6 chances to put his remaining 700 chips in with better cards. There not much difference between 700 and 1K. Id rather throw in 700 with better odds of winning than 1K with sh!t chances, but thats just me. Like I said, whatever. Actually Id prefer you to keep playing the way you do.Now go play with your WSOP bracelets.
Dude are you mentally retarded. I was talking about his 5's not his overall play. Thats what Im saying.. If it was me I woulda found a spot to put all my money in before the big blind got to me... BUT IN THIS SITUATION (which is what I originally replied to), after two callers I wouldnt have done it preflop with pair of measley 5's. Especailly, when Im gonna have gauranteed call or calls behind me making my hand turn to sh!t. His stack is small but thats not gonna increase his chances of winning this hand., His blind was already in, so even if he flolded after the flop came out.. Next hands only gonna cost em $100 and he's gonna have 5-6 chances to put his remaining 700 chips in with better cards. There not much difference between 700 and 1K. Id rather throw in 700 with better odds of winning than 1K with sh!t chances, but thats just me. Like I said, whatever. Actually Id prefer you to keep playing the way you do.Now go play with your WSOP bracelets.
Push. AINEC.You really don't know anything about tournament strategy at all, do you?