Best Limit Book

It really depends what you play, what you've already read and what your level of experience is. SSH was the bible about 3 years ago, and though the games are a bit too tight for it to be truly optimal today, if you're just starting out and playing below 2/4 online, it's still the way to go.Also good is HfAP, and though it's a general concept book, I think it's extremely important to've read TOP.

Thanks Dirtydutch....exactly what I was after..I am just starting out...playing 50c/$1 online at the moment.I was going to order some books from Amazon already, so I will add those to my list. (also going to get Daniel's new book)Thanks again :club:

(also going to get Daniel's new book)
I would probably save my $30 at the moment; depending again on what you play, it's really not that relevant or useful. The smallball section is interesting for deep, deep-stacked tournament play, but not really much help to us.
I just finished this one and loved it. I figured in the original response that he was a pretty novice player, but yeah, if not, great book.
Yeah...kinda a novice...I have been playing at a few local games (freerolls) for a couple of years, but only just started putting money into online in the last few months...and only just started limit-poker when I signed up online.Thanks for the suggestions about the books...I will add the 'Winning in Tough Hold'em Games' book to my list..Thanks again
Yeah...kinda a novice...I have been playing at a few local games (freerolls) for a couple of years, but only just started putting money into online in the last few months...and only just started limit-poker when I signed up online.Thanks for the suggestions about the books...I will add the 'Winning in Tough Hold'em Games' book to my list..Thanks again
It's a great book, but it's level of suggested aggression is going to be a bit misplaced in the low limit full-handed games, particularly before you've developed some experience, feel and confidence. I think your efforts would be better spent on the three books I mentioned and just getting in hands. The best thing you can do, in my opinion, is to keep active on here with hand histories. Post scenarios where you don't know what to do, read other peoples hand histories, and if you see people talking about a line or play you don't understand, just ask us to explain it to you. I think pretty much everyone active here has a pretty solid handle on at least the lower levels of the game (the "lower levels" part is mostly about me), and we get so little traffic through here now that responding to torrents of inquiries isn't really at all an issue.
[edit]
jamie, i'm glad you like it. it is seriously the best poker book EVER written.could you do me a favor (80% serious) and edit it out of your previous post. people knowing that that book exists is seriously bad for my long term expectation. tytytyty.
Oh my God, you drive me nuts, NB. You're always hinting various wealths of game-changing information that could make us all millionaires with supermodel girlfriends, but won't share it. You're either full of shit or a complete strat tease.
I'm ****ing dying here. Please someone PM me. This is seriously the most anxious I've ever been.
The extent to which this thread just went up its own ass and came out again is positively groundbreaking. I mean this in the nicest possible way, as a man with a deranged capacity for amusement -- but Christ. I haven't the slightest idea how functional this secret-keeping is, but it's too-fucking-much, for my sensibility.I love you, NB.
this book.
this book.
No I'm pretty sure this is some hippy, non-strat book that is supposed to change your outlook more than your actual play. Jamie said it improved his stamina IIRC, which would have nothing to do with this book. Also, I think they said that nobody really knows about it, which again does not fit this book.
Winning in Tough Hold'em Games, by Stoxtrader (Nick Grudzien) is a must.
I picked this up after feeling like LHE is the game I needed to work the most on in terms of the mixed games. Down to the final 2 tables SH at the USPC HOSE event I felt like my SH LHE game was exploited a bit by the better players like Reslock, Cernuto and some others. I do not play LHE unless it is in rotation in a mixed game or in a HORSE tourney but after seeing some of the comments here I felt like it might be a good investment to help my weakest game. I'm only about an hour or so into it and it is really really good IMO. I've never really played ring LHE exclusively but I feel like it will certainly help my LHE when it is in rotation or in a SH tourney setting for sure. In terms of the mixed games I only play tourneys or live 10/20 and I feel like most of the strat in these pages can be applied to most sessions.
I'm sure a lot of us would agree but this comment doesn't help anybody unless you elaborate.
It's been a long time since I've read it, but as I recall: Notice how quickly LLH went from gospel all the way up to like 10-20 to a few years later barely being quoted or mentioned in these forums? Well, the thing that keeps it useful to a newb in spite of this is that reading it gives you an understanding of why it's correct to play like that, and therefore when it's not. It provides you with theoretical understanding so as to allow you to adapt, later. WLLHE, as I recall, is mostly just exploitable guidelines that won't work well in these games, and there's just not enough attention given to the panapplicable concepts that helped a lot of the former LLH disciples adjust, post-UIGA. Even back in '05 I remember Smash laughing about WLLHE pedants and how easily he took their money. It's just not a great system.