Star Wars Spoiler Thread For Steve

Sorry Bob.

Go ahead Steve, I want to read more from you about the film, Kylo Ren.

btw, I really liked him at first. And I did like the "repeat", just the rest seemed lacking in a twist of some kind, so maybe that was it for me? I dont know.

POST AWAY STEVE, POST AWAY.....

I think they did a good job with the movie..

I think its a very good stand alone movie, also it has a lot of back story development as well.

I loved how they got a lot of the characters like R2D2 and C3po involved, even though they didnt need to be for the plot..

I really really wished there was Yoda, as he is my favorite of all time..The yellow woman like creature was Yoda like but not Yoda..

Maybe i am missing something did Yoda die previously? He doesnt die I thought, he is 900 years old..I am a big Star Wars fan, but I dont know all the little things that connect all the characters

Mark Hamill has a 5 minute scene, but he is a major character and is a huge part of the plot..

I CANT WAIT TILL May 26, 2017

Then it looks like May 2019 for episode 9..

I apparently missed it the first time Yoda was present, in voice only..I need to see this movie a few times.

I think they did a good job with the movie..

I think its a very good stand alone movie, also it has a lot of back story development as well.

I loved how they got a lot of the characters like R2D2 and C3po involved, even though they didnt need to be for the plot..

I really really wished there was Yoda, as he is my favorite of all time..The yellow woman like creature was Yoda like but not Yoda..

Maybe i am missing something did Yoda die previously? He doesnt die I thought, he is 900 years old..I am a big Star Wars fan, but I dont know all the little things that connect all the characters

Mark Hamill has a 5 minute scene, but he is a major character and is a huge part of the plot..

I CANT WAIT TILL May 26, 2017

Then it looks like May 2019 for episode 9..

yoda died in Ep 6

Yeah yoda, Ben, and ewans voice were heard when Rey touched the light saber.

It adds to the question of who she belongs to. Is she lules kid? Is she a Kenobi? Is she Han/Leias kid this Kylos sister?

Habe to leave to pick up Jin. I'll post more later.

I'm curious as to whether Steve buys into the kylo ren theory. This one : http://www.buzzfeed....-yet#.uu5ZOdB83

Isnt being "conflicted and torn" all about being dragged to the dark side by his thoughts and emotions? Isnt that what happened to Anakin, and didnt he also have conflicts about it before fully immersing himself in it?

He's just at the first stage, isn't that what Snoke says?

hmm, maybe I just need to see this again.

btw, there was a time at the start of this movie when I thought maybe Luke was Kylo Ren

Also, I loved the Rey character too. Fin I was so-so on, I am hoping like Steve (?) said, there's much more to him than we are led to believe.

Rey I thought for sure was Leia+Han's other child. I thought that was obvious, but when I left the movie, I got told by my family it wasn't that obvious. I thought brother-sister fight for sure.

The whole time during the movie I was thinking Jennifer Lawrence would of been perfect for the lead role. Lot hotter too.

I think she does a great job though

Is Kylo Darth Vaders grandson? Meaning Luke s nephew?

have you even seen the movie serge??? Kylo ren is solo/leias son. Luke and leia are bro/sis. Vader is Luke's/leias father. Ren is Luke's nephew.

There's gotta be more to Finn. Why did he just suddenly turn. I like to pretend he's Landos kid but that's just for laughs. I guess Sammuel Jackson was at some function with Finn and came up to him and said something to the effect "My son!"

My cynicism: Luke's role was written as such to avoid having Mark Hamill act/speak. lol

I've never thought he was a good actor frankly.

He's rumored to start acting in the next film. I agree with you though. Never liked his performance.

I'm now torn (heh) on my theories on Kylo after reading that buzzfeed article. I feel my life has been a lie the last 4 days. Lol

My cynicism: Luke's role was written as such to avoid having Mark Hamill act/speak. lol

agreed. I thought he played the wide eyed kid well in IV but stunk in everything since

I assumed he would have a bigger role in number 8

Ok... moving this here....

I too was thoroughly entertained by the movie, didn't bother me at all that it was somewhat cookie cut from IV... Disney needs a reboot for this generation so why not have them experience similarities to the first, the returning actors were used in a great way (mostly, aside from R2 the doorstop) and the new characters are so likable.

Now, onto the spoilerish part. I know there is a ton of speculation that Rey is Skywalkers daughter... I read a much more interesting post that was quite convincing in the idea that she is Anakin reincarnate. Considering all the powers she seems to possess (like being able to fly the Falcon like a pro... who was the best star pilot in the Galaxy? ) it's a convincing idea.

The whole continuing plot of the Star Wars series is based around the Skywalker family so either one of those options seems to fit.

Can't wait to find out in a couple years how they play it.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched this last night. Liked it a lot, maybe even loved it. It was everything good about Episode 4 (simple, clear story, memorable characters, excellent pacing, full of wonder), without everything bad about episode 4 (bad acting, awful special effects, lame villain)

I thought Rae was Luke's daughter when watching the film, I thought it was heavily implied, but my wife did not agree, so I don't know.

After watching all of the original trilogy recently(although I confess I got bored/sleepy and never finished return of the Jedi), my rankings are:

7 (by a country mile), 5,4,6

forgot to mention, I think the worst part of the movie was Carrie Fisher/Princess Leia. While Harrison Ford maintained his screen presence over the years, I didn't really buy Fisher/Leia as a general/former princess.

• Like 1