36 replies to this topic

#21 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

Couple of well written reviews:Village Voice reviews Tree of LifeOnion AVClub review of Tree of Life
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#22 frautotenkinder

frautotenkinder

Edna Mode + Sally Draper

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Smoky Paloma

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

My favorite review/meditation so farEbert
The above is my best decision in a while.

#23 DJ Vu

DJ Vu

DJ Vu

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

So what got into Malick? Five movies over a span of almost forty years, then four in two?2013 Knight of Cups (pre-production) 2013 Lawless (pre-production) 2012 Untitled Terrence Malick Project (post-production) 2012 Voyage of Time (post-production) 2011 The Tree of Life 2005 The New World 1998 The Thin Red Line 1978 Days of Heaven 1973 Badlands

#24 ShakeZuma

ShakeZuma

A hot and bothered astronaut

• Members
  • 14,680 posts
  • Interests:Basket weaving, gardening, BDSM

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

since I know you've all been eagerly awaiting my review of this movie I guess I'll go ahead and give it now: I liked the dinosaurs.

View PostAmScray, on 30 August 2010 - 12:41 PM, said:

one cannot possibly ascribe themselves to the larger (D) philosophy without first being a poon

#25 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

the dinosaurs were pretty awesomethin red line was incrediblethis movie was really not very incredible, though I did enjoy it. my dad sat in for part of it, slept for a bit, then walked away disgruntled.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#26 iBeaver

iBeaver

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

The middle of TRL was incredible. The first 45 minutes and the last 8 hours were pure shit. Never good when the authors wife walks out of the premiere. But she was justified.

#27 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,223 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

this is my first malick movie. and i was blown away. it was so different. so awesomely different.

View PostRon_Mexico, on 23 April 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#28 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:19 AM

Badlands is pretty great...
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#29 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,223 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

the more i think about it the more impressed i am with this movie. it really blew me away.

Now that i've had a few drinks, I'm ready to admilt that the reason I dont post more is suited.

I hate every fiber of his being. He's awful and everything he writes is wrong, coupled with being annoying. Its uncanny how awful he is. If he was around when this thread was thriving, he would have killed it. Thankfully, he wasnt.

Maybe in the real world, he's not so awful (evidence says otherwise) but here, he makes me want to fight. Nobody makes me want to fight. Its beyond weird. I almost feel bad, but I dont

#30 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,589 posts
  • Interests:Playing in nuclear fallout.
  • Favorite Poker Game:I play 100/200 live with my best friend Jason.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

Then you should see his other stuff.

View PostiZuma, on 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

napa I was jesus christing suited, you guys just slipped in before me.

#31 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,223 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

i will eventually.

#32 frautotenkinder

frautotenkinder

Edna Mode + Sally Draper

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

I saw this movie three years ago on the big screen, and not since. Other Malick I've seen

Days of Heaven (small screen)
And that's it--I think I'm trying to wait to see his movies on the big screen, and I've taken a couple years off movie going.

I still think about the
Spoiler

More than the storytelling, I think about the visuals, and how the the two intersected to become a swirling nonlinear dreamy, beautiful world.

View PostSkeleton Jelly, on 18 May 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

Current topic of discussion requiring opinions: which animal would give the best blowjob?

Is this topic still open? I'd like to nominate the human animal, with the fleshlite of the sea (tm BigD) a close second.

#33 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,589 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

View Postfrautotenkinder, on 06 July 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

I saw this movie three years ago on the big screen, and not since. Other Malick I've seen

Days of Heaven (small screen)
And that's it--I think I'm trying to wait to see his movies on the big screen, and I've taken a couple years off movie going.

I still think about the
Spoiler

More than the storytelling, I think about the visuals, and how the the two intersected to become a swirling nonlinear dreamy, beautiful world.

Yep. The story presentation was fantastic. I would imagine that most of my friends would stop liking me if I made them watch it. It's pace is definitely not for everyone, and I knew that going in. It's been sitting on my DVR for 2 years, until I was in just the right mood. I'm actually glad I waited since I had already missed the theater run anyway.

Also: I miss Ebert. What a fantastic review. Thanks for posting it.

View Postfrautotenkinder, on 06 July 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Is this topic still open?

Oh nuts. Nope sorry. That one has been closed down. You just missed the window.

Btw Frau, did you notice the proof earlier in this thread that it's my fault that you finally came into the sick thread. Brv gets 100% credit. Screw JJJ.

#34 frautotenkinder

frautotenkinder

Edna Mode + Sally Draper

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

View Postbrvheart, on 06 July 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Btw Frau, did you notice the proof earlier in this thread that it's my fault that you finally came into the sick thread. Brv gets 100% credit. Screw JJJ.

I did not see that proof you speak of. I'm surprised how long I've been posting on this site. I tried to illustrate my feelings, and how I started in the various threads.

Posted Image

Oh, that proof. Well, I remember you pm'ing me right away, when I started posting in the movies thread. Or the music thread.

Edited by frautotenkinder, 06 July 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#35 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,589 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

Boom. In your face, JJJ.

#36 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 25,223 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

too bad he's dead and will never know.

#37 brvheart

brvheart

I'm the best.

• Members
  • 25,589 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

I hope that sonofabitch is dead.

JESUS!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users