Any reads on how villain plays? kind of difficult to make a decision without knowing villains style but to me since it was such a weak raise on such a coordinated board i think villain might have a flush draw. A set would have protected his hand with a much bigger raise and i think he would do the same with any two pair combinations.

Looks like KJ or some other pair and str8 draw. the small c/r leads me to belive he doesnt really like his hand cause of all the draws but he wants to try and get a little more valueIf he has something like KJ I dont want him drawing, push

Looks like KJ or some other pair and str8 draw. the small c/r leads me to belive he doesnt really like his hand cause of all the draws but he wants to try and get a little more valueIf he has something like KJ I dont want him drawing, push
i was thinking the exact oppostie w/ the c/ri thought it meant a huge hand.......i was so close to folding i had to basically force myself off the fold button, convincing myself that folding was too passive. I just wasn't ready to play a big pot here.
i was thinking the exact oppostie w/ the c/ri thought it meant a huge hand.......i was so close to folding i had to basically force myself off the fold button, convincing myself that folding was too passive. I just wasn't ready to play a big pot here.
Most of the time this C/R is simply top pair / decent kicker. I've seen this a ton at these limits. You raise KK flop J 7 4 and you get C/R with AJ. It happens quite a bit.Of course we have to know a lil about our opponent to take advantage here. Otherwise we are calling down.
so for the rest of the hand........BB rasies to $13, Hero callsTurn (2 players, ~$32)4 :D BB bets $18, Hero callsRiver (2players, $68)7 :club: BB bets $38, Hero calls?
I really dont like our hand since villain didnt slow down whatsoever when the club hit the turn. i guess a hand like k-j would be possible for villain to have but im generally folding this.
getting 2.8 to 1????hell the knowledge of what villian had is worth more than the bet
I really don't like the half-pot on the turn and then the value on the river. The Villain isn't scared a bit of the flush. I think TP checks the river.

Call down here is fine. If we raise him on the flop again, he will fold the worst hand, and pushes the best.

Call down here is fine. If we raise him on the flop again, he will fold the worst hand, and pushes the best.
calling down gets very expensive though.reraising gives us the visibility we could really use right now.....i don't know- it just seems like the only time i get action on aces is when i'm beat